Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


This Is One Scary Clock

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #61
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

How much money could be saved if we could stop fighting wars that have no stop date? And don't tell me they are all in the interest of "stopping terrorism". Afghanistan, definatley, like 10 years ago. Iraq, not so much. That was bush's brain child. Now there is talk of going up against China. That's a bad idea. Really bad. They'd kick our bloody asses. What if they ever do want to collect the money we owe them? That's an even worse scenario.

Their infantry alone is one million men, not counting the other branches of their military. And their kung fu skills are surperior.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #62
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
How much money could be saved if we could stop fighting wars that have no stop date? And don't tell me they are all in the interest of "stopping terrorism". Afghanistan, definatley, like 10 years ago. Iraq, not so much. That was bush's brain child. Now there is talk of going up against China. That's a bad idea. Really bad. They'd kick our bloody asses. What if they ever do want to collect the money we owe them? That's an even worse scenario.

Their infantry alone is one million men, not counting the other branches of their military. And their kung fu skills are surperior.
A couple things:
who's talking about war with China. If that happened it would be because China declared war first, or demanded full debt repayment, or some crazy thing. The current war talk is with N. Korea, who even China is having a hard time supporting publicly.

second one million men are not as critical when they can't effectively transport them for a ground war in the US.

third can you say neutron bomb. I always have thought a little thinning of the herd - so to say - wasn't a bad idea. (ok that's kidding by the way)

the deficit/debt is not solved by a one sided answer. All sides need to agree to trim/cut/in some cases slash, both defense and the welfare state. but of course that won't happen so you might as well ignore it and live abundantly until the inevitable crash.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #63
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

It looks like we are set to invade Korea very soon. My question is where will the troops come from? The draft? 80% of the military is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know we are to pussy to actually use a nuke.

Seriously guys, how will the US find the troops for yet ANOTHER war....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #64
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It looks like we are set to invade Korea very soon. My question is where will the troops come from? The draft? 80% of the military is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know we are to pussy to actually use a nuke.

Seriously guys, how will the US find the troops for yet ANOTHER war....
It looks like a Koreran War is coming, but is North Korea still a valid force? Their nukes barely work. I don't think Korea as a whole wants a war. It would only destroy their potential super power status that will come with their eventual reunion. But most reunions takes war to accomplish.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #65
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It looks like we are set to invade Korea very soon. My question is where will the troops come from? The draft? 80% of the military is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know we are to pussy to actually use a nuke.

Seriously guys, how will the US find the troops for yet ANOTHER war....
I would be AMAZED if a 2nd Korean War didn't go very much like the first Iraq war. 10 days of strategic bombing, followed by SKorean troops moving into clean up. As long as we gave proper deference to China at this point I don't think they really would step up in defense.

and JTF, I hope you were joking about a Korean superpower, China and Japan would never agree to that.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #66
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It looks like we are set to invade Korea very soon. My question is where will the troops come from? The draft? 80% of the military is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know we are to pussy to actually use a nuke.

Seriously guys, how will the US find the troops for yet ANOTHER war....
It's way premature to say there will be another war in Korea, let alone to say that we will invade North Korea.

The North has a habit of threatening rhetoric, but it seems to equate to a big bark, but unwillingness to bite. It appears that the North was responsible for sinking that South Korean naval vessel, and of course the South needs to go through preparations to defend itself, but it certainly does not have the appetite to invade the North. The South is only interested in defending itself.

As for the United States, we're sworn to defend South Korea under all circumstances, which makes sense. But that doesn't mean we would ever invade North Korea. Strategically, there were reasons to invade Afghanistan because of the terrorist presence & Taliban, you had to root them out. Once you do that, you get into all kinds of issues when it comes to setting up sustainable government.

That's not our goal with N Korea. They're unstable, but like Cold War Russia, they'll still do what's in their own best interests, and that includes not pissing us off. If push came to shove, our strategy would not include invading N Korea. It would involve trade embargoes, and bombardments from a distance, by sea and by air. We wouldn't put troops on the ground in the same manner, except for the purposes of defending the South.

