Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Obama Care

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #1321
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Why force people to buy health ins. Why not just allow health providers the right to refuse service if someone does not have coverage or money to pay their bill.
firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #1322
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Why force people to buy health ins. Why not just allow health providers the right to refuse service if someone does not have coverage or money to pay their bill.
Well, I would imagine that the whole point is that those who support this measure would respond that healthcare shouldn't be refused to anyone who needs it.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #1323
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Why force people to buy health ins. Why not just allow health providers the right to refuse service if someone does not have coverage or money to pay their bill.
so you would like the poor to not be able to get treatments? i guess all you insurance guys stick together. i say we make car insurance optional. you down with that?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #1324
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Obama Care

They probably won't review the case until next year anyway.
12thMan is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #1325
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
so you would like the poor to not be able to get treatments? i guess all you insurance guys stick together. i say we make car insurance optional. you down with that?
When I say give health providers the right to refuse services I have assumed that there is something in place for the poor. Then the people who choose not to buy coverage either have to show they can pay for services or they are out of luck.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #1326
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Why force people to buy health ins. Why not just allow health providers the right to refuse service if someone does not have coverage or money to pay their bill.

Why not force people to buy guns too:

South Dakota Lawmakers Propose Mandating Gun Ownership -- to Make Point About Health Law - FoxNews.com

oh wait:

Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia --- Crime Rate Plummets
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #1327
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Care

nothing like silly laws that waste our money to try and " prove a point" why not work on some of the real issues like unemployment?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #1328
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
nothing like silly laws that waste our money to try and " prove a point" why not work on some of the real issues like unemployment?

I thought the 1 trillion stimulas was to fix the unemployment issue. Talking about waisted money.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #1329
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,198
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
When I say give health providers the right to refuse services I have assumed that there is something in place for the poor. Then the people who choose not to buy coverage either have to show they can pay for services or they are out of luck.
IMO this bill is to provide an alternative more affordable health care option for a segment of US citizens who fall btw the crack of not being poor enough to qualify for free health care (medicaid, SS) but dont make enough money to pay the expensive priv health care options.

The poor and lazy who live off welfare or SS get medicaid free of charge.

If you make over 40k you can probably afford 200-300 a month in priv health care or your employment offers a pay-in program.

If you make 20-30k a year, you probably dont have health ins.

Im sorry, but priv health ins groups prices are out of control, they know it and the gov't knows it.

$165 a month to have a 10k deductible is rediculus. I have to incur and pay 10k in medical expenses in a year before my health ins will kick in a penny is a joke.

There is something in place for the poor who sit around and collect gov't checks. The problem is there isnt anything in place for the poor who actually work for a living. Your better off quiting your day job and living off the gov't w/ free health care, food stamps and section 8 vs working, making 9.50 an hour and hoping you dont suffer an accidental injury that would leave a 20k hospital debt hanging over you.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #1330
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
IMO this bill is to provide an alternative more affordable health care option for a segment of US citizens who fall btw the crack of not being poor enough to qualify for free health care (medicaid, SS) but dont make enough money to pay the expensive priv health care options.

The poor and lazy who live off welfare or SS get medicaid free of charge.

If you make over 40k you can probably afford 200-300 a month in priv health care or your employment offers a pay-in program.

If you make 20-30k a year, you probably dont have health ins.

Im sorry, but priv health ins groups prices are out of control, they know it and the gov't knows it.

$165 a month to have a 10k deductible is rediculus. I have to incur and pay 10k in medical expenses in a year before my health ins will kick in a penny is a joke.

There is something in place for the poor who sit around and collect gov't checks. The problem is there isnt anything in place for the poor who actually work for a living. Your better off quiting your day job and living off the gov't w/ free health care, food stamps and section 8 vs working, making 9.50 an hour and hoping you don't suffer an accidental injury that would leave a 20k hospital debt hanging over you.
Sorry this bill is the first step for the government to take over health care and lead us to a one payer system. Obama has said so himself many times but he tries to ignore his past statements. By the way if you live in the US and are over like 25 and cannot make more then 9.50 an hour then your doing something wrong or need to move. I'm talking normal times not now so much. My buddy with a high school degree has lost 3 jobs in the past 3 years and all but one paid over $20 per hour. He really does not have any marketable skills either. You also need to shop your ins.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #1331
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I thought the 1 trillion stimulas was to fix the unemployment issue. Talking about waisted money.
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but more jobs were created in 2010 alone than the entire 8 years under Bush. Got that. Google and find me one economist that says the stimulus was wasted money.

It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

/http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/10/08/its-official-more-private-sector-jobs-created-in-2010-than-during-entire-bush-years/


In terms of unemployment, it's much more complicated than pumping momey into the economy, but I think the president IS doing everything that's in his control to bring unemployment down.
12thMan is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #1332
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,321
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Google and find me one economist that says the stimulus was wasted money.
Didn't we already do this?

