Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
We need to raise the Soicial Security age by 5 years. Let the flower children pay for all this debt they have caused this country to have. The Tea Party are the flower children. You can look at them and tell. They still think it's the 60's. LOL!!!!
Screw em! They're gonna die anyway!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trample the elderly View Post
screw em! They're gonna die anyway!
lol!!!
__________________
BP Bush/Palin 2012
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #33
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Interesting. It's easy to point at the deficit but it ain't easy to leave countries we have invaded. We are gonna spend a trillion on the wars this year. That's is the first step to stop the defeicit. Bush never counted the wars that's why they can point and say Obama ran up the deficit. The deficit is higher simply because Obama counts the wars toward the deficit and Bush didn't.

We don't have the political will to cut spending.

1. Being the troops home, and that cuts most of the deficit right there. Almost all of it.
2. Foreign aid. Yeah cut it all. Cut that before start trying to cut Americans.

Then we can talk about the rest. 65%of Israeili men do not work and having babies 4 and 5 kids. Bump that. How you gonna occupy a country and can't even feed your own kids? That's dumb, you setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Deficit solved. "The war is making you poor!!!!"
Bush did include some war spending in his budget but its has always been counted against the deficit. Pretty much the same thing that Obama is doing. In the end the deficit is the deficit no matter what the budget was.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #34
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
We need to raise the Soicial Security age by 5 years. Let the flower children pay for all this debt they have caused this country to have. The Tea Party are the flower children. You can look at them and tell. They still think it's the 60's. LOL!!!!
The only reason we need to raise the age on SS is because the government took our money and spent it on something other then what it was collect for in the first place. You liberals bitch and complain every time some company rips off people and spends their money on other stuff but you have no problem with the government doing this with your money month after month. If I did with customers money what they do with SS money I would be in jail. The government does with tax payers money what Madoff did with investors money with the only difference that the government can pay back my money they spent by taxing some other poor ass to pay for my retirement. Madoff did not have that unlimited fund but if he did he would still be ripping off people today. The government can have their SS and shove it up their a$$. And that my friend is how I feel about that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
He says that because he knows he is part of the problem the one like the people in the Tea Party want to see gone. He wishes the Tea Party would go away and when they run someone against has ass he can sit at home and talk about how they are fading away some more. The left is just as scared of this growing movement. Hell I might donate some money to them because we need other choices then what we have in DC today. What is Congresses approval rating 18% or something like that so I know I'm not the only one who feels we need change.
Congress' approval rating is at 18% only because Republicans keep filibustering everything! If Democrats were to get a majority in the Senate then you would see the filibustering stop and their ratings go up.
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

hmm, i seem to remember the democrats filibustering a lot as well, (and republicans crying about it) bottom line that is a tool of the minority, and both parties know how to use it (to the detriment of the country, imo)
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #37
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Congress' approval rating is at 18% only because Republicans keep filibustering everything! If Democrats were to get a majority in the Senate then you would see the filibustering stop and their ratings go up.
Yea right. Maybe its because they all suck and they all need to go.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Congress' approval rating is at 18% only because Republicans keep filibustering everything! If Democrats were to get a majority in the Senate then you would see the filibustering stop and their ratings go up.


Last time I checked the Dems had a majority in the Senate. They had a supermajority (minority doesn't have enough votes to keep a filibuster going) until the special election was held to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Kennedy's passing was won...in liberal Mass....by a Republican. If that's not an indictment of the Democratic controlled Congress I don't know what is.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
hmm, i seem to remember the democrats filibustering a lot as well, (and republicans crying about it) bottom line that is a tool of the minority, and both parties know how to use it (to the detriment of the country, imo)
Dude, Dems never ever filbustered every single bill that came across the Senate Floor for one whole term of Congress. Not ever! So, Trying to compare Republican Filibustering to Democrat Filibustering is like trying to compare George Bush's English to an English Teacher's English.......................It just doesn't make any sense.
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #40
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Dude, Dems never ever filbustered every single bill that came across the Senate Floor for one whole term of Congress. Not ever! So, Trying to compare Republican Filibustering to Democrat Filibustering is like trying to compare George Bush's English to an English Teacher's English.......................It just doesn't make any sense.
I'm not going to give history lessons, I am sure others are better, but I promise if you look back, at the period when every judicial nominee was held up due to democratic filibusters, you would find that the democrats have used that tool with a heavy hand when they felt they had too.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
hmm, i seem to remember the democrats filibustering a lot as well, (and republicans crying about it) bottom line that is a tool of the minority, and both parties know how to use it (to the detriment of the country, imo)
a filibuster is not necessarily a bad thing, it prevents a simple majority from running wild over the minority. A pure democracy (simple majority rule) is not a good thing.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,732
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
a filibuster is not necessarily a bad thing, it prevents a simple majority from running wild over the minority. A pure democracy (simple majority rule) is not a good thing.
I agree, and when a party has no other recourse, yes it is going to use the filibuster as it's tool. It's there for a reason and I understand it. When I said to the detriment, I just have a vivid memory of judicial seats going unfilled due to the Democratic minority filibustering to prevent certain appointments. I guess the bigger point that you make is it is a tool of last resort that prevents a minority from being overrun without due process, and that is a good thing to keep the system in balance.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
Special Teams
 
Miller101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 362
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post


Last time I checked the Dems had a majority in the Senate. They had a supermajority (minority doesn't have enough votes to keep a filibuster going) until the special election was held to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Kennedy's passing was won...in liberal Mass....by a Republican. If that's not an indictment of the Democratic controlled Congress I don't know what is.


The Democrats never have had a majority in the Senate! Sixty Seats is a majority in the Senate! 60! And thats just breaking even! The most they have had in this term is 58. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Your Republican pals filibuster everything that comes along. Every single bill!!! Thats why I said that we need to get some more Democrats in the Senate. So the Republican Filibuster can be broken. Then and only then things will start getting done. The American People will be happy to see things get done and their ratings will go up. On the other hand, If it stays the way it is now......................................with Republicans still holding power. Our country could very well stay in the freakin dirt!
__________________
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,683
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post


The Democrats never have had a majority in the Senate! Sixty Seats is a majority in the Senate! 60! And thats just breaking even! The most they have had in this term is 58. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Your Republican pals filibuster everything that comes along. Every single bill!!! Thats why I said that we need to get some more Democrats in the Senate. So the Republican Filibuster can be broken. Then and only then things will start getting done. The American People will be happy to see things get done and their ratings will go up. On the other hand, If it stays the way it is now......................................with Republicans still holding power. Our country could very well stay in the freakin dirt!
Democrats struggle to hold critical 60-seat Senate majority - CNN.com
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #45
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,647
Re: For JTF's Reading Pleasure: "What is the Tea Party"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post


The Democrats never have had a majority in the Senate! Sixty Seats is a majority in the Senate! 60! And thats just breaking even! The most they have had in this term is 58. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Your Republican pals filibuster everything that comes along. Every single bill!!! Thats why I said that we need to get some more Democrats in the Senate. So the Republican Filibuster can be broken. Then and only then things will start getting done. The American People will be happy to see things get done and their ratings will go up. On the other hand, If it stays the way it is now......................................with Republicans still holding power. Our country could very well stay in the freakin dirt!
Given that there are 100 senators, 51 is the number for a majority. 60 is the number for a powerful super-majority.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31797 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25