But it will not come to that. The North is just popping off at the mouth. As time passes here, each side is just watching the other. As long as nobody starts nothin, won't be nothin. And nobody is interested in a drawn out regional conflict. It'll simmer down.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #67
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

As for the North's military might, they may be in decline from a technological standpoint, but that army is 1 million strong. They could do significant damage to the south if they chose an all-out war approach. It would take quite a commitment from the US to stop such an advance in defense of the South.

But the North knows doing something like that would lead to the decimation of its military. And it's economy can't support such a loss at this point. They'll stand down.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #68
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's way premature to say there will be another war in Korea, let alone to say that we will invade North Korea.

The North has a habit of threatening rhetoric, but it seems to equate to a big bark, but unwillingness to bite. It appears that the North was responsible for sinking that South Korean naval vessel, and of course the South needs to go through preparations to defend itself, but it certainly does not have the appetite to invade the North. The South is only interested in defending itself.

As for the United States, we're sworn to defend South Korea under all circumstances, which makes sense. But that doesn't mean we would ever invade North Korea. Strategically, there were reasons to invade Afghanistan because of the terrorist presence & Taliban, you had to root them out. Once you do that, you get into all kinds of issues when it comes to setting up sustainable government.

That's not our goal with N Korea. They're unstable, but like Cold War Russia, they'll still do what's in their own best interests, and that includes not pissing us off. If push came to shove, our strategy would not include invading N Korea. It would involve trade embargoes, and bombardments from a distance, by sea and by air. We wouldn't put troops on the ground in the same manner, except for the purposes of defending the South.

But it will not come to that. The North is just popping off at the mouth. As time passes here, each side is just watching the other. As long as nobody starts nothin, won't be nothin. And nobody is interested in a drawn out regional conflict. It'll simmer down.
good post
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #69
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,317
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It looks like we are set to invade Korea very soon. My question is where will the troops come from? The draft? 80% of the military is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know we are to pussy to actually use a nuke.

Seriously guys, how will the US find the troops for yet ANOTHER war....
As the mafia knew very well, wars are bad for business. You can be pretty confident China will have none of this. They may be using NK to probe and push-buttons to see how the South and U.S. will respond to provocations, but they don't want a full-on war.

Worst case, NK strikes at the South, in addition to the South's military we have over 30K military personnel already stationed in SK, and another 30K in Japan. The carrier George Washington also homeports in Japan, I believe. We have several F16 units at Kunsan, Osan and Misawa AB, Japan. We also have A-10s in SK. It would be a bloodbath for NK if they attacked SK.

The Chinese would then stabilize the North with a puppet gov't that would be much "better for business".
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #70
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,365
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

If the North ever did decide to strike, they better do it with a full strength invasion, and in that case it would be fairly bloody before it was over. Otherwise yes I believe you are right Sammy, we would do airstrikes to cut off the army, and then, again, like in Kuwait, I would be willing to bet they would lay down arms before too long. That is a hopeful belief. Then China would be instrumental in setting up a new peace.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #71
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

It always strikes me funny when people say "North Korea has a one million man army they could totally overwhelm South Korea!" This ain't Star Craft. You can't simply rush the enemy base with a bunch of zerglings and expect anything short of outright massacre.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #72
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
It always strikes me funny when people say "North Korea has a one million man army they could totally overwhelm South Korea!" This ain't Star Craft. You can't simply rush the enemy base with a bunch of zerglings and expect anything short of outright massacre.
Nice! I for one am pumped for Starcraft II, I can't take any more delays. Now set for July 27th.

But on the serious, you're right, you still have to take them seriously, you can't just dismiss it. They have significant technology on their side. Nothing that we can't handle and gain a strategic advantage, but it would take a bigger commitment than we currently have in the region.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #73
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

We can't just "joy stick" a couple of Drones over there to overpower the evil Khan and his hoards? I guess we're just NOT being all we can be?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #74
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,859
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

The most wonderful thing is that we are fully equipped with weapons of mass destruction and devastation, but that we will never, ever use them, even in combat.

I would like to see North Korea nuked by the United States, but it will never happen.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #75
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,317
Re: This Is One Scary Clock

Back on topic, this is a good read:

IS THE WORLD BROKE? Entitlements, Spending May Spell Doom - FOXBusiness.com
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50081 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25