Allan Meltzer: Why Obamanomics Has Failed - WSJ.com

http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-w...tml#post734267 (Expose on the Tea Party Architects)

Quote:
In terms of unemployment, it's much more complicated than pumping momey into the economy, but I think the president IS doing everything that's in his control to bring unemployment down.
Absolutely not. The President's policies are stifling business expansion and job creation.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' ó Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #1333
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,393
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but more jobs were created in 2010 alone than the entire 8 years under Bush. Got that. Google and find me one economist that says the stimulus was wasted money.

Itís Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

/http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/10/08/its-official-more-private-sector-jobs-created-in-2010-than-during-entire-bush-years/


In terms of unemployment, it's much more complicated than pumping momey into the economy, but I think the president IS doing everything that's in his control to bring unemployment down.
Got to say that's a good way to skew numbers: Compare a full 8 years worth of recession and recoveries with a specific year of data(not only that but only a part of the years data as they narrowed it to private sector job growth.

Note 1, I am not debating Bush's economic plans cuz they aren't worthy of debate.

Note 2, in the table they provided 4 months (the last 4) were negative, and 5 were positive.

Not a very substantive use of stats. Seemed like a simple biased report to tell people who believe what they want to hear.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #1334
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Didn't we already do this?

Allan Meltzer: Why Obamanomics Has Failed - WSJ.com

http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-w...tml#post734267 (Expose on the Tea Party Architects)

Absolutely not. The President's policies are stifling business expansion and job creation.
Hmm...okay, you got me. Find me another one, besides Reagan's boy Meltzer. It just seems non-sensical to me for somone of Meltzer's stature to declare with absolute authority that President Obama's policies have failed after just 18 months in office. And to compare Reagan's first 18 months to Obama's is being completely dishonest and ignoring what each president inherited. We just climbed out of the worst post war recession in history, due to in no small part the success of TARP ( which included baling out Detroit, which worked) and the stimulus program.

With all due respect for Ronald Reagan but there is more and more data to suggest that trickle down economics, on the whole, failed.

But since Meltzer penned this wonderful non-partisan Op for WSJ, the econoomy logged it's biggest Q4 GDP growth in years, Obama extended the Bush tax cuts for another two years, and the president has issued an executive order for a federal review of regulations that may be too onerous on big business, I just don't know how you could conclude anything an absolute failure or success in the first 18 months of a presidency.

But the main culprit behind why companies aren't hiring is because, well, they aren't hiring. They're hoarding trillions of dollars in cash, as you know. And the bottom line is companies are doing more with less these days. Corporate profits are strong, the DOW has crossed 12,000, and the outlook for economic expanision in 2011 is more upbeat.

I'm betting if Meltzer was writing that article right now, his tone would be much different.
12thMan is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #1335
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,321
Re: Obama Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Hmm...okay, you got me. Find me another one, besides Reagan's boy Meltzer.
Click on the second link and there's more.

Quote:
And to compare Reagan's first 18 months to Obama's is being completely dishonest and ignoring what each president inherited. We just climbed out of the worst post war recession in history, due to in no small part the success of TARP ( which included baling out Detroit, which worked) and the stimulus program.
You may be too young to remember, and I was just a pre-teen, but what Carter left for Reagan was worse than what Obama walked in to.

Quote:
With all due respect for Ronald Reagan but there is more and more data to suggest that trickle down economics, on the whole, failed.
Depends on the goals, from a liberal perspective for the gov't to redistribute wealth you would consider it a failure. If the goal was for the private sector to create jobs and expand the economy, it was a wild success.

Quote:
But since Meltzer penned this wonderful non-partisan Op for WSJ, the econoomy logged it's biggest Q4 GDP growth in years, Obama extended the Bush tax cuts for another two years, and the president has issued an executive order for a federal review of regulations that may be too onerous on big business, I just don't know how you could conclude anything an absolute failure or success in the first 18 months of a presidency.
The only reason any of this happened was because of the very loud message the American people sent to Obama and the Dems in Nov. 2010.

Quote:
But the main culprit behind why companies aren't hiring is because, well, they aren't hiring. They're hoarding trillions of dollars in cash, as you know. And the bottom line is companies are doing more with less these days. Corporate profits are strong, the DOW has crossed 12,000, and the outlook for economic expanision in 2011 is more upbeat.
The large companies are hoarding their cash because of uncertainty. No company is going to make large capital expenditures and hire personnel in this economic climate only to have those actions have a net negative effect on the bottom line due to gov't regulations/requirements. Had the Fed (Obama and Congress) let the free market work we'd have been out of this mess a while ago and the hit wouldn't have been so hard.

Good reading:
Economy Picks Up Steam - WSJ.com

From the article: "It took 12 quarters to recoup the losses and, on a per-capita basis, the economy is still not as large as it was before the recession took hold. Such a prolonged recovery is unusual: It took eight quarters to bounce back from the deep recession of the early 1970s."

Antoher one you'll enjoy:
The American Spectator : So Much Worse Than Carter

From the article: "The precedent for President Obama is not President Reagan, but President Carter. Indeed, he is not on the same trajectory as Carter, he is doing far worse. In 1978, the unemployment rate was 6.1%. Real GDP grew by 5.6%."
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' ó Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36829 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25