Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

...and I really loved Clint as a Redskin.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

For the record i don't care about Didier's political belief's, per se. Just interesting that most people that either hate or like Sarah Palin could care less about who Clint Didier is.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Good for him. Better than having the President endorse him, he seems to be the kiss of death.

VA Governor = L
NJ Governor = L
MA Senate (Brown) = L
PA Senate (Spector) = L

Chicago Olympics...

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Damn you, Buster. i was hoping my homie Firstdown was going to reply first! Oh well...

Yeah, Obama's endorsements are fail big time. I think he needs to chill for a while. Hell, maybe he should endorse a Tea Party candidate!

I could make a case about Coakley and Spector, but I really don't feel like going there. That is until Firstdown weighs in!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Poor bastard is going to get crushed...hopefully Dino will cut the crap and enter the race...then again who wants to be a 3 time loser?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Yeah after Rand Paul's latetest blunder, I have a feeling that the Tea Party and it's candidates will start to finally come under more scrutiny. But again, that's not what this thread is about
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yeah after Rand Paul's latetest blunder, I have a feeling that the Tea Party and it's candidates will start to finally come under more scrutiny. But again, that's not what this thread is about
What was Paul's blunder?

I was about to say that with his win the other night, that's a sure sign that the national parties no longer get to dicate to the voters who the candidates will be -- and that's a good thing.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

How about being against the 1964 Civil Rights Act? You know, the one that bared business from treating black folks like animals?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
What was Paul's blunder?

I was about to say that with his win the other night, that's a sure sign that the national parties no longer get to dicate to the voters who the candidates will be -- and that's a good thing.
From the Rachel Maddow show:
Maddow: Do you think that a private business has a right to say that 'We don't serve black people?'

Paul:
I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form. I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race. Butdo discriminate.
But I think what's important in this debate is not getting into any specific "gotcha" on this, but asking the question 'What about freedom of speech?' Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent. Should we limit racists from speaking. I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things that freedom requires is that
we allow people to be boorish and uncivilized, but that doesn't mean we approve of it...
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Oh good christ. They're after him because of what he said about legislation passed over 40 years ago when he was a year old?

It looks as though he has problems with the idea of government forcing private businesses to accept customers they don't want to accept -- much like the reasons Barry Goldwater was against the law. Not because he was a racist or that he hated blacks. Mainly that it was not an area where the federal government has any constitutional jurisdiction.

From a strictly libertarian point of view -- can anyone articulate what the difference is between being forced to allow a customer into your private business and being forced to allow someone into your home?

At what point does the question of freedom of association come into this?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #11
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Oh good christ. They're after him because of what he said about legislation passed over 40 years ago when he was a year old?

It looks as though he has problems with the idea of government forcing private businesses to accept customers they don't want to accept -- much like the reasons Barry Goldwater was against the law. Not because he was a racist or that he hated blacks. Mainly that it was not an area where the federal government has any constitutional jurisdiction.

From a strictly libertarian point of view -- can anyone articulate what the difference is between being forced to allow a customer into your private business and being forced to allow someone into your home?

At what point does the question of freedom of association come into this?
I'm going to pretend I did not read that.....Big Brother not welcome...must be a racist?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I'm going to pretend I did not read that.....Big Brother not welcome...must be a racist?
Yep, this is one of those touchy areas where someone can offer a genuine, reasoned argument that's completely devoid of any racism whatsover, who lays out a case against certain portions of what happens to be a historically popular piece of legislation that signified the end of one of our darkest points, -- and yet still be labelled a racist.

If you speak up for the property rights, speech rights, or freedom of religion of a hated group or individual, then inevitably you become part of that hated group or individual.

Gotta love the Democratic Party -- playing to the nuanced views of their voters.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

She just can't stand to stay out of the spotlight. She didn't even govern a real state.. and didn't even stay her term. Fuck quitters.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 AM   #14
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yep, this is one of those touchy areas where someone can offer a genuine, reasoned argument that's completely devoid of any racism whatsover, who lays out a case against certain portions of what happens to be a historically popular piece of legislation that signified the end of one of our darkest points, -- and yet still be labelled a racist.

If you speak up for the property rights, speech rights, or freedom of religion of a hated group or individual, then inevitably you become part of that hated group or individual.

Gotta love the Democratic Party -- playing to the nuanced views of their voters.
Stay on the sideline until you're strong enough and ready to enter a game that requires critical thinking. We wouldn't want you to get a concussions now would we?


p.s. No wonder Libertarians never win any elections...what bunch of silly people.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Clint Didier For Senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Stay on the sideline until you're strong enough and ready to enter a game that requires critical thinking. We wouldn't want you to get a concussions now would we?


p.s. No wonder Libertarians never win any elections...what bunch of silly people.
Notice how this post doesn't ever actually offer any critical thinking.

Lame threats, grade school retorts, nothing of substance -- typical from you.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27207 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25