Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,011
OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Spend multiple mil to close, and another for the new one........
Senators reject closing Gitmo prison without plan - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Is it such a great idea to close Gitmo?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďGod made certain people to play football. He was one of them.Ē Ė Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Yes, it should be closed. There are communities in America willing to take these guys because it would create jobs and boost their economy. I mean, these guys are stilling going to be in prison not roaming the community...why wouldn't you want them if you live in a depressed community?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Yes, it should be closed. There are communities in America willing to take these guys because it would create jobs and boost their economy. I mean, these guys are stilling going to be in prison not roaming the community...why wouldn't you want them if you live in a depressed community?
Yes, but the government would have to purchase it and be run by it due to the fact that Montana prohibits out of state prisoners.

Unless Montana changes their law, that nice new facility will be empty for a while. I find that to be odd cause many people have complained there is not enough jails...well, here is an empty one to use...use it. But it's not up to me I guess.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Spend multiple mil to close, and another for the new one........
Senators reject closing Gitmo prison without plan - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Is it such a great idea to close Gitmo?
Shouldn't Obama focus on more important things????
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
nooooooo.
lol.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

I have a better I idea, how about we shoot them and call it a day?
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post

Is it such a great idea to close Gitmo?

No not really. And I don't think bringing accused terrorists into the country to imprison them here is smart either.
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

I don't wanna get involved in this, but I have to say that the "no terrorists in my state" argument is the dumbest piece of f'ing retarded tripe I have ever heard. Do you think these people are going to rip off someone's face and escape like Hannibal Lecter? Are they going to coordinate a bombing attack on your kid's high school from solitary? You can debate both the legitimacy and efficacy of black site prisons and places like Gitmo, but the "keep em out of my town" refrain is just a phony political soundbite cooked up to appeal to knuckleheads.

For example, look at this recent dialogue between Senator Reid and a reporter:

REID: Iím saying that the United States Senate, Democrats and Republicans, do not want terrorists to be released in the United States. Thatís very clear.

QUESTION: No oneís talking about releasing them. Weíre talking about putting them in prison somewhere in the United States.

REID: Canít put them in prison unless you release them.

QUESTION: Sir, are you going to clarify that a little bit? Ö

REID: I canít make it any more clear than the statement I have given to you. We will never allow terrorists to be released in the United States.

QUESTION: But Senator, Senator, itís not that youíre not being clear when you say you donít want them released. But could you say ó would you be all right with them being transferred to an American prison?

REID: Not in the United States.

Am I missing something here? What is wrong with people!?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 41
Posts: 5,303
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I don't wanna get involved in this, but I have to say that the "no terrorists in my state" argument is the dumbest piece of f'ing retarded tripe I have ever heard. Do you think these people are going to rip off someone's face and escape like Hannibal Lecter? Are they going to coordinate a bombing attack on your kid's high school from solitary? You can debate both the legitimacy and efficacy of black site prisons and places like Gitmo, but the "keep em out of my town" refrain is just a phony political soundbite cooked up to appeal to knuckleheads.

For example, look at this recent dialogue between Senator Reid and a reporter:

REID: Iím saying that the United States Senate, Democrats and Republicans, do not want terrorists to be released in the United States. Thatís very clear.

QUESTION: No oneís talking about releasing them. Weíre talking about putting them in prison somewhere in the United States.

REID: Canít put them in prison unless you release them.

QUESTION: Sir, are you going to clarify that a little bit? Ö

REID: I canít make it any more clear than the statement I have given to you. We will never allow terrorists to be released in the United States.

QUESTION: But Senator, Senator, itís not that youíre not being clear when you say you donít want them released. But could you say ó would you be all right with them being transferred to an American prison?

REID: Not in the United States.

Am I missing something here? What is wrong with people!?
Yeah, I heard that exchange too. What does he mean by saying we can't transfer them without releasing them? Of course you can. As far as state laws denying out of state prisoners, what about federal prisons? How can a state tell the federal government what prisoners it can and cannot allow in a federal prison?

