Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #16
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So the buck doesnt stop there? Like any corporation or administration, if someone commits something as egregious within his organization such as this, the "i knew nothing" defense usually does absolve the top person. First incident happened in 2006, but 2009 is when the wheels got turning about the possible foul play, so the question is why wasnt an internal investigation begun a long time ago by Murdoch and co.? The only thing Fox news is guilty of at this point is avoiding the story and not giving fair and balanced coverage.
Your totally wrong about that. I see it all the time. So if I'm lying on applications my boss should get fired along with his boss etc... Now if the boss is found to be covering up the lying then they are just as guilty.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ive been tuning in since the story broke to Fox and to be fair and balanced at most its a given mention then a very cop-like "move on, nothing to see here" approach. Like I said its a HUGE story and they're not breaking a round table out on it to discuss. It very obvious their protecting their interest where if it was one of the supposid lamestream media empires they would be all over it. Take a look at this from CNN and very interesting clip from Fox inbetween a commercial break:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
We know you just wanted a reason to watch FOX NEWS. You have probably watch more FOX news thes year then I have. I actually call them the Old Fart Paranoid Station. Every old person I know seems to have Fox News on 24/7.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #18
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Your totally wrong about that. I see it all the time. So if I'm lying on applications my boss should get fired along with his boss etc... Now if the boss is found to be covering up the lying then they are just as guilty.
Disagree. But to your quote of covering up...yeah thats pretty bad and I feel its not that deep. But there is negligence or worse willful negligence, Murdoch is just as responsible. Like I said before,there were major suspicions of these acts several years ago, he should have eradicated it immediately from his corporation. If you hear of possible fraud within a company, you handle it immediately, right FD? These are not minor allegations.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Disagree. But to your quote of covering up...yeah thats pretty bad and I feel its not that deep. But there is negligence or worse willful negligence, Murdoch is just as responsible. Like I said before,there were major suspicions of these acts several years ago, he should have eradicated it immediately from his corporation. If you hear of possible fraud within a company, you handle it immediately, right FD? These are not minor allegations.
I have to say I don't know enough about the whole thing but if he knew there was a problem then your right he should have look into it then.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #20
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have to say I don't know enough about the whole thing but if he knew there was a problem then your right he should have look into it then. Now go back and watch more Fox News.
"Dont make me call your bluff" **pushes away from the negotiating table, and exits the room**
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
CooleyAsCanBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 413
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

The best part about the Murdoch scandal is that Hugh Grant, yes the Divine Brown actor, is involved: wearing a wire to get information and publishing pieces in the paper. I guess it's somewhat sweet justice for him, given his hatred of papparazzi and the fact that his phone was one that was hacked. Couldn't make this stuff up for a movie.

Here's his article: New Statesman - The bugger, bugged
__________________
The TRUE QB Challenge Champion
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So the buck doesnt stop there? Like any corporation or administration, if someone commits something as egregious within his organization such as this, the "i knew nothing" defense usually does absolve the top person. First incident happened in 2006, but 2009 is when the wheels got turning about the possible foul play, so the question is why wasnt an internal investigation begun a long time ago by Murdoch and co.? The only thing Fox news is guilty of at this point is avoiding the story and not giving fair and balanced coverage.
Your expectation of Fox News is rather high. MSNBC is no different covering internal scandals. Buck stops with Murdoch and he has shut down the paper entirely....what more do you want?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
The best part about the Murdoch scandal is that Hugh Grant, yes the Divine Brown actor, is involved: wearing a wire to get information and publishing pieces in the paper. I guess it's somewhat sweet justice for him, given his hatred of papparazzi and the fact that his phone was one that was hacked. Couldn't make this stuff up for a movie.

Here's his article: New Statesman - The bugger, bugged
thats funny
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Your expectation of Fox News is rather high. MSNBC is no different covering internal scandals. Buck stops with Murdoch and he has shut down the paper entirely....what more do you want?
Great post.

/thread
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,479
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

For good news reporting on America, tune in here.

BBC - Homepage

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

If people are still tuning into the likes of Fox, then you understand why Americans are so brainwashed. HERP DERP! BUT FOX SAYS ITS TRUE!! /facepalm
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

BBC News - Rebekah Brooks arrested by hacking police
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #27
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Your expectation of Fox News is rather high. MSNBC is no different covering internal scandals. Buck stops with Murdoch and he has shut down the paper entirely....what more do you want?
The shutdown was appropriate as well as the apology by Murdoch which was sincere(egg on face was not dry from losing Sky News deal). A) would like Fox to abide by its own reporting standards now and in future B) thorough investigation by the FBI and justice department.

I dont think any horrendous scandel like these has every plagued MSNBC...oh was Imus on MSNBC with his balant racist comments, he of course is the exception.

Murdoch and co. are deffenently getting a healthy dose of its own medicine and deservingly so. Public smear campaigns by fox get old, so its nice to see an actual fact-base embarrassment for him and his company.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #28
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

And the difference with what News of the World was doing and the civil rights and unconstitutional violation of privacy allowed by the Patriot Act is ....what?
__________________
The eyes are the groin of the head
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #29
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

that damned left leaning media. they cant get anything right
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

News of the World phone-hacking whistleblower found dead | Media | The Guardian
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29182 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25