Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


pro life ad's in georgia

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's interesting that you care so little about a baby whose birth is foreseeable in the short term - less than 9 months. But when the discussion on the end of the world was going on, you stated that the death of those in the far distant future should be a frightening prospect to us now.

But the skank who has an abortion, and the baby that would have been, don't get that same heart ache response.
http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...tml#post553394 (Life After People (History Channel))

Almost 1 million babies a year are not born due to abortions, granted that's not 90%, but the abortion to live birth ratio, as of 2001, was 246 abortions for every 1000 live births, us_abortion_statistics, certainly not a number to be discounted.

I googled, and used those statistics, looks like a pro-life site, so they are probably skewed high, but the point is valid if the number is ballparked
  1. If you're going to cite statistics why not just go with the CDC?
  2. By your admission ("granted it's not 90%") you can not compare the death of 90% of Americans and the near extinction of human population to a few million abortions.
  3. If I have to worry about the death of bunch of cells (that's what a fetus is for the first 4 months, I mean it can't think, it can't talk, it's an attachment to a woman's body that can't do anything) I'd be depressed about all the spermicide I've been committing all these years.

TTL, it's not that I think I'm better than everyone else, it's just that I think you people half-ass everything. With you being at the top of the leader-board of course.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #32
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So when its all said and done you only believe in choice when in benifits you.
That's one factor in many. Obviously if someone comes to me with firstdown's stolen boat and tries to sell it to me I'll choose to let you know your boat has been stolen. My choice is based on my moral compass.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #33
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
  1. If you're going to cite statistics why not just go with the CDC?
  2. By your admission ("granted it's not 90%") you can not compare the death of 90% of Americans and the near extinction of human population to a few million abortions.
  3. If I have to worry about the death of bunch of cells (that's what a fetus is for the first 4 months, I mean it can't think, it can't talk, it's an attachment to a woman's body that can't do anything) I'd be depressed about all the spermicide I've been committing all these years.

TTL, it's not that I think I'm better than everyone else, it's just that I think you people half-ass everything. With you being at the top of the leader-board of course.
Disgusting line of thought and completely untrue. It's a live person, not a potential person or "fetus", it's just a human being who needs to be nurtured. If we follow your line of thinking (and Hitler's), every handicapped and elderly person should also be exterminated because they need help and care to live. This casual disregard for the value of life itself will be the downfall of our society.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #34
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,138
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
  1. If you're going to cite statistics why not just go with the CDC?
  2. By your admission ("granted it's not 90%") you can not compare the death of 90% of Americans and the near extinction of human population to a few million abortions.
  3. If I have to worry about the death of bunch of cells (that's what a fetus is for the first 4 months, I mean it can't think, it can't talk, it's an attachment to a woman's body that can't do anything) I'd be depressed about all the spermicide I've been committing all these years.

TTL, it's not that I think I'm better than everyone else, it's just that I think you people half-ass everything. With you being at the top of the leader-board of course.
1) OK here is CDC's result:
Quote:
The national legal induced abortion ratio increased from 196 per 1,000 live births in 1973 (the first year that 52 areas reported) to 358 per 1,000 in 1979 and remained nearly stable through 1981 (Figure 1; Table 2). The ratio peaked at 364 per 1,000 in 1984 and since then has demonstrated a generally steady decline. In 2002, the abortion ratio was 246 per 1,000 in 49 reporting areas (the same as in 2001) and 248 for the same 48 reporting areas for which data were available since 1998 (Table 2).
So, though it was a pro-life site, their stats were correct.

2) Your statement was that you don't care for the one skank, and a life that is formed and will be born barring an abortion, but the thought of unformed uncreated life a billion years from now makes your heart ache. The dichotomy of your position is simple, and shows you to be heartless to those around you who you value as lesser beings.

3) It is a bunch of cells dependent on the host body, the mom, you are correct, but it is living and growing, your example of spermicide is blatantly a false comparison, spermicide acts before the egg has been fertilized and begun to cluster and divide as cells.

rationalize as you will, but before you start commenting about half ass retorts, realize half-ass is better than an empty response like your last one.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,979
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

YouTube - Bring Out Your Dead (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #36
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
1) OK here is CDC's result:
So, though it was a pro-life site, their stats were correct.

2) Your statement was that you don't care for the one skank, and a life that is formed and will be born barring an abortion, but the thought of unformed uncreated life a billion years from now makes your heart ache. The dichotomy of your position is simple, and shows you to be heartless to those around you who you value as lesser beings.

3) It is a bunch of cells dependent on the host body, the mom, you are correct, but it is living and growing, your example of spermicide is blatantly a false comparison, spermicide acts before the egg has been fertilized and begun to cluster and divide as cells.

rationalize as you will, but before you start commenting about half ass retorts, realize half-ass is better than an empty response like your last one.
1. I posted a link to the CDC site so your stats actually have weight...I do read what I post.

2. It's not that I think they are lesser beings, it's that I don't think they are beings for the first few months. Yes, I am more concerned about the existence of human beings in the future than I am of fetuses getting aborted. There's nothing contradictory between the two positions.

