Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

From The Article:
During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.
http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=5798

It gets better.


From The Article:
Two newspapers reported Friday that drilling plans received approval from the Obama administration without the permits required under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
The Washington Post and New York Times said the approvals included the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded last month, killing 11 people and leading to the spill of millions of gallons of oil.
The Arizona-based Center for Biological Diversity has filed a notice to sue Salazar for ignoring the laws when granting the permits. The group said Interior has approved three lease sales, more than 100 seismic surveys and more than 300 drilling operations without the required permits.
"Under Salazar's watch, the Department of the Interior has treated the Gulf of Mexico as a sacrifice area where laws are ignored and wildlife protection takes a backseat to oil-company profits," said Miyoko Sakashita, the center's oceans director.
MMS is required to get permits under the two environmental laws for drilling that might harm endangered species or marine mammals.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INTERIOR_OFFSHORE_DRILLING?SITE=WHIZ&SECTION=HO ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

So Who is this guy called Salazar:

From The Article:
Ken Salazar, a fifth generation Coloradan, was confirmed as the 50th Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior on January 20, 2009, in a unanimous vote by the U.S. Senate.
Prior to his confirmation, Salazar served as Colorado's 35th United States Senator, winning election in November 2004 and serving on the Finance Committee, which oversees the nation's tax, trade, social security, and health care systems. He also served on the Agriculture, Energy and Natural Resources, Ethics, Veterans Affairs, and Aging Committees.
http://www.doi.gov/welcome.html

I thought Bush and Chenney are the oil guys. I guess with Obama just follow the oil slick/$$$$$$$$ and it leads back to BP. I guess thats why he told them to quit pointing fingers because he knew where it woul lead.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

News Flash: Big businesses lobby the government.

But, it's true: all politicians are crooks.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
From The Article:
During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.
http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=5798

It gets better.


From The Article:
Two newspapers reported Friday that drilling plans received approval from the Obama administration without the permits required under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
The Washington Post and New York Times said the approvals included the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded last month, killing 11 people and leading to the spill of millions of gallons of oil.
The Arizona-based Center for Biological Diversity has filed a notice to sue Salazar for ignoring the laws when granting the permits. The group said Interior has approved three lease sales, more than 100 seismic surveys and more than 300 drilling operations without the required permits.
"Under Salazar's watch, the Department of the Interior has treated the Gulf of Mexico as a sacrifice area where laws are ignored and wildlife protection takes a backseat to oil-company profits," said Miyoko Sakashita, the center's oceans director.
MMS is required to get permits under the two environmental laws for drilling that might harm endangered species or marine mammals.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INTERIOR_OFFSHORE_DRILLING?SITE=WHIZ&SECTION=HO ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

So Who is this guy called Salazar:

From The Article:
Ken Salazar, a fifth generation Coloradan, was confirmed as the 50th Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior on January 20, 2009, in a unanimous vote by the U.S. Senate.
Prior to his confirmation, Salazar served as Colorado's 35th United States Senator, winning election in November 2004 and serving on the Finance Committee, which oversees the nation's tax, trade, social security, and health care systems. He also served on the Agriculture, Energy and Natural Resources, Ethics, Veterans Affairs, and Aging Committees.
http://www.doi.gov/welcome.html

I thought Bush and Chenney are the oil guys. I guess with Obama just follow the oil slick/$$$$$$$$ and it leads back to BP. I guess thats why he told them to quit pointing fingers because he knew where it woul lead.
News flash! they bet on winners.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Shocker.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

The getting money from BP PAC is not true but people who happen to work for BP were/are free to donate to Obama. My company has one of the best ties you could have with the Obama administration but I didn't donate to him because I work for them...I will show up as Company XYZ contributor but I don't give a shit about Company XYZ's political philosophy/affiliation.


Anywho, this is Obama's problem and he is indeed in charge. Hopefully this will never happen again. I feel good that this sort of thing will be less likely to happen given that he is planning to split the Minerals Management Service (can you say conflict of interest?) into two agencies.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

BP oil spill: “Bush administration allowed safety precautions to be circumvented”
energyoilUnited States.While US senators grill BP over the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, it has emerged that it was the US government itself - under George W. Bush - which allowed oil companies to leave out a safety device which would have prevented the explosion on 20 April. An American environmentalist tells us: "Our politicians are beholden to the oil companies".
well, first?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Well I just find it funny how all the liberals have run around and still do to this day about Bush and big oil and now we find out that Mr Green/Obama let them drill without proper permits.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash - Kung Fu Magazine Forums The fourth highest recipient of BP money in the same time period is George W. Bush. The fifth highest recipient is John McCain. In the 2000 and 2004 cycles, ...
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Bush's buddies from Haliburton are major players in this mess. imagine that
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
BP oil spill: “Bush administration allowed safety precautions to be circumvented”
energyoilUnited States.While US senators grill BP over the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, it has emerged that it was the US government itself - under George W. Bush - which allowed oil companies to leave out a safety device which would have prevented the explosion on 20 April. An American environmentalist tells us: "Our politicians are beholden to the oil companies".
well, first?
Then you better call the Washington Post & The New York Times because they reported that the drilling plans received were approved from the Obama administration. So I guess we still blame Bush even though Obama's office gave the approval?

Two newspapers reported Friday that drilling plans received approval from the Obama administration without the permits required under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
The Washington Post and New York Times said the approvals included the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded last month, killing 11 people and leading to the spill of millions of gallons of oil.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Bush's buddies from Haliburton are major players in this mess. imagine that
Now its Haliburton. I guess next we can blame Regan.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,389
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

If you all can't see that both parties have their hands in the pots, nothing is going to open your eyes.

Like my 11 and 13 yo, he started it, no he did, i did not he did didnotdidtodidnotdiddididdididididididnot at some point it don't matter who started it both of them gotta straighten up
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

it has nothing to do with drilling. it has everything to do with circumventing safety devices( that are deemed too expensive by the oil companies)
and the reason i post this shit is because behind the party, these guys are all the same. the views may be different, but they are all whores when it comes to money. NO exceptions
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash - Kung Fu Magazine Forums The fourth highest recipient of BP money in the same time period is George W. Bush. The fifth highest recipient is John McCain. In the 2000 and 2004 cycles, ...
How could Mr Oil/Bush be forth and McCain 5th and Obama beat out both of them. Now we find out he gave drilling rights without permits and now we have this disaster. HMMM
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
it has nothing to do with drilling. it has everything to do with circumventing safety devices( that are deemed too expensive by the oil companies)
and the reason i post this shit is because behind the party, these guys are all the same. the views may be different, but they are all whores when it comes to money. NO exceptions
Well we can agree with that. I just like poking at my liberal friends. When this first happened they were the ones who brought up the drill baby drill crap. Its now that we find out its the Obama administration who gave the to drill.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29657 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25