Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Ron Paul to Run for President

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
....thats rich coming from a White House who spent most there time fighting an unjust war in Iraq and the other half other time making excusing of why were in Iraq....
But it's OK to assasinate Bin Laden (which I have absolutely no problem with BTW).....pot say hello to kettle. Give the whole "Bush is the Devil" thing a rest
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,312
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bottom line is Obama is getting my vote unless the Repubs can put someone fresh up with some good ideas.

Newt is a big fat effing loser, Mitt Romney ehhh fox hates him cause of health care so he wont garner any support, Ron Paul the isolationist, Pawlenty is plain garbage and not strong enough, Huckebee F*ckabee, so far the field is extremely weak. Palin and Trump just make me giggle. Not looking too good.
So you're a sheep to the media?

tsk tsk
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think the real question is how did we get there?
By straying from the constitutionally restricted powers and responsibilities of the United States Federal Government? Which is precisely what Paul is calling for a to return to?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Ron Paul is a good guy, but he just doesn't have broad appeal. And for good reasons. The thing that makes him appealing to many, his Libertarian platform, would be a major weakness when it comes to foreign policy, education reform, and the role of the Fed. His solution to nearly everything is to drastically reduce the role of or completely dismantle government. That's just not practical. If Ron Paul were president, we don't ever catch bin Laden.

A lot of his rhetoric sounds good to the average voter, but when you boil it down to actual policy and how it affects our everyday lives, some of his positions are really kind of dangerous, in my opinion.
If the government had stuck to the vision and principles of Ron Paul throughout the 20th century, and not covertly overthrown democratically elected governments, propped up and armed horrific maniacal dictators, imposed sanctions which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs, immersed itself in Mesopotamian border disputes, and started wars against nations that never attacked us -- bin Laden would never have had any reason to attack us in the first place.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
If the government had stuck to the vision and principles of Ron Paul throughout the 20th century, and not covertly overthrown democratically elected governments, propped up and armed horrific maniacal dictators, imposed sanctions which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs, immersed itself in Mesopotamian border disputes, and started wars against nations that never attacked us -- bin Laden would never have had any reason to attack us in the first place.
Wooo, woo, woo. Thats un-American talk right there! We are America! We can do what we want without consequence! A-M-E-R-I-C-A!!!!!! 'Merica!

Paul: Have you ever read the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we’ve been over there; we’ve been bombing Iraq for 10 years. We’ve been in the Middle East….I’m suggesting that we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it, and they are delighted that we’re over there.

Giuliani: May I comment on that? That’s really an extraordinary statement. That’s an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don’t think I’ve heard that before, and I’ve heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th. (Applause, cheers.) And I would ask the Congressman to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn’t really mean that. (Applause.)

Paul refused saying, in part: “If we think that we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. They don’t come here to attack us because we’re rich and we’re free. They come and they attack us because we’re over there.”

Ron Paul Tells The Truth About Attacks By Terrorists; Giuliani Exposed As Clueless, Unfit To Be President

I think this was the exact moment that i realized Giuliani was a idiot last election......
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #21
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,750
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
So you're a sheep to the media?

tsk tsk
no just generally amused
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,750
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's not exactly what Rice said, but whatever run with it if you please
Well, Bush "set up" Obama "to make this decision." You know, gave him a softball to knock out the park.

Out of the adiminstration, Rice was the best IMO. Tough. The puppeteers (aka Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rove) really werent as smart as they thought they were. Sometimes Bush was just set up to look like the village idiot, and I dont think that fair in some situation.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Wooo, woo, woo. Thats un-American talk right there! We are America! We can do what we want without consequence! A-M-E-R-I-C-A!!!!!! 'Merica!

Paul: Have you ever read the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we’ve been over there; we’ve been bombing Iraq for 10 years. We’ve been in the Middle East….I’m suggesting that we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it, and they are delighted that we’re over there.

Giuliani: May I comment on that? That’s really an extraordinary statement. That’s an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don’t think I’ve heard that before, and I’ve heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th. (Applause, cheers.) And I would ask the Congressman to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn’t really mean that. (Applause.)

Paul refused saying, in part: “If we think that we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. They don’t come here to attack us because we’re rich and we’re free. They come and they attack us because we’re over there.”

Ron Paul Tells The Truth About Attacks By Terrorists; Giuliani Exposed As Clueless, Unfit To Be President

I think this was the exact moment that i realized Giuliani was a idiot last election......
You said it, bro. I lost all respect for Rudy at that very moment. What a complete douchebag he is.

Just goes to show that way too many people believe that when an Arab comes over here to kill Americans it's called terrorism -- But when the U.S. Gov't does the same thing over there it's called counter-terrorism.

Hopefully some day we'll learn...
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #24
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
If the government had stuck to the vision and principles of Ron Paul throughout the 20th century, and not covertly overthrown democratically elected governments, propped up and armed horrific maniacal dictators, imposed sanctions which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs, immersed itself in Mesopotamian border disputes, and started wars against nations that never attacked us -- bin Laden would never have had any reason to attack us in the first place.
Germany would have won and our economy would be stagnant. There is a valid reason why his "exotic" ideas don't win and it doesn't stem from lack of knowledge on the part of the public.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
You said it, bro. I lost all respect for Rudy at that very moment. What a complete douchebag he is.

