Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Arizona's New Immigration Law

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #466
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,380
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Why the urgency to change it. I think it is just a tradition in that part of the country. There never was a time there was fence there, was it? What's so urgent now? Maybe the Mexican drug lords have reseted control of the drug pipeline fomr teh gold old boy ranchers. Wasn't a problem when they were getting cheap labor? It's always been that way, what changed that makes this a must change now?
They's still gettin cheaper labor, and a form of indentured servitude. we aint all talkin bout buildin no wall, but gettin em in and counted so dey can start payin da man all upfront and legal, see.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #467
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
add to that hookers and we would be in da black baby!
sounds like a plan i can see the 2012 slogans now

"tax hookers pot and illegals...the change we've been waiting for"
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #468
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Its cases like this that make this such a tough issue. It seems like she has done what we would want but whats the deal with her parents? How did she pay for college? Did that degree she is getting cost the tax payers a 100,000 in social programs? While I agree with the law in AZ innocent kids will get punished by this law but at the same time we have kids here that also need our help. We just cannot help everyone.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #469
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,380
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
sounds like a plan i can see the 2012 slogans now

"tax hookers pot and illegals...the change we've been waiting for"
Hey Bart and Homer could run the Ad Campaign. We might have a chance!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #470
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
sounds like a plan i can see the 2012 slogans now

"tax hookers pot and illegals...the change we've been waiting for"
Actaully the FairTax plan does tax illegals, hookers, and drug dealers.....and it could be our way out of our finanacial mess.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #471
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Actaully the FairTax plan does tax illegals, hookers, and drug dealers.....and it could be our way out of our finanacial mess.
Yea, like I want a bill that taxes my drugs and hookers. How would you list that on your tax form?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #472
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea, like I want a bill that taxes my drugs and hookers. How would you list that on your tax form?
No tax forms. Tax is taken by merchants as basically a national sales tax on all items purchased. The poor receive a monthly or yearly rebate check to cover the tax on basic necessities. IRS is greatly reduced because they only need to enforce on merchants. And no, this isn't a VAT, this is the only federal tax you would pay. All other income, SS, Medicare taxes are removed and you keep your pay execpt for what states levy. If the FairTax is implemented states will likely follow and eliminate income taxes and move to the same model. Also no corporate taxes, making the business climate much more competitive against other countries.

With no corporate taxes, (estimated pass-thru to consumers is approximately 22%) and a FairTax rate of 23 % to fully fund the Fed, an item that used to cost $ 1.00 would now cost $ 1.01.....and you would have no federal deductions from your check. The wealthy will still pay a larger portion of the Fed tax burden as they buy more expensive items.

This system taxes those who don't claim or file Fed taxes, (drug dealers, hookers, illegals, etc.) because it collects the tax when items are purchased.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #473
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

SS I was joking and would not mind having the fair tax. It would save me $3,000 a year just in what I pay a my CPA to do my payroll and taxes.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #474
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
SS I was joking and would not mind having the fair tax. It would save me $3,000 a year just in what I pay a my CPA to do my payroll and taxes.
I figured you were, just a shameless FairTax plug.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #475
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
No tax forms. Tax is taken by merchants as basically a national sales tax on all items purchased. The poor receive a monthly or yearly rebate check to cover the tax on basic necessities. IRS is greatly reduced because they only need to enforce on merchants. And no, this isn't a VAT, this is the only federal tax you would pay. All other income, SS, Medicare taxes are removed and you keep your pay execpt for what states levy. If the FairTax is implemented states will likely follow and eliminate income taxes and move to the same model. Also no corporate taxes, making the business climate much more competitive against other countries.

With no corporate taxes, (estimated pass-thru to consumers is approximately 22%) and a FairTax rate of 23 % to fully fund the Fed, an item that used to cost $ 1.00 would now cost $ 1.01.....and you would have no federal deductions from your check. The wealthy will still pay a larger portion of the Fed tax burden as they buy more expensive items.

This system taxes those who don't claim or file Fed taxes, (drug dealers, hookers, illegals, etc.) because it collects the tax when items are purchased.

Okay sounds good, those are the positives, what are the negatives?
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #476
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
okay sounds good, those are the positives, what are the negatives?
The amount of people needed to process the tax would drop so some federal employees would loose their job.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #477
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

FOXNews.com - Miss Oklahoma Named First Runner Up in Miss USA Pageant After Answering Immigration Question

Miss Oklahoma was asked about the Arizona law, which she agrees with. She ended up getting dos.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #478
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
FOXNews.com - Miss Oklahoma Named First Runner Up in Miss USA Pageant After Answering Immigration Question

Miss Oklahoma was asked about the Arizona law, which she agrees with. She ended up getting dos.
Quote:
An unhappy crowd booed Miss USA judge Oscar Nunez when he asked Miss Oklahoma Morgan Elizabeth Woolard a question about Arizona’s immigration law on Sunday night’s pageant.

But could Woolard's answer have cost her the crown?

The "The Office" star asked Woolard if she supported Arizona’s right to enforce the law, which requires police to verify a person's immigration status if there's "reasonable suspicion" that the person is in the country illegally.
they had oscar from the office as a judge for miss usa?? sounds like they were pretty desperate
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #479
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Okay sounds good, those are the positives, what are the negatives?
Here is the wiki link to two excellent books on the FairTax, the first is the FairTax book and the follow on is a response to critics of the plan (most criticisms false or misleading).

The FairTax Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a link to the FairTax site, on the bottom of the front page are the five most common criticisms of the plan with rebuttals.

Americans For Fair Taxation:
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #480
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

I see VA. was well represented:

FOXNews.com - Miss USA Changes Its Image
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.83062 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25