Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Arizona's New Immigration Law

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #46
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Holy crap. You're either VERY naive or just have selective ignorance to his statements.

He said "people trying to take their daughter out for ice cream will be asked to show papers for no reason but how they look" and directly accuses opponents of being racists.

Not only is he completely wrong (and/or dishonest) about the facts of the law, he's being racially inflammatory for the sole reason of securing a Hispanic voting block, whether they are legally entitled to vote or not. Think about it...he's opposed to a law forcing illegals to have a legal I.D. to be here. What do you need to vote? A legal I.D.
I thought a national ID was a new world order communism socialism fear?
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #47
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
You're right.




Wait, I thought..."There are no Blue States or Red States, we should stop carving up the electorate into ethnic and racial groups" - President Obama

I guess not.

It's called minority outreach and to people who vote for you. No one is precluding you from reaching the minorities. In fact I think you're trying to do just that. BTW, how is Steele doing in that front? I know you got the "heartland" and "real america" on lock and "the blacks" are a lost cause but what about them Hispanics?

Get-R-Done!
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #48
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Holy crap. You're either VERY naive or just have selective ignorance to his statements.

He said "people trying to take their daughter out for ice cream will be asked to show papers for no reason but how they look" and directly accuses opponents of being racists.

Not only is he completely wrong (and/or dishonest) about the facts of the law, he's being racially inflammatory for the sole reason of securing a Hispanic voting block, whether they are legally entitled to vote or not. Think about it...he's opposed to a law forcing illegals to have a legal I.D. to be here. What do you need to vote? A legal I.D.

If you're a legal resident/citizen and have I.D., what are you worried about? I'd gladly have to show my I.D. a few times in exchange for a safer, more secure nation with a better economy and less crime. But of course, unlike the President's false claims, unless I'm already committing a crime, I won't have to worry about any unnecessary hassle.

How anyone can oppose this common-sense law is beyond me.

You're a dense humanoid...even if I broke it down for you I'm afraid you wouldn't understand.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Arizona is broke. Almost every state is broke. That's reality. I hear a lot of concern over racial profiling. I don't hear anyone saying anything about the few honest Mexican police and politicians left who are chopped up by the cartels. I guess they don't count huh?

Some of you twirps make me sick. Just remember, when you're banging that black tar heroin and snorting up that dope, a lot of brown skinned people are kidnapped, tortured, and mudered so you can get high. You can tell yourself you're not a racist because you've a Mexican nanny or support amnesty. Tell that to the Americans and Mexicans who are kidnapped and tortured to death for your fucking dope habit. Yuppy pukes!

The real culprits behind the illegal alein problem are the bankers who wash all the dope money for the cartels. Mexicans have been coming to the US, earing money, and going back home for the longest. If they have no home to go back to where else are they supposed to go? If I was Obama I'd arrest every junkie and every corrupt banker in the US. Make those MFers clean toilets and cut grass. If it wasn't for them, Mexico would be a rich nation. Y'all do know Mexico exports oil right?!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #50
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
See post # 7. One thing Obama is NOT, is stupid. I'm just a guy on a messageboard and I found the info on the law in less than 5 min. Obama knows exactly what's in/not in the statutes. What he stated is certainly not something that can reasonably be assumed to happen the way they're written. For him to make the statement he did is a purely political play.

I don't know who the "reasonable Republicans" are coming out against this law, but I'll bet it's safe to assume they're pandering to a Hispanic voting bloc in their district/state. You're absolutely correct, the security of the people of the U.S. isn't a right/left issue and I'll bet you could take a handful of members from this board, on both sides of the political spectrum, and come up with a reasonable solution to the illegal immigration issue that satisifed both sides. However, for the vast majority of politicians in DC its about power and keeping their jobs. The Hispanic voting bloc is already (or will be very shortly) the largest minority voting bloc in the country. How this issue is spun is key to gaining/losing support with a good portion of this voting bloc....so I would say there is definitely politcal advantage to be had here.
This is what it's all about for the Dems. With mid-terms just 6 months away, why wouldn't Obama publicly speak out on this? It's a great opportunity to build more support from registered Hispanic voters.

