Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #136
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

scud, if Obama waits to collect all of the facts, its " why is he taking so long?" if he acts immediately, it " why not wait to get all the facts?" which way would you like it? he waited with the spill, and you screamed on him. he reacted immediately with her, and you screamed on him. we already know your political views. don't keep backing it up with this nonsense
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #137
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't know why that's sad, we should celebrate
It's sad because what he's saying is, we have a shitty government because the general populace is a bunch of schmucks!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #138
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't know why that's sad, we should celebrate
I dunno, but somehow felt like I was rooting for a Dallas win in order for the Skins to get in the playoffs

__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #139
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
scud, if Obama waits to collect all of the facts, its " why is he taking so long?" if he acts immediately, it " why not wait to get all the facts?" which way would you like it? he waited with the spill, and you screamed on him. he reacted immediately with her, and you screamed on him. we already know your political views. don't keep backing it up with this nonsense
Nonsense? Comparing this to the spill is what's nonsense. Two totally different situations on so many levels that require two different reactions. Pretty obvious. Now shhhh. I'm listening to Gibbs right now, who just said that "members of this administration made determinations and judgments without the full set of facts. Mrs. Sherrod is owed an apology on behalf of this administration."

There you go. Straight from the mouthpiece of your Lord.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #140
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
scud, if Obama waits to collect all of the facts, its " why is he taking so long?" if he acts immediately, it " why not wait to get all the facts?" which way would you like it? he waited with the spill, and you screamed on him. he reacted immediately with her, and you screamed on him. we already know your political views. don't keep backing it up with this nonsense
You know what I'm saying...the administration overreacted for sure but these people really don't give a sh*t what happened so long as they can say "look, the goofballs f'ed up again."
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #141
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You know what I'm saying...the administration overreacted for sure but these people really don't give a sh*t what happened so long as they can say "look, the goofballs f'ed up again."
Not true. I care. I'm no Obama supporter to be sure, but unlike blowhards like Limbaugh, I'm not cheering for him to fail. But I'll damn sure point it out when he screws the pooch.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #142
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I will not go as far to say she is not a racist because I think the way she expressed what she was saying had a racist sound. I'm not sure there is anything wrong with that back when she said that and knowing her father was kill by a few white men. Is she a racist today I don't know and not sure how you can say its quite obvious she is not a racist when you don't really know any thing about her.
Have you watched the entire clip or at least read about it?

I'm guessing no.

Here's the deal. She was telling a story of how she was faced with helping a white farmer save his farm. She struggled with this as she couldn't help but think of how many black farmers had lost their farms and here she is having to help a white person with the same issue. At that time she felt that whites had advantages over blacks and were treated better. But having worked with the white farmer she came to realize that the problem was bigger than black vs white and it was an experience that helped her grow as a person. I'm pretty confident she's not a racist.

Former Agriculture Department Official Denies Racism, Is Backed By Fuller Video; Secretary Vilsack Stands By Her Firing* - Political Punch
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #143
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
It's sad because what he's saying is, we have a shitty government because the general populace is a bunch of schmucks!
Our govt. has it's share of issues - no doubt. It is, however, far from shitty. Somalia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Sudan - now that's shitty (or non-existent) government.

You would probably do well there. It's all about who has the biggest gun and not seeing civilization as anything more than your local tribe/clan/(insert hunter-gatherer grouping of choice).
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #144
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Our govt. has it's share of issues - no doubt. It is, however, far from shitty. Somalia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Sudan - now that's shitty (or non-existent) government.

You would probably do well there. It's all about who has the biggest gun and not seeing civilization as anything more than your local tribe/clan/(insert hunter-gatherer grouping of choice).
That's like saying, eating gritts everyday sucks but at least it's not sawdust.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #145
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

You know what? In Oakland, I can walk into the street. Shout at the top of my lungs, "I HATE THIS F'ing CITY AND THE MAYOR IS AN IDIOT, THE POLICE ARE CORRUPT AND GOD BLESS THE KKK".

Now, the local population may take offence, I may have to beat a hasty retreat and the "idiot police" may just look the other way (proving the truth of my statement) as I run from those other members of the populace that who wish to persuade me about the error of my beliefs.

BUT, guess what, the police won't hunt me down to make an example of me. The mayor won't enact laws to ban or jail me. My mail will still come to my house. My driver's license won't be revoked. My taxes won't increase relative to those who support the police and mayor. I won't have to pay off a corrupt govt. official to get my trashed picked up the next day. The local utilities won't be able to charge me (as opposed to my neighbor) more for services rendered. etc. etc.

You're living with 300,000,000 other people in the US, Trample - deal.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #146
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Our govt. has it's share of issues - no doubt. It is, however, far from shitty. Somalia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Sudan - now that's shitty (or non-existent) government.

