Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Obama Care

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #961
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
That's pathetic, and those narrow minded and ignorant protesters give a bad name to those against this health care bill.

However, unlike social security and medicare, the people were fiercely divided over this issue, and at the time of it's passage the approval ratings of Congress and Obama are at all time lows.

Classic democrat move- we don't care what you think, we know what's best.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #962
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

[quote=12thMan;677952]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats the I'm a looser clause in the bill because full time students can allready stay covered under their parents policy until they are out of school. So these are probably the kids who are not going to school and are not working because if they had a job their employer would have to pay for their health coverage and play mommy and dady. Just think of those anti drug comercials and the mom yelling up for the guy to get a job while he is smoking a joint in his bed room.[/QUOTE/

Well it's not that cut and dry. This is one of the largest segments of uninsured in the country right now. I believe it's about a third; that's a lot of people. In fact, many of these kids are working full time jobs, they just can't freaking afford health insurance. Especially the ones who have recently graduated from college. Currently the age limit will vary from state to state, but for most states the cut-off is 18/19 yrs old.

So this provision will take a huge chunk of the uninsured that show up in emergency rooms or that need medical care and provide them coverage almost immediately.
Getting kicked off the parents policy at 18 to 19 is if they are not full time students. Premiums for a 19 yr old range from $50 to $140 depending on the type of policy they purchase. They sure seem to be able to afford cell phones which would by them a policy. I'd say most are like I was back when I was younger and feel they don't need health ins. because they don't have health issues.

I have a sales person who sells supplemental ins policies to employees of different businesses (think Aflack the duck but our product is better and cheaper). She will tell me right up front if its a business where most employees are under age 30 don't waist our time because they just don't buy these products. She then explains that most if they have the choice to either pocket the money or have the employer provide health ins. a large % put the money in their pocket. She has 25 yrs in the supplimental and health ins. field working on the front line so she knows what she is talking about. Yes there are some who just cannot afford it but that % is low.

Now that I think about it when my oldest was born back in 1985 I had no health ins and paid the doctors and hospital in cash/check. I had it all paid $2,000 before she was born but my X need a C section which cost another $2,000 which I paid the hospital in payments.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #963
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,005
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That's pathetic, and those narrow minded and ignorant protesters give a bad name to those against this health care bill.

However, unlike social security and medicare, the people were fiercely divided over this issue, and at the time of it's passage the approval ratings of Congress and Obama are at all time lows.

Classic democrat move- we don't care what you think, we know what's best.
Let's be honest, whichever party is in control pushes their agenda down our throats, W and his crew mastered that move too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #964
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's be honest, whichever party is in control pushes their agenda down our throats, W and his crew mastered that move too.
They did? What in particular?
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #965
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

[quote=mredskins;677984]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post


Why should anyone have to take that gamble? If you lose you jeopardize having a family, things to lose, etc... because you are so buried in debit.
So I'd like to set an appintment for you in my office so I can sell you maybe 7 to 10 different policies so you don't take any gambles in your ins needs. My point is everyone takes gambles of some kind when it comes to ins protection. Maybe the goverment should now provide dental, life ins. long term care, disability, retiment account, etc... because we dont want anyone to take any risk. Man I just wished everyone was like you and purchased every type of ins. Oh, I forgot cancer coverage, or how about gap ins, and lets not forget mortgage protection. Please bring your check book when you come because this will get pretty expensive nad you might want to take out a second job.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #966
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
They did? What in particular?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!


Tax Cuts (the creation of the biggests deficit ever)
joethiesmanfan is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #967
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How come with all the cameras and news media around DC did no one catch any of this on film? Not saying it didn't happen I just find it strange. If it did happen those are the people that we don't need period.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #968
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,005
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
They did? What in particular?
Oh I don't know things like the war, the Patriot Act, tax cuts, cutting off stem cell research...
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #969
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Obama Care

Tax Cuts!!!! Following their philosophy without using common sense. I see stuff like this all the time being form South Carolina. You can repeat no taxes no taxes no taxes. Then get mad when you get embarassed on national TV for not fulfilling your true job as a public servant and that is to serve the freaking public interests. You will get a Republican elected everytime in South Carolina, but can you get a school system that's not ranked 50th in the nation is my question. Can you get unemployment outta double digits and this was before W, is my question. Can you lower the states infant mortality rate lower than let's say North Korea? These are my questions.
joethiesmanfan is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #970
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Oh I don't know things like the war, the Patriot Act, tax cuts, cutting off stem cell research...
Just to be 100% accurate Bush cut off federal funding for stem cell research but it was 100% legal for drug companies to do the research on their dime.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #971
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,762
Re: Obama Care

[quote=firstdown;678014]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So I'd like to set an appintment for you in my office so I can sell you maybe 7 to 10 different policies so you don't take any gambles in your ins needs. My point is everyone takes gambles of some kind when it comes to ins protection. Maybe the goverment should now provide dental, life ins. long term care, disability, retiment account, etc... because we dont want anyone to take any risk. Man I just wished everyone was like you and purchased every type of ins. Oh, I forgot cancer coverage, or how about gap ins, and lets not forget mortgage protection. Please bring your check book when you come because this will get pretty expensive nad you might want to take out a second job.



