Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Obama Care

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #1051
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Sense all you liberals are such giving people our club is having a fund raiser. 100% of all funds raised go to help hearing impaired children and if you cannot make it to the chilli cook off I'm sure your willing to donate to help the children. Chili Fest
firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #1052
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sense all you liberals are such giving people our club is having a fund raiser. 100% of all funds raised go to help hearing impaired children and if you cannot make it to the chilli cook off I'm sure your willing to donate to help the children. Chili Fest
I'd donate if given a proper donate link.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #1053
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sense all you liberals are such giving people our club is having a fund raiser. 100% of all funds raised go to help hearing impaired children and if you cannot make it to the chilli cook off I'm sure your willing to donate to help the children. Chili Fest
A chili fest on my birthday !! I have a friend who makes some fine chili , if I can get some friends together , we might come down ......... beer on tap at this event ?
budw38 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #1054
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,381
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'd donate if given a proper donate link.
Here ya go:
http://www.suffolkchilifest.com/Spon...20-%202010.pdf
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #1055
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'd donate if given a proper donate link.
The site has a link to print off a form which CRedskinsRule posted. The form is actually missing a slot for people who just want to donate any amount of money. If you want to donate something just write in an amount and you can donate in your name or how ever you want. We pride ourself in the fact that 100% of what we raise goes to the children to buy hearing aids and speech equipment. Most of the speech equipment is stuff we by that goes to the school system and we also purchase around 8 sets of hearing aids for children each year. Those things are not cheap and run around $3800 a set.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #1056
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,572
Re: Obama Care

Bah tell those kids to get a damn job, they can mow lawns or take out trash can't they?!

Got any way of taking electronic payments? I don't even have a checkbook anymore.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #1057
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
A chili fest on my birthday !! I have a friend who makes some fine chili , if I can get some friends together , we might come down ......... beer on tap at this event ?
Yes, we will have plenty of cold beer I think either $2.50 or $3.00 a cup. We also have a Corn Hole competition which for some reason the sign up sheet is not provided on the site but I can get you that info. Tickets are $5.00 per family or per person. That gets you in and a chance to go around and sample all the chilli and vote for them. We also have a live band, childrens tent with stuff for them to do, and a lrge slide for the kids. For other food which is my gig we have hot dogs or brats, chips and a drink for $4.00. We will have chilli for sale at our tent until it runs out.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #1058
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Bah tell those kids to get a damn job, they can mow lawns or take out trash can't they?!

Got any way of taking electronic payments? I don't even have a checkbook anymore.
Thats funny because I'm kind of the donation cop. Our goal is to help kids who's parents really do not have the money to buy hearing aids but people will try to get free money when they could buy them on their own. We get alot of referals from doctors working with kids who know the situation and the childs needs and we only give the checks to the equipment provider. No we do not have a way to take electronic payment. Sorry.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #1059
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thats funny because I'm kind of the donation cop. Our goal is to help kids who's parents really do not have the money to buy hearing aids but people will try to get free money when they could buy them on their own. We get alot of referals from doctors working with kids who know the situation and the childs needs and we only give the checks to the equipment provider. No we do not have a way to take electronic payment. Sorry.
Does the organization not have a bank account?

Why not use Paypal or something? Shame to not take money because nobody put in a few minutes to make it possible.
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #1060
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The site has a link to print off a form which CRedskinsRule posted. The form is actually missing a slot for people who just want to donate any amount of money. If you want to donate something just write in an amount and you can donate in your name or how ever you want. We pride ourself in the fact that 100% of what we raise goes to the children to buy hearing aids and speech equipment. Most of the speech equipment is stuff we by that goes to the school system and we also purchase around 8 sets of hearing aids for children each year. Those things are not cheap and run around $3800 a set.
If you vouch for them I'll donate and even get my company to match the donation. I called George Fischer to get the Club's EIN (Employer Identification Number) but he didn't pick-up. If you know what it is let me know cause I need that to get a match from my company.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #1061
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If you vouch for them I'll donate and even get my company to match the donation. I called George Fischer to get the Club's EIN (Employer Identification Number) but he didn't pick-up. If you know what it is let me know cause I need that to get a match from my company.
I will get that tonight at our meeting. George is out of town but our secrtary will have that.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #1062
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Does the organization not have a bank account?

Why not use Paypal or something? Shame to not take money because nobody put in a few minutes to make it possible.
Most of our donations are from companies and they write checks but no one thought about smaller donations from individuals. We talked about opening up paypal account for ticket sales but for some reason we decided not to do that. This is only our third year for this event so I'll add that to my list of things for next year. We do a golf outing also which pretty much runs itself and this event is still in its building stages so we are still learning.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #1063
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yes, we will have plenty of cold beer I think either $2.50 or $3.00 a cup. We also have a Corn Hole competition which for some reason the sign up sheet is not provided on the site but I can get you that info. Tickets are $5.00 per family or per person. That gets you in and a chance to go around and sample all the chilli and vote for them. We also have a live band, childrens tent with stuff for them to do, and a lrge slide for the kids. For other food which is my gig we have hot dogs or brats, chips and a drink for $4.00. We will have chilli for sale at our tent until it runs out.
Sounds good , I hope to be able to make it . I will be glad to help as far as a donation either way .
budw38 is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #1064
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Most of our donations are from companies and they write checks but no one thought about smaller donations from individuals. We talked about opening up paypal account for ticket sales but for some reason we decided not to do that. This is only our third year for this event so I'll add that to my list of things for next year. We do a golf outing also which pretty much runs itself and this event is still in its building stages so we are still learning.
Best wishes, if you guys need any web work done I'll help free of charge.

Open up that paypal account, it doesn't cost anything and there doesn't always need to be an event to accept money you know?
tryfuhl is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #1065
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,381
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Best wishes, if you guys need any web work done I'll help free of charge.

Open up that paypal account, it doesn't cost anything and there doesn't always need to be an event to accept money you know?
I hear Kapipal works too ask mImpetert about that one!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32588 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25