Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #121
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You're in essence saying:


What an absurd and fallacious argument.
No...that's not what he's saying. He's saying there is an overraction going on. You can't use the argument that it kills people. It doesn't. People kill people.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #122
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Yes, I would
If you are asking me if I would advocate the banning of all weapons in the hands of the citizens in this country under the same scenario, I would not.
Actually, for me (and I have hunted, fished, etc. all my life) the older I get the less importance actually killing something takes on. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat our wild friends. It's more of the experience rather than the act of killing.
Possibly in your eyes, you see that as something of an atrocity. In my eyes, it's more of a harvesting issue, or something akin to it. I always feel a little guilt. Like it or not somebody has to do. We as humans have continued to encroach wild habitat. It does not go well for the animal world. They cannot all survive, if left to do so.
Something as a sidebar. Revenue generated from Hunting, and fishing licensing and associated expenses paid by outdoorsmen, and women foot the bill for the lions share of conservation efforts in this country.
PS, I find it VERY relaxing to go to the gun range for a couple of hours. Not sure why, but it has that effect on me

Thankyou Charlton Heston
We have a gun range outside of town in the middle of nowhere. It's just an open area of dirt with piled dirt at around 150 yards. You can set stuff up and use it as target practice, it's actually quite fun, and very beneficial to understand how your gun works and how to tweek it's site.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #123
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,611
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
No...that's not what he's saying. He's saying there is an overraction going on. You can't use the argument that it kills people. It doesn't. People kill people.
Well, that's certainly the impression I got from Hog's quote. Further, I think Saden's sentiment is correct.

Saden's point (I think) is that, even though the use of each can result in death (as correctly asserted by Hog), guns, alchohol and planes pose different problems for and different types of the threats to public safety and to assert (as Hog does) that the possible solution for the threat/problem posed by guns is equally applicable to the different threats/problems posed by planes or alchohol - is illogical.

Fact is, because of the inherent danger presented by the use and/or availability of guns, they should be heavily regulated just like any other inherently dangerous machines/objects/devices.

Last I checked the private use of airplanes is heavily regulated (FAA anybody) - Can't fly a plane through the middle of town, can you? Same with alchohol - Can't buy alchohol unless your of a certain age. can you? Given the danger presented by guns, it seems perfectly reasonable for the public to expect, just as with planes and alchohol, that limitations be placed on who can have them and restrictions exist as to the public places you can carry them.

As I said before, people kill people - guns just make it easier to do so. For that reason, their use and availability should be subject to strict regulation AND unlawful ownership or their misuse of them should be severely punished.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
LOL outnumbered in the streets? Where do you live? Gotham?
Not too suck up, but that's the funniest thing I've read today.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #125
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,057
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You're in essence saying:


What an absurd and fallacious argument.
It is pure fantasy, and fallacy, regarding my alleged absurd, and fallacious arguement.
HOWEVER, I think your outrage blinded you to the larger message. Inanimate objects are not evil, and they don't kill people. That is what people do. Until something changes with...........people, People will always find a...........weapon to kill with
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #126
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,057
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
We have a gun range outside of town in the middle of nowhere. It's just an open area of dirt with piled dirt at around 150 yards. You can set stuff up and use it as target practice, it's actually quite fun, and very beneficial to understand how your gun works and how to tweek it's site.
We had the same thing in an area just South of I-75 (Alligator Alley) on the West side just out of Naples, that was not regulated by anyone(really). It was part of a govt project that stalled. Sort of like no-mans land. I must say, the first time I went, I thought it would be a bunch of drunken toothless locals, shootin' up the area on the bad side of a case of Busch. It was very civil and in general good safe range practices observed. A you say you could do what you wanted within reason. Naturally, it no longer exists as of a year ago. I am now relegated to the "pay" ranges.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #127
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
We had the same thing in an area just South of I-75 (Alligator Alley) on the West side just out of Naples, that was not regulated by anyone(really). It was part of a govt project that stalled. Sort of like no-mans land. I must say, the first time I went, I thought it would be a bunch of drunken toothless locals, shootin' up the area on the bad side of a case of Busch. It was very civil and in general good safe range practices observed. A you say you could do what you wanted within reason. Naturally, it no longer exists as of a year ago. I am now relegated to the "pay" ranges.
I think I went there about 4 or 5 years ago. My best friend lives in Fort Myers, and I travel there at least once a year. He's an avid gun collector.
I remember him getting pissed about something closing and he could no longer just take his guns outside.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #128
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
It is pure fantasy, and fallacy, regarding my alleged absurd, and fallacious arguement.
HOWEVER, I think your outrage blinded you to the larger message. Inanimate objects are not evil, and they don't kill people. That is what people do. Until something changes with...........people, People will always find a...........weapon to kill with
Very true...so instead of blaming the object, why not blame the person and create stiffer penalties for people that abuse them?
For instance, drunk driving...those are some of the most leinant laws in the country, yet they are a driving around in a killing machine. Most of the time, a 1 time offender gets a slap on the wrist.
We need more jails, and we can afford to build and maintain them...we need to go back to chain gangs etc, and we need to make people pay for their mistakes.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #129
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,057
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I think I went there about 4 or 5 years ago. My best friend lives in Fort Myers, and I travel there at least once a year. He's an avid gun collector.
I remember him getting pissed about something closing and he could no longer just take his guns outside.
If it was just off Everglades Blvd, that's it
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #130
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well, that's certainly the impression I got from Hog's quote. Further, I think Saden's sentiment is correct.