Just goes to show that way too many people believe that when an Arab comes over here to kill Americans it's called terrorism -- But when the U.S. Gov't does the same thing over there it's called counter-terrorism.

Hopefully some day we'll learn...
T-paw has done a marvelous jobs replacing him. So much potential wasted.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #26
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I dont think he is running with the thought that hes gonna get the GOP ticket. Hes running because he is shaping the GOP ticket.

Whats attracted new conservative to the republican party and whats helped re-energize the republican party is the Barry Goldwater/facially conservative/personal freedoms/Tea Party like ideology that Ron Paul has largely become the spokesperson for since GW took his second term. The November 2010 elections were shape by this ideology and hopefully the congressional and presidential 2012 elections will be too. The HUGE strides he made for the fiscal conservatives and civil liberty types in the last election are now coming to fruition, hopefully his rhetoric this time around will resonate even louder for future legislators and legislation.

Also depending on who gets the ticket I think he stands a good chance of being nominated for security of state or another appointed position….. possibly even vice president.
Corporate America won't like him and so he will never be nominated or picked for any meaningful post.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
If the government had stuck to the vision and principles of Ron Paul throughout the 20th century, and not covertly overthrown democratically elected governments, propped up and armed horrific maniacal dictators, imposed sanctions which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Arabs, immersed itself in Mesopotamian border disputes, and started wars against nations that never attacked us -- bin Laden would never have had any reason to attack us in the first place.
But see Beemnseven that logic is sort of flawed because you presuppose that the world operates according to the same moral code; that the law of morality always, in every circumstance, trumps immoral and sinister deeds. And more importantly that the United States is insulated from the rest of the world.

We don't live in a society where everything goes from A to B - where good always overcomes evil. The premise of your argument actually suggests, on some level, that evil doesn't exist. And that if we mind our business other people will mind theirs. That's not good policy, it's not good diplomacy, and I'm not sure it's even constitutional.

Maybe I'm reading too much into your statement, but I'm not convinced that Ron Paul, or you for that matter, would stand up for America based on some strict constitutional requirement. In other words, if the choices are should the government run a prolonged military operation or draw the line in the sand and give up because of how we interpret the constitution, then I don't like Ron Paul's vision for America.

Give me George W. Bush any day of the week, warts and all, to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. When our sovereignty is under siege and our freedoms are in jeopardy, I don't want a leader to interpret the Constitution, I want a leader to defend and protect it at all costs.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #28
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Germany would have won and our economy would be stagnant. There is a valid reason why his "exotic" ideas don't win and it doesn't stem from lack of knowledge on the part of the public.
It's not a guarantee that Germany would have won WWII, -- (I assume that's the war you're referring to). Most people don't know that leading up to the final stages of the invasion of Berlin, the Soviet Army actually destroyed 70% of the German war machine. In other words, just like WWI, it was a European conflict that would have been solved by Europeans.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
But see Beemnseven that logic is sort of flawed because you presuppose that the world operates according to the same moral code; that the law of morality always, in every circumstance, trumps immoral and sinister deeds. And more importantly that the United States is insulated from the rest of the world.

We don't live in a society where everything goes from A to B - where good always overcomes evil. The premise of your argument actually suggests, on some level, that evil doesn't exist. And that if we mind our business other people will mind theirs. That's not good policy, it's not good diplomacy, and I'm not sure it's even constitutional.

Maybe I'm reading too much into your statement, but I'm not convinced that Ron Paul, or you for that matter, would stand up for America based on some strict constitutional requirement. In other words, if the choices are should the government run a prolonged military operation or draw the line in the sand and give up because of how we interpret the constitution, then I don't like Ron Paul's vision for America.

Give me George W. Bush any day of the week, warts and all, to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. When our sovereignty is under siege and our freedoms are in jeopardy, I don't want a leader to interpret the Constitution, I want a leader to defend and protect it at all costs.
Wow, man, where do I start?

Where did the idea get started that Ron Paul wouldn't defend America? He's not a pacifist, and neither am I. The philosophy of non-intervention certainly isn't based on the notion that evil doesn't exist. And interpreting the Constitution doesn't mean we lay down and do nothing if we're attacked. I really struggle to see how you've arrived that conclusion.

Where and when has our sovereignty EVER been under siege in the middle east? If anything, we have rammed "our sovereignty" up the ass of every Arab man, woman, and child for the past 60 years. They finally decide that they don't like it, and when they respond, Americans are mortified and cry that they just don't understand how anyone could strike at such a freedom, and peace-loving society like ours.

Marching all over the world, and acting like the police chief of the planet Earth isn't 'national defense'. It pisses people off, and we shouldn't be surprised when it comes back to bite us.

Clearly we have to convince both sides of the political spectrum this basic truth.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,312
Re: Ron Paul to Run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
It's not a guarantee that Germany would have won WWII, -- (I assume that's the war you're referring to). Most people don't know that leading up to the final stages of the invasion of Berlin, the Soviet Army actually destroyed 70% of the German war machine. In other words, just like WWI, it was a European conflict that would have been solved by Europeans.
How is Japan and Germany taking over/controlling the entire world a European conflict?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33946 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25