Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Obama Care

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #901
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Like that means anything to me anymore. I'm a citizen of the world now. You get to take care of me rich yankee. Sorry, I don't know how to say that in Espanol.
Just making it official.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #902
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Oh for a second I thought you said you were dating Barney Frank.
Great comeback. :yeahright
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #903
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If that happens, there is a cure for that: it's called the "public option."
You really do not understand how insurance works. If the ins. companies have to raise their rates then what the goverment provides will have the same problems. Just look at the fine example in Massachusetts health care problems when they did the exact same thing as Obama just did. Their goverment option is costing more then the private plans but I guess we should keep ignoring this great example as its to late now anyways. We can have this conversation when the rates jump because it will be headline news.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #904
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,423
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Actually liberals that I know threatened to move to Canada because it has a rational health care system.
Utopian expectation. I had a fungal infection in my nose that was eroding my skull. I got surgery from one of the two best doctors for my condition in the country scheduled a week out (meaning it was one week between when I asked for the surgery to be scheduled and the actual operation). Two surgeries and 12 hours in the operating room later the danger was gone (It was estimated that in 10 years I could have easily died from brain abcess). It then took two years of follow ups and another surgery to truly clear the infection. I never wourld have gotten such treatment in Canada.

In fact I remember seeing a story about a girl who kept having blackouts that prevented her from even leaving her house and yet she had to wait something like 4 months just to get an MRI. Never mind brain surgery, but a freaking MRI.

You want an idea of health care in Canada then look no further then how canadians themselves have portrayed it in the past.

Start around 1:28
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #905
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,380
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Utopian expectation. I had a fungal infection in my nose that was eroding my skull. I got surgery from one of the two best doctors for my condition in the country scheduled a week out (meaning it was one week between when I asked for the surgery to be scheduled and the actual operation). Two surgeries and 12 hours in the operating room later the danger was gone (It was estimated that in 10 years I could have easily died from brain abcess). It then took two years of follow ups and another surgery to truly clear the infection. I never wourld have gotten such treatment in Canada.

In fact I remember seeing a story about a girl who kept having blackouts that prevented her from even leaving her house and yet she had to wait something like 4 months just to get an MRI. Never mind brain surgery, but a freaking MRI.

You want an idea of health care in Canada then look no further then how canadians themselves have portrayed it in the past.

Start around 1:28
Canadian Health Care In Crisis - CBS News. I heard Peter Jennings tell how his mother who is Canadien had to wait for 3 weeks to get an MRI after hurting her back , she had herniated / ruptured disks in her back . Bet that was a freakin long three weeks !
budw38 is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #906
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Even Canada's own leaders come here for heart surgery.


ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -- Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams will undergo heart surgery later this week in the United States.

Deputy premier Kathy Dunderdale confirmed the treatment at a news conference Tuesday, but would not reveal the location of the operation or how it would be paid for.

"He has gone to a renowned expert in the procedure that he needs to have done," said Ms. Dunderdale, who will become acting premier while Mr. Williams is away for three to 12 weeks.

"In consultation with his own doctors, he's decided to go that route."



Read more: N.L. Premier Williams set to have heart surgery in U.S.
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #907
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Obama Care

^ I have quite a few friends from Canada who tell me that they've never had to wait for any procedure, no matter how exotic, and have always gotten great health care. The only thing that they complain about is the parking rate they have to pay near the hospital.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #908
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Actually liberals that I know threatened to move to Canada because it has a rational health care system.
Even the left here say they ration care.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #909
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,434
Re: Obama Care

Canada might not be perfect but their system still trumps ours.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #910
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Obama Care

Every health care system in the world has issues and there is anecdotal evidence for just about each one showing it's failures. Likewise, there is also plenty of anecdotal evidence in support of most of them.

In 10 years we will know if the system enacted this week delivers on its promises. Personally, I predict that in about 5 years, quality of care wiill decrease for the vast majority of Americans while their costs increase. Further, we will still be getting horror stories of inadequate care or unaffordable services. Not the same type as today, but horror stories still the same.

But "Yay!!" We have universal health care.

My advice: Start a health insurace company. Plan for 5-6 years of boom profits as mandated insurance provides a huge new customer base. After that, as costs skyrocket due to Dr. shortages, malpractice costs, and skewed market forces, plan on a two year wind down by increasing premiums to drive your customer base into the public option. Under most state regulations, your mandated reserves will carry you through a year or two for winding down. It's a short term plan, but properly played worth a few million. Good luck!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #911
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Every health care system in the world has issues and there is anecdotal evidence for just about each one showing it's failures. Likewise, there is also plenty of anecdotal evidence in support of most of them.

In 10 years we will know if the system enacted this week delivers on its promises. Personally, I predict that in about 5 years, quality of care wiill decrease for the vast majority of Americans while their costs increase. Further, we will still be getting horror stories of inadequate care or unaffordable services. Not the same type as today, but horror stories still the same.

But "Yay!!" We have universal health care.

My advice: Start a health insurace company. Plan for 5-6 years of boom profits as mandated insurance provides a huge new customer base. After that, as costs skyrocket due to Dr. shortages, malpractice costs, and skewed market forces, plan on a two year wind down by increasing premiums to drive your customer base into the public option. Under most state regulations, your mandated reserves will carry you through a year or two for winding down. It's a short term plan, but properly played worth a few million. Good luck!


Tell me more.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #912
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just making it official.
What's in it for me?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #913
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Know they will not hit until around January when most businesses are up for renewal as they cannot raise rates until renewals. Its just common sense and everytime you hear the word mandate it means increased cost. You think all those things they have changed are free and will not drive up cost. I'm not saying if they are wrong or right just that they are going to increase cost.
Actually, for the first few years, it's going to look like a great system as lots of healthy people are forced to purchase coverage. It's only several years down the road, as cost increase in both cost per procedure and amount of people demanding procedures increase that premiums will increase.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #914
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Obama Care

Also, have an expensive procedure that you are putting off? Don't. Plan your life so that you can get all the benefits out of your coverage over the next 3-5 years. If your current insurance covers it, get it. See what type, if any, of elective surgeries are covered. Want them? Get them in teh next 2-3 years.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #915
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Obama Care

I was unaware that there would not still be private care and insurance.
tryfuhl is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32228 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25