Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Arizona's New Immigration Law

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #256
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,264
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Wow, Joe Redskins claiming victory. Another mission accomplished moment.
You misunderstand jtf, you win. You always win - that's the beauty of your posts. Divorced from any need for logic or the need to hold yourself to the same standard you impose upon others, you are able to claim or imply victory in everything you post. Brilliant!!

Your response is another perfect example of your death defying ability to impose a meaning onto a statement that is contrary to the actual words of the statement being analyzed - somehow, my statement that I enjoy your posts is a "claim of victory". I mean, all sarcasm aside, that is just a stunning leap! Bravo! Lesser men would question themselves for such a jump in logic but not you!!

But wait, your real genius is still to come!!: "Another mission accomplished moment". As someone who works with and struggles over the use of words, I truly do appreciate the subtlety and nuance of the use of those four words in your response. F'ing poetry! I mean that. I mean, after taking a leap unsupported by the original text's actual content, you support your own point with a generic "Trump Card" phrase. In doing so, you sweep my thoughts, analysis and rational away, pigeonhole my belief system, and imply that your point is proven - (and here's stunning, amazing, truly truly poetic part) - ALL WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR LOGIC OR RATIONAL THOUGHT ON YOUR PART!!!!

Truly, you are the superior being!
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #257
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,937
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I feel like they should be able to wear the Amercian flag, but not the confederate flag (seeing as they wer fighting against america).
you know, now that i think about it, the US flag incident on cinco de mayo is an intersting parallel to what happended down in SC when students wore confederate flag tshirts when that whole brew haha pooped up over removing the confederate part of their flag.

what happened? did the students have to remove their confederate tshirts? i forget.

i also can see teh hispanics students side with regards to teh US shirts and bandanas. my gut tells me the guys who wore a us flag bandanas probably only wore those on that day with the purpose of quietly stating they dont agree with open immigration which may (lets face it were talkign about HS kids) provoke some words which could lead to voilence.

with that said, im sure the hispanic portion of the school wasnt just celebrating cinco de mayo but using it as a platform to demand open immigration, which is what they seemingly do with any mexican holiday.

maybe just celebrate the holiday and leave the immigration stuff for another day. if you want to include immigration into your holidays, dont get all butt hurt when people with opposing views quietly and peacefully dissent.
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #258
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,264
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I feel like they should be able to wear the Amercian flag, but not the confederate flag (seeing as they wer fighting against america).
Ahh, so you support the government's restriction of free speech when the speech being restricted is supportive of those who have opposed or fought against "america".
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #259
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You misunderstand jtf, you win. You always win - that's the beauty of your posts. Divorced from any need for logic or the need to hold yourself to the same standard you impose upon others, you are able to claim or imply victory in everything you post. Brilliant!!

Your response is another perfect example of your death defying ability to impose a meaning onto a statement that is contrary to the actual words of the statement being analyzed - somehow, my statement that I enjoy your posts is a "claim of victory". I mean, all sarcasm aside, that is just a stunning leap! Bravo! Lesser men would question themselves for such a jump in logic but not you!!

But wait, your real genius is still to come!!: "Another mission accomplished moment". As someone who works with and struggles over the use of words, I truly do appreciate the subtlety and nuance of the use of those four words in your response. F'ing poetry! I mean that. I mean, after taking a leap unsupported by the original text's actual content, you support your own point with a generic "Trump Card" phrase. In doing so, you sweep my thoughts, analysis and rational away, pigeonhole my belief system, and imply that your point is proven - (and here's stunning, amazing, truly truly poetic part) - ALL WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR LOGIC OR RATIONAL THOUGHT ON YOUR PART!!!!

Truly, you are the superior being!
WOW! Never have I seen someone's panties so bunched on a internet blog like this! Great job JTF that is some real talent.

JoeRedskin step back from the computer take a deep breath, heck go outside and enjoy the day. Your ass has been hand to you.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #260
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Okay let me get this straight. We have a problem with Cinco De Mayo to me it's just like St. Patrick's Day. Who cares let's celebrate. Wave your flag show your pride. Let them have their day.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #261
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,109
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
WOW! Never have I seen someone's panties so bunched on a internet blog like this! Great job JTF that is some real talent.

JoeRedskin step back from the computer take a deep breath, heck go outside and enjoy the day. Your ass has been hand to you.
:confused:
amazing how perceptions vary. clearly JoeRedskin was being highly sarcastic, yet you see it as him getting smacked. Like I said, it just leaves me :confused:
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #262
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,109
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Okay let me get this straight. We have a problem with Cinco De Mayo to me it's just like St. Patrick's Day. Who cares let's celebrate. Wave your flag show your pride. Let them have their day.
you ought to do soundbites. This is a good short statement.