I never quite understood how this all got started anyway. What was wrong with Guantanamo Bay to begin with? Apart from the alleged prisoner abuse? Just because someone gets smacked around by some guards at a jail doesn't mean the jail should be closed down.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
Missin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 173
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post

Am I missing something here? What is wrong with people!?

Maybe. I'm not sure I understand the exchange with the senator or why he believes they will be released to be brought to an American prison.

However, the way I see it that there have been countless gang members, drug lords, & mafiosi that have been put in some of our "top notch" prisons (I believe they consider Pelican Bay as one of the best) & yet they still are able to run things from there. John Gotti had to be placed in the highest maximum security prison in the country in solitary confinement because of how much power he wielded. Many top criminals GAIN power from prison, not lose it.

Why someone would think that putting people accused of trying to commit terrorist acts against America in American prisons wouldn't be a bad idea is beyond me. We don't live in a perfect society & not one law put in place today is useful to or for everyone. But keeping people OUT of the country that would like to kill every last one of us (yes, even those who would like to liberate these jerks, they would like to kill them as well~we are ALL infidels & enemies to them...period) seems like a better idea then imprisoning them here where they would more then likely strengthen, rather then rot. There are far too many examples of this happening with criminals with less notoriety in our prisons today & in the past.

Putting them in American prisons is asking for trouble we don't want or need. And regardless, I don't think rolling the dice with our safety like that is smart at all. JMO
Missin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yeah, I heard that exchange too. What does he mean by saying we can't transfer them without releasing them? Of course you can. As far as state laws denying out of state prisoners, what about federal prisons? How can a state tell the federal government what prisoners it can and cannot allow in a federal prison?

I never quite understood how this all got started anyway. What was wrong with Guantanamo Bay to begin with? Apart from the alleged prisoner abuse? Just because someone gets smacked around by some guards at a jail doesn't mean the jail should be closed down.
Yea I don't get that either. If you don't want any more torture, just stop doing it. Why do you have to close the prison down altogether just because of what happened in the past. If nobody wants them in the U.S., just leave them in Guantanamo and give them a trial.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Perhaps we can outsource Gitmo to Siberia?
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I don't wanna get involved in this, but I have to say that the "no terrorists in my state" argument is the dumbest piece of f'ing retarded tripe I have ever heard. Do you think these people are going to rip off someone's face and escape like Hannibal Lecter? Are they going to coordinate a bombing attack on your kid's high school from solitary? You can debate both the legitimacy and efficacy of black site prisons and places like Gitmo, but the "keep em out of my town" refrain is just a phony political soundbite cooked up to appeal to knuckleheads.

For example, look at this recent dialogue between Senator Reid and a reporter:

REID: I’m saying that the United States Senate, Democrats and Republicans, do not want terrorists to be released in the United States. That’s very clear.

QUESTION: No one’s talking about releasing them. We’re talking about putting them in prison somewhere in the United States.

REID: Can’t put them in prison unless you release them.

QUESTION: Sir, are you going to clarify that a little bit? …

REID: I can’t make it any more clear than the statement I have given to you. We will never allow terrorists to be released in the United States.

QUESTION: But Senator, Senator, it’s not that you’re not being clear when you say you don’t want them released. But could you say — would you be all right with them being transferred to an American prison?

REID: Not in the United States.

Am I missing something here? What is wrong with people!?
Reid is a moron. Just like Pelosi and Biden. Think before you speak, people.

Sen. Reid botches 3 subjects at news conference

Closing Gitmo is an awful, awful idea. When we let these guys go, they go right back to their terrorist ways.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 05-20-2009 at 10:26 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,011
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Gitmo lives........
Obama restarts Guantanamo trials - Yahoo! News
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďGod made certain people to play football. He was one of them.Ē Ė Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #15
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,755
Re: OH NO! Where will Gitmo go?

Cracks me up on how much the chosen one squawked about closing Gitmo as a campaign promise and here we are years later and nothing has changed.
He's still wet behind the ears.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34624 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25