Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Potential Government Shut Down

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,306
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
My point was that it should not come down to Obama's pen.

But you and I are essentially in agreement: whatever it takes, military families should not pay the price for the budget fiasco.
We agree on both counts. But this is far too close to the edge to not have Obama take action.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #77
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The level of retardedness (not very PC of you BTW) extends across both sides of the aisle, it just depends on how you look at things on where the greater concentration of it is.

Actually a precedent set by a previous Democratic president in a similar situation is relevant. And while the single 20 yr. old wherever he/she is stationed isn't going to miss a meal, the married 20 yr. old who gets the texts/E-mails from a worried/frantic spouse at home that can't pay bills or buy groceries is not something that should be tolerated by any CinC. It shows Obama's complete lack of concern (best case) / disdain (worst case) for the servicemen & women that risk their lives under his orders. Having served myself and worked with military members since 1985, this disgusts me.
Am I to understand that the pain of the deployed 20 yr old's family is more important to mitigate than that of a married 22+ yo government employee working in the states? Give me break, every person has bills to pay...the pain of not being able to pay your mortgage or car note is universal but somehow that concept is lost to you and your ilk due to misguided ideological stance.

I'm not PC, and I don't care for Windows either. Oh and as someone who hasn't served but has $2,500 mortgage along with a host of other bills I am disgusted by your demand for preferential treatment.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #78
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't see why they should be classified differently than any other government employee. No pay for everyone!
Who did you serve with? How long did you serve? What theatre of battle were you in?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #79
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,306
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Am I to understand that the pain of the deployed 20 yr old's family is more important to mitigate than that of a married 22+ yo government employee working in the states? Give me break, every person has bills to pay...the pain of not being able to pay your mortgage or car note is universal but somehow that concept is lost to you and your ilk due to misguided ideological stance.

I'm not PC, and I don't care for Windows either. Oh and as someone who hasn't served but has $2,500 mortgage along with a host of other bills I am disgusted by your demand for preferential treatment.
You and your ilk won't get it. Those who maybe lean left, but aren't hard-core "true believers", will get it. Oh and just wondering if the 22+ yr. old gov't employee in the states you speak of has a target on his/her back everyday and is separated from his/her family for months on end.

And while we're at it, I find it ridiculous that the ideological stance of the far left that runs the democrat party today would put all gov't employees through this pain over an amount of less than 1% of the total federal budget which has skyrocketed since the Ds got control of the WH and both houses of Congress.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #80
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
You and your ilk won't get it. Those who maybe lean left, but aren't hard-core "true believers", will get it. Oh and just wondering if the 22+ yr. old gov't employee in the states you speak of has a target on his/her back everyday and is separated from his/her family for months on end.

And while we're at it, I find it ridiculous that the ideological stance of the far left that runs the democrat party today would put all gov't employees through this pain over an amount of less than 1% of the total federal budget which has skyrocketed since the Ds got control of the WH and both houses of Congress.
Irrelevant. Appeal to emotion is rarely a convincing argument.

It takes two to tango and I love mango...it's good to share...here, take a bite.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #81
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Who did you serve with? How long did you serve? What theatre of battle were you in?
Someday when the draft is reconstituted I may but until then I will serve my corporate overlord who pays me handsomely.

God Bless America!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #82
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Am I to understand that the pain of the deployed 20 yr old's family is more important to mitigate than that of a married 22+ yo government employee working in the states? Give me break, every person has bills to pay...the pain of not being able to pay your mortgage or car note is universal but somehow that concept is lost to you and your ilk due to misguided ideological stance.

I'm not PC, and I don't care for Windows either. Oh and as someone who hasn't served but has $2,500 mortgage along with a host of other bills I am disgusted by your demand for preferential treatment.

If people did not spend more then they should a two or three weeks without pay would not be an issue to start with but to many people have the same spending problem as the US. I'm not saying if its right or wrong just making a point.

This statement is made knowing there is always exceptions to that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #83
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Someday when the draft is reconstituted I may but until then I will serve my corporate overlord who pays me handsomely.

God Bless America!
I thought so.
I am quite sure you are worth your handsome salary…AND more. I would like to point that there are those that protect your right to earn it, in far away lands. People who protect your freedom and your safety in general. They do so everyday with their blood and sometimes their lives. To generalize their position as equivalent with that of the postal worker or Federal office worker seems somewhat disrespectful and thankless.
HTTR
No respect intended to the Postman or office people as well!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach

Last edited by Hog1; 04-08-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,306
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

good news out of Washington.....now can the owners & players get a CBA done?
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #85
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,301
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't see why they should be classified differently than any other government employee. No pay for everyone!
First I should say that I am no lover of the American military. I think we are an overly warlike people who only harm ourselves with our wildly inflated military budget. That said, such is not the fault of those who serve in the military. It is a large-scale social and psychological issue.

Soldiers are not like other government workers. They sacrifice their safety and peace of mind for a paycheck which often is not large.

If we don't pay them, then they sacrifice their safety for nothing. That is not fair. And this issue of fairness does not apply to other government workers like me who are not in harm's way.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #86
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,014
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

^ great post Lotus
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #87
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,152
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

so... is it shut down?
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #88
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,152
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

guess not, for nowBudget bill passes Senate, goes to House for approval – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #89
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Someday when the draft is reconstituted I may but until then I will serve my corporate overlord who pays me handsomely.

God Bless America!
Are you kidding me? To raise your nose at our men and women in the armed forces while bragging about making a wad of money in this country by taking advantage of the security that said armed forces provide... Well eff that. A shred of gratuity would be awesome.

An entry level government worker not getting a paycheck IMO does NOT equate to a young marine fighting on the front-lines in some war-torn country while his wife and baby aren't bringing in money back home.

You realize what you sound like, right? - "American soldiers? Eh, you're worth what my freaking mailman is. No money for you. But God Bless this country because I can sit here and reap the benefits of your potentially unpaid service to this nation with my "handsome" salary. Haha. God Bless America. "
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 04-09-2011 at 01:30 AM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #90
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: Potential Government Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Are you kidding me? To raise your nose at our men and women in the armed forces while bragging about making a wad of money in this country by taking advantage of the security that said armed forces provide... Well eff that. A shred of gratuity would be awesome.

An entry level government worker not getting a paycheck IMO does NOT equate to a young marine fighting on the front-lines in some war-torn country while his wife and baby aren't bringing in money back home.

You realize what you sound like, right? - "American soldiers? Eh, you're worth what my freaking mailman is. No money for you. But God Bless this country because I can sit here and reap the benefits of your potentially unpaid service to this nation with my "handsome" salary. Haha. God Bless America. "
Let get this, you're getting on me for "implying" I'm worth more than a service member while at the same time telling me that a service member is worth more than my mailman? The irony is quite rich.

You better plug your nose, it's bleeding profusely.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32322 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25