I think your problem, and you do have a problem, is when you start lengthening your posts. You start throwing in more and more junk statements as an internet troll would do. (a quick example was bringing the southern flag into this when it had no relevance, and was simply a dig for the sake of it)
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #263
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,822
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
:confused:
amazing how perceptions vary. clearly JoeRedskin was being highly sarcastic, yet you see it as him getting smacked. Like I said, it just leaves me :confused:

I could care less about the issues they are talking about but JFT is throwing out like one sentence post and Joe is clearly panity bunched. I think it is hilarious.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #264
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,937
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
. (a quick example was bringing the southern flag into this when it had no relevance, and was simply a dig for the sake of it)
the personal pissing match aside, i thought the comparison to the students wearing confederate flag tshirts was a good comparative analysis and discussion point with regards to the students wearing US flag tshirts on cinco de mayo.

fuck, i thought i wrote some pretty good stuff back there. oh well.
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #265
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,264
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
WOW! Never have I seen someone's panties so bunched on a internet blog like this! Great job JTF that is some real talent.

JoeRedskin step back from the computer take a deep breath, heck go outside and enjoy the day. Your ass has been hand to you.
Oh I agree. JTF is completely owning me. Absolutely. At every turn. I bask in his brilliance. I meant it when I said that his last post was poetry. There was true nuance and imagery in that one!

But as with JTF, you misinterpret the meaning of my responses. I really am trying to communicate the pure joy I get in reading his posts. Really. I mean it when I say they make me laugh my ass off. I encourage he and you to continue posting. Please.

I don't need sunshine - jtf brings me joy every time he logs on.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #266
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,109
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the personal pissing match aside, i thought the comparison to the students wearing confederate flag tshirts was a good comparative analysis and discussion point with regards to the students wearing US flag tshirts on cinco de mayo.

fuck, i thought i wrote some pretty good stuff back there. oh well.
ok. Same as with mredskins, perceptions are amazing, and the words impact everyone differently. I just felt he was throwing out something for the sake of getting under someone's skin, but I see your point.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #267
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,264
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I could care less about the issues they are talking about but JFT is throwing out like one sentence post and Joe is clearly panity bunched. I think it is hilarious.
Ahh, as with jtf, you simply don't understand me. Nothing, really nothing, jtf says could cause me to get my "panity bunched". His historic lack of any depth of knowledge makes everything he says so innately laughable that I look forward to his amazing, death-defying, stupifying leaps in logic, history and rationale that he makes. It's like watching clown car wreck at the circus. Why would I want him to stop??? My responses may be lengthy, but that is 1) just the way I am; 2) simply an attempt to truly relate the joy I get from jtf's posts and why.

I am laughing as I type this. AND, when you respond, I will laugh again! As we seem to be continually amusing each other, this is turning out to be a damn good day.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #268
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,109
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Ahh, as with jtf, you simply don't understand me. Nothing, really nothing, jtf says could cause me to get my "panity bunched". His historic lack of any depth of knowledge makes everything he says so innately laughable that I look forward to his amazing, death-defying, stupifying leaps in logic, history and rationale that he makes. It's like watching clown car wreck at the circus. Why would I want him to stop??? My responses may be lengthy, but that is 1) just the way I am; 2) simply an attempt to truly relate the joy I get from jtf's posts and why.

I am laughing as I type this. AND, when you respond, I will laugh again! As we seem to be continually amusing each other, this is turning out to be a damn good day.
mredskins, also don't forget, where jtf needs to do soundbites, JoeRedskins tends toward long winded dialogues, so his panties aren't in a bunch until he takes up 3 pages single spaced
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #269
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Posts: 10,264
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the personal pissing match aside, i thought the comparison to the students wearing confederate flag tshirts was a good comparative analysis and discussion point with regards to the students wearing US flag tshirts on cinco de mayo.

fuck, i thought i wrote some pretty good stuff back there. oh well.
You did. It just got lost in other's (including my own) dross. Very simply, my basic gut reaction is that the way to combat incideniary political speech is not to repress it but to bring it out, expose it, discuss it, and, as Milton would say, allow the calumny to be exposed for what it is. If wearing American, Mexican or Confederate flags is somehow or someway offensive to someone, don't prohibit people from expressing these offensive thoughts - use speech of your own to demonstrate why it is offensive or, better yet, engage the person making the statement.

The way to defeat "bad" speech is use "good" speech.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #270
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You did. It just got lost in other's (including my own) dross. Very simply, my basic gut reaction is that the way to combat incideniary political speech is not to repress it but to bring it out, expose it, discuss it, and, as Milton would say, allow the calumny to be exposed for what it is. If wearing American, Mexican or Confederate flags is somehow or someway offensive to someone, don't prohibit people from expressing these offensive thoughts - use speech of your own to demonstrate why it is offensive or, better yet, engage the person making the statement.

The way to defeat "bad" speech is use "good" speech.
You are right I don't understand you. I actually learn something from Slinging Sammy and his free market religion. But personally I can't find anything more fake than a t-shirt activist.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20893 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25