Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


A Felon in the White House?

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Its a felony that the other party voted for the same war. Oh, they got tricked. Maybe if they actually did something other then sit on their fat ass and bitch they may have come up with why we should not go to war. Instead they vote for the war then when it becomes unpopular to be for the war they tuck their little whinning asses around and act like they never voted for the war.

well, yes, they were lied to, but i generally agree that they all went right along with it. of course at the time it was political sucide not to. and they didn't have the balls to try to stop the war cuz that would have been "cutting off funds needed by Our Troops."

Dennis Kucinich was the only one who had the balls to vote against the Patriot Act and (i think) the war. of course he gets painted as a whackjob kook. go figure.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Political suicide: the most accepted reason to toss your morals and campaign platform aside to ensure that the future will have as many lucerative political opportunities as the present.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #18
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Is the president obtaining anything of value? Asking someone not to run is of value? I don't think so.
A hand-picked Senator who will vote for his agenda is of HUGE value in an upcoming election that doesn't look like it will bode well for his plans/party.

Just take a look at the facts instead of blindly defending your President and being naive.

I don't agree with everything that the politicians I vote for 100% of the time and I do oppose them when I disagree. It's not a BAD thing, it's being honest and having a brain of your own.

I understand you're in one of the most liberal cities in the nation and it may be uncommon and frowned upon to criticize your "messiah", but you'll be a better person for it.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #19
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I don't see what's so hard to understand about this as it relates to Sestak:

Federal code Section 18 USC 600 says that a federal official cannot promise employment, a job in the federal government, in return for a political act.

You're talking to someone who ignored a LOT to put this man into office...I don't think you'll get through now. Besides, he recommends we should "try looking things up sometimes"...he has to know what he's talking about. Facts just get in his way because he KNOWS he is right. His mother told him so.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Is it too early to bring up Watergate?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I don't see what's so hard to understand about this as it relates to Sestak:

Federal code Section 18 USC 600 says that a federal official cannot promise employment, a job in the federal government, in return for a political act.
I stand corrected, it is a federal offense...now the question is how do you get a conviction under this law?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Asking someone not to run is fine but offering them a job not to run is not legal. Its nice how the Obama office is with holding the names when he ran on having an open whitehouse. I guess thats just another promise that he has broken.
You don't say "Hay firstdown, don't run, I'll give you a job." You say "Hay firstdown, you know Specter is running...are you planning on running? I have a job that's a better fit for you if you're interested."
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Sestak the new Sammy the Bull.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
well, yes, they were lied to, but i generally agree that they all went right along with it. of course at the time it was political sucide not to. and they didn't have the balls to try to stop the war cuz that would have been "cutting off funds needed by Our Troops."

Dennis Kucinich was the only one who had the balls to vote against the Patriot Act and (i think) the war. of course he gets painted as a whackjob kook. go figure.
He is a kook. That mofo is crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if he a Bristol Palin blow up doll tied up and chained upside down in a fetal position.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #25
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Is it too early to bring up Watergate?
I don't think Obama is that careless, but again I could be wrong. If he has messed up might as well bend BP over backwards for kicks, and let all the Mexicans run free. Just saying.
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You have been watching the news because they gave the same type of example. By the way what's up and do you have any plans for the weekend?
There is no way in hell you can get a conviction if the coversation was similar to what I said. No way!

I'm doing great....I have no plans for the weekened except not work and play video games. I speent all las week on vacation so I'm all done with doing stuff for this weekend. You? Is it fishing season yet?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
is it a felony to knowingly lie the country into war?
Who did that?

Colin Powell: In 2004 and 2005 Colin Powell acknowledged that much of his 2003 UN presentation was inaccurate: "I looked at the four [sources] that [the CIA] gave me for [the mobile bio-labs], and they stood behind them, ... Now it appears not to be the case that it was that solid. At the time I was preparing the presentation, it was presented to me as being solid.[11] April 3, 2004
I feel terrible ... [giving the speech] ... It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world, and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now.[12] 2005"
“I looked at the four [sources] that [the CIA] gave me for [the mobile bio-labs], and they stood behind them, ... Now it appears not to be the case that it was that solid. At the time I was preparing the presentation, it was presented to me as being solid.[11] April 3, 2004 I feel terrible ... [giving the speech] ... It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world, and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now.[12] 2005


Hillary Clinton: "Obviously, I've thought about that a lot in the months since," she said. "No, I don't regret giving the president authority because at the time it was in the context of weapons of mass destruction, grave threats to the United States, and clearly, Saddam Hussein had been a real problem for the international community for more than a decade."