3. Growing? Yes, living? No. Their lives are not discernible from that of the host mothers. She dies, they die...she eats, they eat.

It's not rationalizing, it's simple logic devoid of personal beliefs. And for the record, abortion isn't for me and my wife...and I certainly don't support abortion after 5 months unless there's an extraneous circumstance.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #37
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Disgusting line of thought and completely untrue. It's a live person, not a potential person or "fetus", it's just a human being who needs to be nurtured. If we follow your line of thinking (and Hitler's), every handicapped and elderly person should also be exterminated because they need help and care to live. This casual disregard for the value of life itself will be the downfall of our society.
Hitler argument eh?


Ding Ding Ding, we have a wiener.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #38
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok Saden I'm not going to get into the abortion thing because it been done before but using the terms "pro choice" and "moral compass" together to decribe how you picked pro choice was pretty funny.

I am not a Christian, it's not funny to me.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #39
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok Saden I'm not going to get into the abortion thing because it been done before but using the terms "pro choice" and "moral compass" together to decribe how you picked pro choice was pretty funny.
if his "moral compass" worked, he'd be pro life. i think he and captain jack sparrow use the same compass.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #40
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,298
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
3. Growing? Yes, living? No. Their lives are not discernible from that of the host mothers. She dies, they die...she eats, they eat.
Their lives are discernible as the "lump of cells" may be destroyed with no harm to the mother's physical well being. If a life form begins its life as a parasite, depending on its host initially but growing to independence, isn't it still a life form? It's not like the woman is growing an extra kidney that will be absorbed into her body as a necessary part of it's function.

Even if it is a "lump of cells" at some point, when does it gain its humanity? To my knowledge their is no agreement on this point. Because of this, the abortion of a fetus raises the possibility, however slight, that a murder is being committed.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,298
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
It's not rationalizing, it's simple logic devoid of personal beliefs.
Logic devoid of personal belief requires uncontroverted facts e.g. "rocks cannot grow or reproduce, therefore rocks are not alive". In the discussion of "when does life begin", please point me to the facts upon which you rely.

I would suggest that, whatever you post as facts will be factual conclusions based on assumptions ultimately derived, in part, from opinion. Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
With you slipping through we're obviously not doing a good job.
I think about you when I zero in my sights.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #43
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 2,496
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

I'll keep my personal beliefs to myself on this issue, but I've always felt that common ground can, and should be reached. In fact, I've been fairly passionate on this issue.

No-one wants to see babies die. I think that is a fair thing to say.

The pro-life movement is focusing one changing legislation that simply isn't going to happen. It won't be overturned.

I think it's in everyone's best interest to prevent conception in the first place. We should make it rain birth control in all shapes and forms. If we can divert our resources from attempts to change/maintain policies to helping counsel those who are pregnant, prevent pregnancy in the first place, and educate the population we would be in much better shape than we are now.

This is something that needs to happen. Rant over.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #44
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,138
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
1. I posted a link to the CDC site so your stats actually have weight...I do read what I post.

2. It's not that I think they are lesser beings, it's that I don't think they are beings for the first few months. Yes, I am more concerned about the existence of human beings in the future than I am of fetuses getting aborted. There's nothing contradictory between the two positions.

3. Growing? Yes, living? No. Their lives are not discernible from that of the host mothers. She dies, they die...she eats, they eat.

It's not rationalizing, it's simple logic devoid of personal beliefs. And for the record, abortion isn't for me and my wife...and I certainly don't support abortion after 5 months unless there's an extraneous circumstance.
1) I assumed you were being argumentative, since I had stated that I was using a biased site. If not then thank you for solidifying those statistics.

2) It is absolutely contradictory, but since that is beyond our ability to come together on, I will drop it.

3) For the point I made about you using a false argument, the fact that it is growing is enough. Spermicide alone will not stop the growth of what will eventually become a living being. Spermicide will kill sperm and prevent the growth from beginning, the 2 points are fundamentally different.



I think you and I are talking two different points; my initial response was to your calling a woman and her fetus a skank and her baby, saying it doesn't affect you, which I say makes you heartless towards humans who are living, compared to false heartache when crying over the possible end of human existence. If you can not ache for this lady and her baby, you can not convince me that whatever you claim to sense about the end of humanity, is more than a selfish claim to immortality through the ongoing existence of the human condition. It is self evident, but you cannot acknowledge it, because it would in the end unravel that truth which you hold dear - that humanity is it's own god and controller of its own destiny. But in fact we are not. and we do not. There is a greater being, a maker who has given you life, and one day will allow this human existence to end.

You on the other hand seem to be claiming that self interest, which has to be based on some personal belief, is a simple logical statement. Which again seems illogical.

But all in all, you prove yourself by your own words. you ache for those who will not be born, but could care less for the lady and baby(your word) who is suffering, or to be aborted, today. I understand your position. Thanks for clarifying.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #45
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Hitler argument eh?


Ding Ding Ding, we have a wiener.
Simply calling the blatant disregard for human life as I see it. If you're offended by the comparison, you may want to examine your beliefs with a little help from a conscience.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38037 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25