Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #316
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,240
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have to agree with jsarno on this one. At times the MODs on here go on a bit of a power trip.
Right. I guess you haven't frequented any other boards lately? We're just so horrible around here.

Care to give some specifics since you've decided to call us out?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #317
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Matty, this is the last PM we had:

I wrote:

Quote:
... I had a feeling these rep points would not be a good thing...I had no idea that you would be the one abusing it.
you wrote back:
Quote:
ok I edited the rep I left for you to be only -1 and I deleted the comment.
Giving me 1 negative rep is fine, but what I was upset about it how you dropped me an unfair amount because it was you that was upset. A non mod or non admin can only give 1 negative rep comment (depending on how many points they have will determine how much you fall) and that was what I would have expected back then. Just cause you have the power to edit / add / delete rep points doesn't mean you should.

I've usually enjoyed your posts here matty, and like I have told you before, you were the reason I came back to this site after my daughter died. I have respect for you, all I ask for is fairness and everyone have the rules applied to them equally.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #318
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have to agree with jsarno on this one. At times the MODs on here go on a bit of a power trip.
I'm not really saying that. They are human, and they do make mistakes. I am not the type to look the other way when some injustices occur. When they do, I bring it up to them. I have had a couple issues with exactly 2 mods on here, but nothing we didn't resolve. Other sites would not have been so willing to discuss them, which is why I prefer this site.
Everyone is human, including mods.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #319
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,656
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Right. I guess you haven't frequented any other boards lately? We're just so horrible around here.

Care to give some specifics since you've decided to call us out?
I didn't say horrible and this is my favorite site, I come every day. My PERCEPTION at times is that the mods on here sometimes go on power trips.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #320
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I said right away in that thread yesterday I was wrong for quoting schneed.

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/442045-post19.html

What more do you want? Everyone makes mistakes. I guess you want to keep it going.

I had moved on, I just wanted to talk about your dog beating.
There is a big difference in dog discpline and dog beating. The way you make it sound is that he is beating his dog just because he likes to beat on his dog.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #321
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
There should have been no net effect on your points, I gave you neg rep and then deleted it.
Well then, I don't get how I can go from 35ish, to -9 to 15ish. Having 35ish points, then 1 negative rep comment from you brings me to -9, (that's over 45 points I dropped) then when you deleted it, I went back to 15 or 17 or so (I don't recall the exact figures). This was back when we first started this and we both had 1 green block, so your comments should not have weighed that heavily. Maybe when you were deleting you deleted some other points from me, I don't know. I'm going to take you at your word that you didn't do anything on purpose like that, but you certainly inadvertantly changed the points somehow.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #322
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
There is a big difference in dog discpline and dog beating. The way you make it sound is that he is beating his dog just because he likes to beat on his dog.
Thank you. That's how I took it too.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #323
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I didn't say horrible and this is my favorite site, I come every day. My PERCEPTION at times is that the mods on here sometimes go on power trips.
That's a better comment. Yes, it is true. But like I said, they are human too. They can't be perfect all the time.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #324
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,240
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Matty, this is the last PM we had:

I wrote:



you wrote back:

Giving me 1 negative rep is fine, but what I was upset about it how you dropped me an unfair amount because it was you that was upset. A non mod or non admin can only give 1 negative rep comment (depending on how many points they have will determine how much you fall) and that was what I would have expected back then. Just cause you have the power to edit / add / delete rep points doesn't mean you should.

I've usually enjoyed your posts here matty, and like I have told you before, you were the reason I came back to this site after my daughter died. I have respect for you, all I ask for is fairness and everyone have the rules applied to them equally.
I deleted our reps because after discussing it I thought it was the right thing to do and you seemed to agree. If you continued to have a problem with that why didn't you just say so? Instead we're rehashing this what... several months afterwards? Hell I don't even remember when that was exactly and I thought it was a dead issue.

That's the only time I've ever even touched the rep points, because honestly I really don't even care about them. Too much is made of the rep points around here anyway. I don't understand how that situation wasn't fair in the end.