Health Insurance is a necessity a lot of the other insurances you mentioned are luxuries. Do you think a baby or child should have to gamble on their health care because their parent can't find affordable health insurance?

And why the F do you care all it means to you is that you have to get rid of one of your 4 workers and the other 3 will have to pick up the slack of the .5 person worth of work left. Maybe and here is a thought you could cut into your profit or basically your paycheck from your businees and retain that person and give everyone the chance at health insurance in your office. Here are some thoughts on saving money: sell your boat, take fewer fishing trips, don't cut out early to play golf (green fees), or cut back on those business trips you keep telling the govt. you are going on.

In reality the 4th person that you need to layoff should be on here bitching not you, they are the ones getting kicked in the nuts.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #972
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Oh I don't know things like the war, the Patriot Act, tax cuts, cutting off stem cell research...
Not to veer too far off course here but most of these were passed with bi-partisan approval:

Iraq War Resolution passed House 297-133 (82 Dems voted Yes), Senate 77-23 (29 Dems voted Yes)

The Patriot Act passed by wide margins in both House & Senate. In 2005 it was Re-Authorized by the House 257-171 and the Seante 89-10

The 2001 tax cuts we passed with bi-partisan support. 2003 was close to party line vote (no reconciliation though).

Stem Cell Research was vetoed twice (Bush only vetoed four bills total). Here's the letter he sent to the Senate:
Message to the Senate of the United States

Let's not compare what Bush did in office to what Obama is doing. Bush did more for many liberal causes and expansion of government than Bill Clinton ever did. Bush 1 and Reagan both worked across the aisle.

Obama and the left in Congress are pushing through legislation that 60% of the country is vehemently against.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #973
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

[quote=mredskins;678027]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post




Health Insurance is a necessity a lot of the other insurances you mentioned are luxuries. Do you think a baby or child should have to gamble on their health care because their parent can't find affordable health insurance?

And why the F do you care all it means to you is that you have to get rid of one of your 4 workers and the other 3 will have to pick up the slack of the .5 person worth of work left. Maybe and here is a thought you could cut into your profit or basically your paycheck from your businees and retain that person and give everyone the chance at health insurance in your office. Here are some thoughts on saving money: sell your boat, take fewer fishing trips, don't cut out early to play golf (green fees), or cut back on those business trips you keep telling the govt. you are going on.

In reality the 4th person that you need to layoff should be on here bitching not you, they are the ones getting kicked in the nuts.
You really seem to take account of everyting I post. Thank You.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #974
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Not to veer too far off course here but most of these were passed with bi-partisan approval:

Iraq War Resolution passed House 297-133 (82 Dems voted Yes), Senate 77-23 (29 Dems voted Yes)

The Patriot Act passed by wide margins in both House & Senate. In 2005 it was Re-Authorized by the House 257-171 and the Seante 89-10

The 2001 tax cuts we passed with bi-partisan support. 2003 was close to party line vote (no reconciliation though).

Stem Cell Research was vetoed twice (Bush only vetoed four bills total). Here's the letter he sent to the Senate:
Message to the Senate of the United States

Let's not compare what Bush did in office to what Obama is doing. Bush did more for many liberal causes and expansion of government than Bill Clinton ever did. Bush 1 and Reagan both worked across the aisle.

Obama and the left in Congress are pushing through legislation that 60% of the country is vehemently against.

Umm, the current crop of Republicans in Congress, ummm that dog don't hunt.
joethiesmanfan is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #975
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Obama Care

[quote=mredskins;678027]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Health Insurance is a necessity a lot of the other insurances you mentioned are luxuries. Do you think a baby or child should have to gamble on their health care because their parent can't find affordable health insurance?

And why the F do you care all it means to you is that you have to get rid of one of your 4 workers and the other 3 will have to pick up the slack of the .5 person worth of work left. Maybe and here is a thought you could cut into your profit or basically your paycheck from your businees and retain that person and give everyone the chance at health insurance in your office. Here are some thoughts on saving money: sell your boat, take fewer fishing trips, don't cut out early to play golf (green fees), or cut back on those business trips you keep telling the govt. you are going on.

In reality the 4th person that you need to layoff should be on here bitching not you, they are the ones getting kicked in the nuts.
I don't want to interrupt the back and forth with you and fd, but just wanted to share a couple of things to think about.

1) There are already state programs in place to provide health insurance for children (SCHIP). No new gov't program is needed here.

2) Why should fd or anyone who owns a small business have to cut into their business profits to provide health insurance for someone? If fd choses to offer health coverage it makes it more attractive to employees to work at his company, if he choses not to, that's his choice. He should not be mandated by the government to provide health insurance coverage.

My wife and I own a small restaurant (as a side business, I have a full-time job). Due to the economic downturn, we are working several more hours per week to keep "above water". Can I go to the federal government and have a mandate that my employees have to work for less money per hour so I can cover all the expenses? Will my employees cover the rent for April? Of course not. Keep in mind the financial risk small business owners take before you suggest they just "cut profits".
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 1.18167 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25