I haven't read this piece of legislation, nor do I care to. I don't have the time in my day to read page after page of statutes, however I'm all about the strictest (is that a word?) immigration laws. At a time when 1 in 10 Americans is without a job, the thought of people sneaking across our border to leech off of our already struggling economy makes me sick. I'm not an isolationist, but this is a time where we need to put ourselves first.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #51
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Just don't wanna be hassled period, and it is not their right to do so. Probable cause is the rule of law. You know how many people walk because of that alone? I know the rancher got killed sorry that happend, but trying to put the entire hispanic community under duress is not right. Kinda like the excuse "we are looking for crack dealers". My question is "So what the hell you blocking the street for? go catch them mofos. What the hell you get paid to do? What have I saw? Not a damn thing, do an investigation or something. Damn, want me to do your job for you? Basically they are mad because the American citizens who can tell who is illegal or not won't do their job for them. Do some police work for crying out loud. Police always want to be the millitary, like it's not enough police work for them already.
hey, i generally agree about not wanting to be hassled...
was just pointing out that mentioning "what if i'm minding my own business driving home drunk...." wasn't the best way to express your opposition to the bill.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #52
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Arizona is broke. Almost every state is broke. That's reality. I hear a lot of concern over racial profiling. I don't hear anyone saying anything about the few honest Mexican police and politicians left who are chopped up by the cartels. I guess they don't count huh?

Some of you twirps make me sick. Just remember, when you're banging that black tar heroin and snorting up that dope, a lot of brown skinned people are kidnapped, tortured, and mudered so you can get high. You can tell yourself you're not a racist because you've a Mexican nanny or support amnesty. Tell that to the Americans and Mexicans who are kidnapped and tortured to death for your fucking dope habit. Yuppy pukes!

The real culprits behind the illegal alein problem are the bankers who wash all the dope money for the cartels. Mexicans have been coming to the US, earing money, and going back home for the longest. If they have no home to go back to where else are they supposed to go? If I was Obama I'd arrest every junkie and every corrupt banker in the US. Make those MFers clean toilets and cut grass. If it wasn't for them, Mexico would be a rich nation. Y'all do know Mexico exports oil right?!
:confused-
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,110
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

It's not Arizona, but I'm a bit surprised no one has posted the Tim James ad yet.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
:confused-
Sorry I forgot the r in MURDERED.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #55
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
hey, i generally agree about not wanting to be hassled...
was just pointing out that mentioning "what if i'm minding my own business driving home drunk...." wasn't the best way to express your opposition to the bill.
I never said driving drunk but hey waht if i was driving home naked, and they pulled me over on false pretenses. Do I get a ticket for indecent exposure? Yes, will i pay a fine. No. Probable cause baby!!!!
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
:confused-

I felt the same way.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,330
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
:confused-
I'll second that and toss in a

This thread has officially hit tard status, as usual with anything political around here
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,885
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
He said "people trying to take their daughter out for ice cream will be asked to show papers for no reason but how they look" and directly accuses opponents of being racists.
a police officer can walk up to you and ask for your id at any time. whether your hispanic or not. if there is a law that requires you to carry an id when in public (which there might be in every state) and you dont have that id then you might be screwed if your illegal.

a police officer can knock on your door and ask if he can search your home. you can say no and the cop cant do anything about it. (in the real world, you say no, the cop does what he wants anyway then claims consent or exigent circumstances like the smell of burning marijuana or a guy was sitting on the couch acting nervous and i had to search him and the area for any weapons and i just so happened to find the cocaine under the bathroom sink upstairs where hypothetically the nervous guy could have ran up to and retrieved a weapon from)

when i lived in san diego, i lived in what they call the ghetto. its not really ghetto, at least not by DC standards. there were a shit ton of illegals but they were great. so close to the border they were so worried about everything that they wouldnt bother you, very very polite and respectful.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #59
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Arizona is broke. Almost every state is broke. That's reality. I hear a lot of concern over racial profiling. I don't hear anyone saying anything about the few honest Mexican police and politicians left who are chopped up by the cartels. I guess they don't count huh?

Some of you twirps make me sick. Just remember, when you're banging that black tar heroin and snorting up that dope, a lot of brown skinned people are kidnapped, tortured, and mudered so you can get high. You can tell yourself you're not a racist because you've a Mexican nanny or support amnesty. Tell that to the Americans and Mexicans who are kidnapped and tortured to death for your fucking dope habit. Yuppy pukes!

The real culprits behind the illegal alein problem are the bankers who wash all the dope money for the cartels. Mexicans have been coming to the US, earing money, and going back home for the longest. If they have no home to go back to where else are they supposed to go? If I was Obama I'd arrest every junkie and every corrupt banker in the US. Make those MFers clean toilets and cut grass. If it wasn't for them, Mexico would be a rich nation. Y'all do know Mexico exports oil right?!


Holy cow, looks like somebody started the weekend early. Can I hit that?
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #60
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Arizona's New Immigration Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You're a dense humanoid...even if I broke it down for you I'm afraid you wouldn't understand.
And there we go...sunken to the President's debate tactics...namecalling.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33440 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25