I didn't give you an unfair amount, as an admin I have more points, and there are other factors involved that can increase your rep power whether you are a mod or not. I don't appreciate that you seem to be insinuating that I unfairly manipulated the system, because as I said I don't even care enough about rep points to do that, and the bottom line is that's not how I operate as an admin.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #325
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,240
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
There is a big difference in dog discpline and dog beating. The way you make it sound is that he is beating his dog just because he likes to beat on his dog.
Let's be clear, he's the one that originally said he beat his dogs. Beating is a pretty harsh word to me that that's why I asked if he really did that. If he had said discipline I wouldn't even have thought twice.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #326
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,240
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I didn't say horrible and this is my favorite site, I come every day. My PERCEPTION at times is that the mods on here sometimes go on power trips.
What exactly is a power trip?

Again, let's be specific and not just toss around loose accusations.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #327
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I deleted our reps because after discussing it I thought it was the right thing to do and you seemed to agree. If you continued to have a problem with that why didn't you just say so? Instead we're rehashing this what... several months afterwards? Hell I don't even remember when that was exactly and I thought it was a dead issue.

That's the only time I've ever even touched the rep points, because honestly I really don't even care about them. Too much is made of the rep points around here anyway. I don't understand how that situation wasn't fair in the end.

I didn't give you an unfair amount, as an admin I have more points, and there are other factors involved that can increase your rep power whether you are a mod or not. I don't appreciate that you seem to be insinuating that I unfairly manipulated the system, because as I said I don't even care enough about rep points to do that, and the bottom line is that's not how I operate as an admin.
I actually thought you deleted the extra points that were given to me. (35ish to -9) but left your negative rating which left me at 15 or 17. WHich is why I didn't think it was any big deal. Like I said, you are more than welcome to give me negative rep points, but I felt the part that was unfair was dropping me from 35ish to -9. That can't happen with just 1 person giving negative points, and at that time you were the only person that gave me a negative rep.
I hear what you're saying in terms of deleting negative comments, but I just don't understand how I can go from 35ish to -9 to 15-17ish.
Like I said, judging by your comments, I feel you were not doing this on purpose, but somehow you did accidentally drop me by half back then.

I agree with you about rep points. There are a few here with 1 box that are quality posters, and there are few here (1 in particular) that has multiple boxes when they should be in the red, or have very few positive ratings. I never liked this system, and I would vote against it if the issue was ever brought up.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #328
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Let's be clear, he's the one that originally said he beat his dogs. Beating is a pretty harsh word to me that that's why I asked if he really did that. If he had said discipline I wouldn't even have thought twice.
That was the 1 and only time I used that word. Maybe I chose the wrong word there, but I figured I built up a comment base that someone wouldn't take that word so personally.
such as:
Quote:
I disagree 100%.
Look at a dog. If he pees on the carpet and you let it go, he will continue to do so. If you shove his nose in it, spank him and throw him outside, he eventually learns not to do it.
If you cut the hand off a person that steals, and others watch it, do you seriously think that won't deter others from stealing? I certainly do. Punishment absolutely prevents issues if the punishment is severe enough.
So I apologize for using the word "beating" one time. Given the arguments in the past about how I am an animal lover and give more money to animal related charities than human related, I figured it wouldn't be taken out of context.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #329
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,656
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
What exactly is a power trip?

Again, let's be specific and not just toss around loose accusations.
Ok I would say at times that you guys bully up on people if their ideas don't match yours.

Playing games with the rep points as Jsanro has been saying.

Changing people's quotes at the bottom of their post (this has happen to me) as retaliation, to say something stupid about the person.

Again this is all my PERCEPTION, doesn't mean it is reality and I for the most part enjoy this site.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #330
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,240
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok I would say at times that you guys bully up on people if their ideas don't match yours.

Playing games with the rep points as Jsanro has been saying.

Changing people's quotes at the bottom of their post (this has happen to me) as retaliation, to say something stupid about the person.

Again this is all my PERCEPTION, doesn't mean it is reality and I for the most part enjoy this site.
I'd say your perception is definitely not reality.

I might as well just stop posting my opinions I guess, because apparently if I disagree with someone I'm a bully.

No games were played with the rep system I think that's quite clear.

I've never touched anyone's posts/quotes/whatever to make fun of them, what exactly are you talking about?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40095 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25