Saden's point (I think) is that, even though the use of each can result in death (as correctly asserted by Hog), guns, alchohol and planes pose different problems for and different types of the threats to public safety and to assert (as Hog does) that the possible solution for the threat/problem posed by guns is equally applicable to the different threats/problems posed by planes or alchohol - is illogical.

Fact is, because of the inherent danger presented by the use and/or availability of guns, they should be heavily regulated just like any other inherently dangerous machines/objects/devices.

Last I checked the private use of airplanes is heavily regulated (FAA anybody) - Can't fly a plane through the middle of town, can you? Same with alchohol - Can't buy alchohol unless your of a certain age. can you? Given the danger presented by guns, it seems perfectly reasonable for the public to expect, just as with planes and alchohol, that limitations be placed on who can have them and restrictions exist as to the public places you can carry them.

As I said before, people kill people - guns just make it easier to do so. For that reason, their use and availability should be subject to strict regulation AND unlawful ownership or their misuse of them should be severely punished.
While you make valid arguments, and I respect your view, alcohol is worse than guns. It kills and hurts more people than guns do well more than triple fold. The ONLY restriction on alcohol is to be 21. I forget what the age is for guns, but it's at least 18...maybe 21 too.
There are likely just as many if not more stabbings in america as gun related issues. Does this mean we should regulate the knives too? A 5 year old can by a set of steak knives.
Point is, anything can kill or hurt someone. I can throw a rock at your head and hurt or kill you. You don't blame the object, you blame the person. We have become a society that points the finger at anything and everything, when we need to hold each other accountable. I am for MUCH stricter penalties and like I said before, there needs to be waaaay more jails to teach people a lesson.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #131
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
If it was just off Everglades Blvd, that's it
I don't remember exactly where it was...but I knew it was near aligator alley, so it had to be it.
I love that area. It's very pretty, and relaxing. Even when I got caught in N. Fort Myers when hurricane Charlie hit, I still enjoyed my time there.
Real Estate has gotten out of hand though.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #132
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,057
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Very true...so instead of blaming the object, why not blame the person and create stiffer penalties for people that abuse them?
For instance, drunk driving...those are some of the most leinant laws in the country, yet they are a driving around in a killing machine. Most of the time, a 1 time offender gets a slap on the wrist.
We need more jails, and we can afford to build and maintain them...we need to go back to chain gangs etc, and we need to make people pay for their mistakes.
This guy knows......

Arizona Sheriff Uses Soldiers' Sacrifices to Rebuke Inmate Complaints - BreakTheChain.org

FOXNews.com - Arizona Sheriff Uses Anti-Smuggling Law to Target Illegal Immigrants - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #133
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control


NIIIICE, we need to vote him in for President!!! It's nice to know there are still people in the world that teach consequences to actions.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #134
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,057
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

If you check him out, he gets crucified in the press for enforcing living conditons to prisoners that our troops would love to have. Only in America....go figure
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #135
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Building jails and prisons is not that easy. People don't want to pay for them. Guilford County (where I work) has been told repeatedly by the State that we have to reduce overcrowding and need to build a new jail in Greensboro. However, our dumbass democratic commissioners have dug their heels in and they contend we simply need more "programs" in order to reduce overcrowding. It's all politics with them and it will most likely take one of our officers getting killed before someone will realize the seriousness of the situation.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39700 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25