Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


What's up with the cops these days?

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #121
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Was the Grandfather Left Bloody by Police at Arizona Walmart Really Resisting Arrest? | Jerald Allen Newman | Video | TheBlaze.com



I like the show Cops, but one thing that really makes me upset is when cops knock the crap out of a suspect for no reason. It usually happens when they do drug set ups. The undercover cop will buy or sell drugs and then as the suspect is walking away a bunch of cops will swarm a suspect. The suspect is caught by surprise and usually just stands there and then a cop will just tackle the shit out of him from behind.

Look i get someone is running away, reaching for something, looking like they might act aggressively or resisting but there is no reason to just tackle the shit out of someone that just committed a minor and non violent crime. Its ridiculous.

Prime example from a show i remember watching:

Cops unnecessary tackle - YouTube
I guess no one that sells drugs ever carries a gun and they would never use them. Cops have families and want to make it home alive. The minute they let their guard down is when something bad happens.
firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I guess no one that sells drugs ever carries a gun and they would never use them. Cops have families and want to make it home alive. The minute they let their guard down is when something bad happens.
I just think that almost all of the tackles and take downs i see on Cops are completely unnecessary. When someone is completely unaware that they are under arrest or gives up once they are being placed under arrest i dont think its necessary to tackle and slam them to the ground. Everyone thats not engaging in violent behavior should be given the option to surrender themselves without being assulted first.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Surveillance Video Shows Cop Tasering Keshana Wilson in Allentown | Video | TheBlaze.com
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #124
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I just think that almost all of the tackles and take downs i see on Cops are completely unnecessary. When someone is completely unaware that they are under arrest or gives up once they are being placed under arrest i dont think its necessary to tackle and slam them to the ground. Everyone thats not engaging in violent behavior should be given the option to surrender themselves without being assulted first.
I'll agree with you there are times I've seen some tackles and wondered... uh, why did they go through all that? but keep in mind we the people might not be getting all the information from the show that the police have. My example might be that the police were informed that the suspect has had several previous arrests, or they might have been known to fight the police from a previous arrest. Under those situations they will not give the suspect an opportunity to do anything. It's all about police safety.

Another issue is most drug users or dealers don't want to get caught and will most likely run with the attempt to throw the drug away (losing evidence) or they might try to swallow the drug to get rid of evidence. The whole point of doing what your saying is obsurd is to catch the bad guy off guard and get him to the ground with out having to chase him, fight him, or tazer him.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #125
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll agree with you there are times I've seen some tackles and wondered... uh, why did they go through all that? but keep in mind we the people might not be getting all the information from the show that the police have. My example might be that the police were informed that the suspect has had several previous arrests, or they might have been known to fight the police from a previous arrest. Under those situations they will not give the suspect an opportunity to do anything. It's all about police safety.

Another issue is most drug users or dealers don't want to get caught and will most likely run with the attempt to throw the drug away (losing evidence) or they might try to swallow the drug to get rid of evidence. The whole point of doing what your saying is obsurd is to catch the bad guy off guard and get him to the ground with out having to chase him, fight him, or tazer him.
In my opinion i think its all about public safety.


If someone freely chooses to join the infantry, become a firefighter, or to be crabber on deadliest catch they do so with the knowledge that their job is inherently dangerous. If someone doesnt want to be subjected to great risk then dont become a police officer, its literally that simple. Never do i think a person should be subject to battery without first given a chance to voluntary surrender. Im a Blackstone guy in that id rather see 10 go free than one wrongly punished so those views bleed into this one for me.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #126
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
In my opinion i think its all about public safety.


If someone freely chooses to join the infantry, become a firefighter, or to be crabber on deadliest catch they do so with the knowledge that their job is inherently dangerous. If someone doesnt want to be subjected to great risk then dont become a police officer, its literally that simple. Never do i think a person should be subject to battery without first given a chance to voluntary surrender. Im a Blackstone guy in that id rather see 10 go free than one wrongly punished so those views bleed into this one for me.
so a dead cop is better than an uneccessary tackle?

I mean, I guess it's all context about whether a specific action is really warranted, but sometimes things move fast and some people react badly or misread the situation. I mean, I'm all against police brutality, but what if they see a gun?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now  
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #127
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
so a dead cop is better than an uneccessary tackle?

I mean, I guess it's all context about whether a specific action is really warranted, but sometimes things move fast and some people react badly or misread the situation. I mean, I'm all against police brutality, but what if they see a gun?
I completely agree its all about the specific situation. I mis-typed when i said:

"Never do i think a person should be subject to battery without first given a chance to voluntary surrender."

I meant, Never do i think a person should be subject to battery by a public servant without fist given the chance to voluntary surrender unless they pose an imminent serious threat to themselves, public safety or the police officer.

There are many situations where i think tackling a guy to a ground is absolute correct course of action. A guy in the Cops video above walking away after buying some weed is not one of them.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #128
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Florida Man Tortured and Pepper-Sprayed to Death by Police | Care2 Causes
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #129
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

it doesnt get more sick than that. Its generally shameful how we treat the mentally ill in this country, this takes it to a whole other level. Being Cops you can assure they will get off
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #130
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,478
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Video game sting takes down East St. Louis police chief | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

Quote:
Ironically, this isn't the former chief's first brush with the other side of the law. It turns out Baxton had two felony convictions from 1982 before he was appointed: one for theft and another for burglary. Those convictions were expunged in 1989.
Two felony convictions and this guy makes it to police chief?...lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #131
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,174
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Online video captures moment cops shoot, kill man outside Carl's Jr. in California - NY Daily News


imo this shooting was justified, the amount of shots seem excessive but i do think he had to be shot. they attempt to taser the guy, in the face none the less, at about the 38 second mark and shot him at about the 48 second mark. right before he gets shot he lunges toward one of the cops with the hammer, the other cop didn't waste a second and shot him instantly. again i think this guy had to be shot, they tried tasing him and he walked it off, if they would have let the dog go he would have beaten the dog and probably ended its career. people like this really have no place in society what so ever, but at the end of the day some one died and that is unfortunate.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Robert Leone Beaten By Pennsylvania State Police in Dash Cam Video Posted on YouTube | Video | TheBlaze.com
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #133
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

The cops beat down white people every now and then so people don't think they are racist. Looks like they knock one eye shut and the other one crooked.

firstdown is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #134
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The cops beat down white people every now and then so people don't think they are racist.
Perhaps it was this black guy that they beat that forced them to beat that white guy to take the heat of the first beating? Sneaky ass racist cops.

Zachary King, Man Beaten and Arrested For Carrying Legal Gun, Says He Wasn’t Drinking in Blaze Interview | TheBlaze.com

__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #135
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: What's up with the cops these days?

that video makes my stomach curl. Cant believe cop still has a job.

FD, thats effed up logic
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30311 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25