Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #331
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,829
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I personally don't really care if gays get married or not but if I had to vote on the issue I would have to really take a close look at the pros & cons. We also have to remember the government does not ban gays from getting married they just don't recognize their marriage through the state. I have a gay cousin and a few friends that are gay. One actually says he has found god and is no longer gay so I guess in his case it was a choice. I have always felt that 50% of gays are born that way and the other 50% choose the life style for one reason or the other.

Sometimes I think your world is no bigger then a broom closet. This has to be one of your top 5 dumbest post.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #332
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
What I find so ironic is that so many members of the "small government" crowd think the government should decide whether people are afforded fundamental rights on the basis of their sexual preferences.

Also, big ups to Saden for citing Loving v. Virginia. Dude knows his history. I don't necessarily think it violates the Equal Protection clause, but it's plain wrong to deny homosexuals the right to marry.
this is what i have problems understanding as well.

members of the "small gov't" want very limited federal gov't and to be allowed to live how they and their local community wishes, i.e. laws and regs on intimate and personal issues should be left to the individual person or their local voted-for representative.

yet when it comes to gay marriages and abortions (2 issues representing the core of what I consider intimate and personal choices), the "small gov't" people in texas want communities in california to abide by their own preferences on issues such as abortion or gay rights.

i agree to an extent with the small gov't group. imo arlington va representatives are much more closely in-tune and aware of their towns wishes and needs more than the president of the US. so if a town in texas wants to ban gay marriages, so be it. if a town wants to allow gay marriage, so be it.

thats why we have salt lake city and las vegas.

some good discussion going on here fellas. this has to be some of the most intelligent discussion ever had between football fans on a football fan forum.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #333
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,829
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
this is what i have problems understanding as well.

members of the "small gov't" want very limited federal gov't and to be allowed to live how they and their local community wishes, i.e. laws and regs on intimate and personal issues should be left to the individual person or their local voted-for representative.

yet when it comes to gay marriages and abortions (2 issues representing the core of what I consider intimate and personal choices), the "small gov't" people in texas want communities in california to abide by their own preferences on issues such as abortion or gay rights.

i agree to an extent with the small gov't group. imo arlington va representatives are much more closely in-tune and aware of their towns wishes and needs more than the president of the US. so if a town in texas wants to ban gay marriages, so be it. if a town wants to allow gay marriage, so be it.

thats why we have salt lake city and las vegas.

some good discussion going on here fellas. this has to be some of the most intelligent discussion ever had between football fans on a football fan forum.
Nice reply to a two year old post. For a second I thought SGG was back.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #334
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,786
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sometimes I think your world is no bigger then a broom closet. This has to be one of your top 5 dumbest post.
I actually found firstdowns post more open minded than most. He could've taken the TTE route and thought gays should be destroyed. :P Not saying first right, but just saying he could've been way way more obtuse (everyones favorite word!) So I gotta give firstdown some kudos. A bit misguided, but kudos nevertheless.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #335
Karma Chameleon
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,101
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #336
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,573
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

^it was fun listening to Fox news tip toe around that issue. They do that hypocrite dance so well
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #337
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,829
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I actually found firstdowns post more open minded than most. He could've taken the TTE route and thought gays should be destroyed. :P Not saying first right, but just saying he could've been way way more obtuse (everyones favorite word!) So I gotta give firstdown some kudos. A bit misguided, but kudos nevertheless.

For the most part I find him humorous but his comments about gays wanting to be gay is just plain retard.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #338
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sometimes I think your world is no bigger then a broom closet. This has to be one of your top 5 dumbest post.
Sounds like you need to come out of the closet. We know you want to.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #339
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Oooohhhhh burn!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #340
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,829
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sounds like you need to come out of the closet. We know you want to.

pas de touche..
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #341
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
LOL nice
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #342
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Steve Young's family up against Mormon church on Prop. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I actually found firstdowns post more open minded than most. He could've taken the TTE route and thought gays should be destroyed. :P Not saying first right, but just saying he could've been way way more obtuse (everyones favorite word!) So I gotta give firstdown some kudos. A bit misguided, but kudos nevertheless.
So you can read minds now? I don't need to think gays should be destroyed. Their effed up lifestyle, crystal meth, and HIV destroys them regardless of what I think. I lived and worked in San Francisco and in the East Bay. I watched them destroy themselves. It gave me no pleasure in doing so, but pity is for the weak. It's a hard ball world and not everyone has compassion for self-inflicted wounds.

Born a boy, but fighting for death benefits as widow - Washington Times
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29226 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25