Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #151
Camp Scrub
 
TheLastDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
We're not the ones trying to change the Constitution to fit our world views. Last time I checked it is you conservatives that are proposing consititional amendments because the Constitution doesn't allow you to win in the courts. Here's a quick list of amendments championed by conservatives as an addendum to our beloved part-time-sacred-document:
  • The Flag Desecration Amendment
  • Balanced budget Amendment
  • Supermajority to raise taxes
  • “Parental rights” Amendment – the right of parents to “raise their children as they see fit, introduced last year by Jim DeMint and Peter Hoekstra.
  • Human life Amendment, banning abortion
  • The Federal Marriage Amendment, banning gay marriage
  • Believing that the DC Voting Rights Act was unconstitutional, Lisa Murkowski proposed an Amendment giving the District a single voting representative.
  • Last year, Jim DeMint introduced a term limits Amendment (3 terms in the House, 2 in the Senate).
  • Allowing state-endorsed prayer in public schools.
  • Scraping birth right citizenship from the 14th Amendment.
  • Scraping the 17th Amendment and the ability of voters to choose their own senators.
  • Repealing and "restoring" the 13th Amendment

The really sad part is that your representatives don't think you numskulls realize how difficult it is to change the Constitution so they toy with you. You have to change hearts and minds before you go after the Constitution. Don't get it twisted homie, you're the ones that don't like the Constitution. I forgive you though, it's your nature and you don't know any better.
Boy oh boy, you REALLY don't understand how the US is setup at all. Do you? Of course they are trying to add amendments. This is what you are supposed to do! What you are NOT supposed to do is take an amendment that CLEARLY has nothing to do with an issue and twist it into something to support your twisted views. If you want your views made into law then make an amendment. Speaking of winning hearts and minds, why don't you try doing that instead of hijacking the courts? I think every single vote on gay marriage in this country has been against gays getting married. You guys can't even get a state's people to see eye to eye with you. Not even in California, home of the gay capital of the US!
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #152
Camp Scrub
 
TheLastDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Just out of curiosity are you even a Redskins fan or did you find this thread on Google?
Hail to the Redskins!
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #153
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,710
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
Hail to the Redskins!
Lol, sorry. You're entitled to your views but a Prop 8 thread seems like an odd place to start on a place like this.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #154
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
Boy oh boy, you REALLY don't understand how the US is setup at all. Do you? Of course they are trying to add amendments. This is what you are supposed to do! What you are NOT supposed to do is take an amendment that CLEARLY has nothing to do with an issue and twist it into something to support your twisted views. If you want your views made into law then make an amendment. Speaking of winning hearts and minds, why don't you try doing that instead of hijacking the courts? I think every single vote on gay marriage in this country has been against gays getting married. You guys can't even get a state's people to see eye to eye with you. Not even in California, home of the gay capital of the US!
You're the one talking about how "[we] twist the constitution to fit [our] perverted view of America." We work within the Constitution....you should f'ing try it sometime instead of pretending the Constitution is explicit when you think it. We work within the framework because we realize passing a constitutional amendment to accommodate every little thing is futile and retarded.

And every state in the south passed jim crow laws but that doesn't make it right. You keep digging buddy, you might hit pay dirt and dig all the way to the 17th century someday.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #155
Camp Scrub
 
TheLastDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Lol, sorry. You're entitled to your views but a Prop 8 thread seems like an odd place to start on a place like this.
I know Saden1, personally. He directed me to this thread since we were discussing the judge's decision in SF today. That's why I started here.
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #156
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,710
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
I know Saden1, personally. He directed me to this thread since we were discussing the judge's decision in SF today. That's why I started here.
Ha ha, oh man thats rich. The last person I would expect you to know personally around here would be Saden. I guess opposites...crap I need a different word considering the topic of this thread. So are you the conservative answer to Saden around here, because I think there's a huge opening at resident conservative.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #157
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
I know Saden1, personally. He directed me to this thread since we were discussing the judge's decision in SF today. That's why I started here.
What can I say? I called it two years ago.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #158
Camp Scrub
 
TheLastDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Ha ha, oh man thats rich. The last person I would expect you to know personally around here would be Saden. I guess opposites...crap I need a different word considering the topic of this thread. So are you the conservative answer to Saden around here, because I think there's a huge opening at resident conservative.
I would say I am the voice of common sense which is an exact opposite of Saden.
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #159
Camp Scrub
 
TheLastDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What can I say? I called it two years ago.
Gee, big surprise when the case is before a gay judge in San Fran...lol. You really know how to predict things!
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #160
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
Gee, big surprise when the case is before a gay judge in San Fran...lol. You really know how to predict things!
I am willing to bet they win in the supreme court too.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #161
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Gay Marriage = Turkey Bacon = Non Alcoholic Beer

You can call it whatever you want, but it ain't the real thing.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #162
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
I would say I am the voice of common sense which is an exact opposite of Saden.
Oh that's rich.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #163
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Just out of curiosity are you even a Redskins fan or did you find this thread on Google?
a district court ruled prop 8 unconstitutional very recently.. appeals sure to follow
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #164
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Gay Marriage = Turkey Bacon = Non Alcoholic Beer

You can call it whatever you want, but it ain't the real thing.
biblical view of love and unity = Disney = chick flicks

you can call it whatever you want but it ain't rational or realistic
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #165
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,380
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
I would say I am the voice of common sense which is an exact opposite of Saden.
I like you already!
Will you be my bff?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40355 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25