John Kerry: Sept. 2004: “We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda, I would not have gone to war. That's plain and simple."

But on Aug. 9, 2004, when asked if he would still have gone to war knowing Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, Kerry said: “Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have.” Speaking to reporters at the edge of the Grand Canyon, he added: “[Although] I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has."

In May 2003, at the first Democratic primary debate, John Kerry said his vote authorizing the president to use force was the “right decision” though he would have “preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity.”

Jay Rockefeller (Chair of Senate Intel Committee): On October 10, 2002, he said, "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years... The global community – in the form of the United Nations – has declared repeatedly, through multiple resolutions, that the frightening prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam cannot come to pass. But the U.N. has been unable to enforce those resolutions. We must eliminate that threat now, before it is too late... Saddam Hussein represents a grave threat to the United States, and I have concluded we must use force to deal with him if all other means fail."[5]

Head of CIA at the time of Iraq War Resolution: George Tenent, a Clinton hold-over.

This is about the Obama Admin. not something that happened 7-8 years ago. What's the name of the that left wacko group we always used to hear about, oh yeah....moveon.org
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #28
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Who did that?

Colin Powell: In 2004 and 2005 Colin Powell acknowledged that much of his 2003 UN presentation was inaccurate: "I looked at the four [sources] that [the CIA] gave me for [the mobile bio-labs], and they stood behind them, ... Now it appears not to be the case that it was that solid. At the time I was preparing the presentation, it was presented to me as being solid.[11] April 3, 2004
I feel terrible ... [giving the speech] ... It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world, and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now.[12] 2005"
“I looked at the four [sources] that [the CIA] gave me for [the mobile bio-labs], and they stood behind them, ... Now it appears not to be the case that it was that solid. At the time I was preparing the presentation, it was presented to me as being solid.[11] April 3, 2004 I feel terrible ... [giving the speech] ... It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world, and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now.[12] 2005


Hillary Clinton: "Obviously, I've thought about that a lot in the months since," she said. "No, I don't regret giving the president authority because at the time it was in the context of weapons of mass destruction, grave threats to the United States, and clearly, Saddam Hussein had been a real problem for the international community for more than a decade."

John Kerry: Sept. 2004: “We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda, I would not have gone to war. That's plain and simple."

But on Aug. 9, 2004, when asked if he would still have gone to war knowing Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, Kerry said: “Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have.” Speaking to reporters at the edge of the Grand Canyon, he added: “[Although] I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has."

In May 2003, at the first Democratic primary debate, John Kerry said his vote authorizing the president to use force was the “right decision” though he would have “preferred if we had given diplomacy a greater opportunity.”

Jay Rockefeller (Chair of Senate Intel Committee): On October 10, 2002, he said, "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years... The global community – in the form of the United Nations – has declared repeatedly, through multiple resolutions, that the frightening prospect of a nuclear-armed Saddam cannot come to pass. But the U.N. has been unable to enforce those resolutions. We must eliminate that threat now, before it is too late... Saddam Hussein represents a grave threat to the United States, and I have concluded we must use force to deal with him if all other means fail."[5]

Head of CIA at the time of Iraq War Resolution: George Tenent, a Clinton hold-over.

This is about the Obama Admin. not something that happened 7-8 years ago. What's the name of the that left wacko group we always used to hear about, oh yeah....moveon.org


why do you hate America?
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
why do you hate America?
+1 credibility point for you.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #30
Special Teams
 
Rainy Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 269
Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
+1 credibility point for you.

thanks!

but seriously, you're reply was well researched and i realize that all of the ills of govt are the fault of both parties. do i prefer Obama's approach/philosophy, etc over Bush? sure. but no sense in arguing back in forth on a message board. we're not gonna change each other's mind.

so my "lie into war" was perhaps off topic or flippant.... but really. "everybody does it" and "technically this wasn't illegal or provable as such" is the defense for all this crap on both sides.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38189 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25