Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #766
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well you know its true.
I know what's true? That DHS have temporarily halted deporting 800k kids that are in high school, attending college..or by the way, defended our country in the war? That have no criminal record and want to stay her legally without fear of deportation?

Sounds like common sense to me.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #767
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,573
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Per Bloomberg poll, Americans favor the immigration shift by 2-1. Indie voters by a margin of 66% to 24%.

Also knocked Marco Rubio out of the running for Veep. What a power move.
Clinton-like.


I agree with the Pres on this one, but one day we should address illegal immigration head on. Our government has been epic fail on the issue, whether its Dem or Rep, President or Congress..they have failed us again.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #768
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

FYI: The Dream Act passed Congress this year and failed in the Senate by 5 votes. People tend to forget that.

Secondly, a large immigration bill won't pass Congress. Has to be done piece meal. The DREAM Act was a very doable and logical first step in that direction. Obama did the right thing, even though this is a temporary solution.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #769
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

I'll add, our government hasn't failed us on immigration. A handful in Congress have though. I suspect we'll see something passed in the next term.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #770
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Big buy of votes at the expense of tax payers and Americans who's jobs they are taking just to send the money to Mexico. Obama will do anything for votes he is a scum sucker.
What Obama did is the right thing to do policy wise and politically. What he did was beyond genius because most people support it and it pits the GOP against Latinos voters.

We know where Obama stands...where does Romney stand? We don't know because he wants to play both-sides, Latinos and your run of the mill conservative voter, and it will ultimately doom him.


The dance-off has clear winners and losers, and let me tell you it ain't Obama or the American public...and once Romney is thrashed you can add yourself to the loser count column.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #771
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well if it was common sense why did it take him 3 yrs to do this? You really think we are deporting people serving the country? Also if they were legal they would not have a fear of deportation.
Of course not, the best path to citizenship in this country is to see your nearest military recruiting outpost. Sadly most Americans are so stupid that they don't know this and Obama is merely adding "serving the country" quip to seal the deal.

How many points is Romney behind on the Latino votes again?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #772
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well if it was common sense why did it take him 3 yrs to do this? You really think we are deporting people serving the country? Also if they were legal they would not have a fear of deportation.
First, that's kind of the point. We need to legalize those that want to stay. This doesn't address the millions and millions illegal immigrants, primarily those that were brought here by their parents. Ages 18-30.

Again this isn't the same as DREAM Act and he didn't legalize immigration. He didn't grant immunity, there's no path to citizenship, and doesn't grant legal status to anyone. So what's your problem with it?

Once again, any form of comprehensive immigration has to go through Congress. Obama's been pushing DREAM for a couple of years now and it failed in the Senate by 5 votes. The Republican party largely opposed it.

Yes, we have members of our Armed Forces, right now, that fear being deported after being discharged. Why not grant them work permits now until we sort this out? If you defend this country, you shouldn't have to fear being deported.

Seems like you're against it just to be against it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #773
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,573
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'll add, our government hasn't failed us on immigration. A handful in Congress have though. I suspect we'll see something passed in the next term.
well i guess we will fail until then? Our government has failed, we have accumalated a ton of people here illegally.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #774
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well i guess we will fail until then? Our government has failed, we have accumalated a ton of people here illegally.
And we've deported a ton too -- millions. Border crossings are at there lowest in something like 30 years. We're getting there, still a big problem though.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #775
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Duplicate post
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #776
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
And we've deported a ton too -- millions. Border crossings are at there lowest in something like 30 years. We're getting there, still a big problem though.
This move by Obama is straight pandering to hispanic voters, nothing more. A year ago Obama told La Raza that he couldn't do this without Congress....but in an election year funny how stuff gets done.

Also, by Obama Admin stats border apprehensions are down, but apprehensions go down when ICE and BP agents are told to minimize arrests or are not deployed to high traffic areas.

Obama Administration Statistics on Illegal Immigration Are Misleading

You're a smart guy, use the #1 rule of thumb; "follow the money". Check the last part of the link: "As further proof that illegal immigrants aren’t leaving America, “Statistics from the Bank of Mexico, that country’s largest bank, showed that remittances totaled $3.29 billion in January and February, up 7.9 percent over the same period last year. Remittances to Mexico are on a pace to total about $19.7 billion this year, according to the recent reports.”
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #777
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
First, that's kind of the point. We need to legalize those that want to stay. This doesn't address the millions and millions illegal immigrants, primarily those that were brought here by their parents. Ages 18-30.

Again this isn't the same as DREAM Act and he didn't legalize immigration. He didn't grant immunity, there's no path to citizenship, and doesn't grant legal status to anyone. So what's your problem with it?

Once again, any form of comprehensive immigration has to go through Congress. Obama's been pushing DREAM for a couple of years now and it failed in the Senate by 5 votes. The Republican party largely opposed it.

Yes, we have members of our Armed Forces, right now, that fear being deported after being discharged. Why not grant them work permits now until we sort this out? If you defend this country, you shouldn't have to fear being deported.

Seems like you're against it just to be against it.
What is the basis for this claim? The only way an undocumented service member gets the boot is if they commit a crime before they become a citizen.

You serve, you get a green card and path to citizenship, you don't commit a crime and you will end up a citizen. Seems reasonable.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #778
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
This move by Obama is straight pandering to hispanic voters, nothing more. A year ago Obama told La Raza that he couldn't do this without Congress....but in an election year funny how stuff gets done.

Also, by Obama Admin stats border apprehensions are down, but apprehensions go down when ICE and BP agents are told to minimize arrests or are not deployed to high traffic areas.

Obama Administration Statistics on Illegal Immigration Are Misleading

You're a smart guy, use the #1 rule of thumb; "follow the money". Check the last part of the link: "As further proof that illegal immigrants aren’t leaving America, “Statistics from the Bank of Mexico, that country’s largest bank, showed that remittances totaled $3.29 billion in January and February, up 7.9 percent over the same period last year. Remittances to Mexico are on a pace to total about $19.7 billion this year, according to the recent reports.”

He has been trying to pass the Dream Act forever and doing exactly what Ronald Reagan did which is find a good solution to a difficult problem.

Pandering is what politicians do and on that note I give you Romney speaking at NAACP convention this year.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #779
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What is the basis for this claim? The only way an undocumented service member gets the boot is if they commit a crime before they become a citizen.

You serve, you get a green card and path to citizenship, you don't commit a crime and you will end up a citizen. Seems reasonable.

I-Team Examines Increase In Deportation Of Military Veterans - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

U.S. veterans deported after they served | veterans, immigration, law - News - The Orange County Register
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #780
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Meet The Candidates: 2012 GOP Thread

Yes, the basis is for a crime but it can be for something as petty as weed.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29857 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25