You would probably do well there. It's all about who has the biggest gun and not seeing civilization as anything more than your local tribe/clan/(insert hunter-gatherer grouping of choice).
Our gov't fails an awful lot , I think we are great because of the declerations , Bill of Rights , laws that were written years ago , much more than todays idiots . Our Corporations , small businesses not our elected officials turn our wheels and drive our jobs / economy , while Washington has continued to ring up debt and deficits . When we spend < local > 5 million dollars for a 70 ft stretch of highway , or use 2 million more on a 60 ft long < 4 ft. tall > bridge ... and it take over half a year ... thats bad . I agree that we are much better off here < I have never left our borders , nor will I > Washington needs to improve a great deal ... as they should do what is best for we the people .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #147
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
That's like saying, eating gritts everyday sucks but at least it's not sawdust.
1. Ain't nothing wrong with a daily plate o' grits.

2. Okay then - "shitty" compared to what? "shitty" compared to a perfect world in which we all agree on everything? "Shitty" compared to a govt. of a country with a population of 5,000,000 in which approximately only 20-30% of that population can actually vote? "Shitty" compared to Denmark?

The federal, state, and local system all have their flaws all overlap and all could be much better. That's what happens when 300 million, 43 million (population of California), and 400K (Oakland) or so people all have a voice in how the union, the state and the city will be governed.

Amazingly, not everyone agrees with one another.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #148
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You know what? In Oakland, I can walk into the street. Shout at the top of my lungs, "I HATE THIS F'ing CITY AND THE MAYOR IS AN IDIOT, THE POLICE ARE CORRUPT AND GOD BLESS THE KKK".

Now, the local population may take offence, I may have to beat a hasty retreat and the "idiot police" may just look the other way (proving the truth of my statement) as I run from those other members of the populace that who wish to persuade me about the error of my beliefs.

BUT, guess what, the police won't hunt me down to make an example of me. The mayor won't enact laws to ban or jail me. My mail will still come to my house. My driver's license won't be revoked. My taxes won't increase relative to those who support the police and mayor. I won't have to pay off a corrupt govt. official to get my trashed picked up the next day. The local utilities won't be able to charge me (as opposed to my neighbor) more for services rendered. etc. etc.

You're living with 300,000,000 other people in the US, Trample - deal.
That's not all you can do in Oakland.

Oakland Police Chief Threatens To Cut 911-Service If Layoffs Go As Planned
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #149
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Our gov't fails an awful lot , I think we are great because of the declerations , Bill of Rights , laws that were written years ago , much more than todays idiots . Our Corporations , small businesses not our elected officials turn our wheels and drive our jobs / economy , while Washington has continued to ring up debt and deficits . When we spend < local > 5 million dollars for a 70 ft stretch of highway , or use 2 million more on a 60 ft long < 4 ft. tall > bridge ... and it take over half a year ... thats bad . I agree that we are much better off here < I have never left our borders , nor will I > Washington needs to improve a great deal ... as they should do what is best for we the people .
Okay, here is the list of countries with poplations of greater than 150 million:

1 China (1,338,760,000)
2 India (1,183,669,000)
3 United States (309,786,000)
4 Indonesia (234,181,400)
5 Brazil (193,253,000)
6 Pakistan (170,064,500)
7 Bangladesh (164,425,000)
8 Nigeria (158,259,000)

Which of these is doing a better job than us in terms of governing a huge mass of people (actually wayyy beyond huge)?

Yup. Our founding documents were inspired - but we are no longer an 18th century minor nation in a pre-industrialized world.

With 300 million people and multiple layers of government striving to both keep those 300 million people unified, protect their wide ranging iintereste, while at the same time give them a voice in federal and local govt. -- GUESS WHAT?? Waste & corruption happen. It is not the apocalypse, it is not the end of the govt., it is not a conspiracy - it just is. And we 300 million people muddle along trying to keep it together and not blow ourselves apart by finding inspiration in those timeless founding documents that were written by a bunch of (very smart) privileged white men for the benefit of privileged white men.


Did I mention there are 300 million of us?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #150
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
What's your point? That Oakland's and California's populations made dumb choices that spent themselves into massive debt that will impede their ability to provide basic services? I agree. Was it corruption that caused the debt? undoubtedly some. Was it government waste? yup. Was it a lack of foresight by the voters? ding ding ding!!!! Ultimately, California's and Oakland's voters are going to have to pay the piper.

Does that mean Oakland is going to devolve into Somalia-like anarchy? Call me an optimist, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps it drops a few spots in "Best places in the US to live" - but, even w/ those problems, you think anyone will be saying "If only this were Bangladesh"?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32501 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25