Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,618
Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

I find it humerous that any part of the day you can turn on Fox News and find Hannity, Beck, OReily, & company constantly blabbering about George Soras, his money, power and somehow how he destroying the world with his views. Not many people know him, but many are familiar with Robert Murdoch. Well looks like they been going after the wrong guy all along, shoulda looked at their boss.

Murdoch personal crusade against Soros through his mouth piece which is Fox New only wishes they could have come up with a scandel as far reaching and disgusting as this hacking situation. Those not familiar:
News of the World phone hacking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite disgusting, and Mudoch deserves everything hes gonna get. Now with such a big story, you know the hypocritics at Fox News are not reporting it:

Is Fox News ignoring Rupert Murdoch's hacking scandal? - Yahoo! News

FOX News Has Only Reported On The Murdoch Phone-Hacking Scandal 14x In 5 Days

No spin zone and looking out for you? Hypocrites all day long.

Good too know the FBI is starting to look into potential allagations states side. Wonder what they will find? Thoughts
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I find it humerous that any part of the day you can turn on Fox News and find Hannity, Beck, OReily, & company constantly blabbering about George Soras, his money, power and somehow how he destroying the world with his views. Not many people know him, but many are familiar with Robert Murdoch. Well looks like they been going after the wrong guy all along, shoulda looked at their boss.

Murdoch personal crusade against Soros through his mouth piece which is Fox New only wishes they could have come up with a scandel as far reaching and disgusting as this hacking situation. Those not familiar:
News of the World phone hacking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite disgusting, and Mudoch deserves everything hes gonna get. Now with such a big story, you know the hypocritics at Fox News are not reporting it:

Is Fox News ignoring Rupert Murdoch's hacking scandal? - Yahoo! News

FOX News Has Only Reported On The Murdoch Phone-Hacking Scandal 14x In 5 Days

No spin zone and looking out for you? Hypocrites all day long.

Good too know the FBI is starting to look into potential allagations states side. Wonder what they will find? Thoughts
It's quite the scandal to be sure, but what are the Fox News people supposed to do? Trash the guy who writes their checks?

PS- you can trash FoxNews all you want, but don't act the same kind of hypocrisy doesn't go on with blowhards like Olbermann (oh wait, he got fired), Maddow, and their ilk on MSNBC.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

I love a story about a lack of coverage and they have only reported on it 14 times in 5 days. So they are ingnoring the story just shy of 3 times a day. I have been working 14 hours days and have seen no news is Murdoch even been tied to any of this or is it just speculation.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,618
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
It's quite the scandal to be sure, but what are the Fox News people supposed to do? Trash the guy who writes their checks?

PS- you can trash FoxNews all you want, but don't act the same kind of hypocrisy doesn't go on with blowhards like Olbermann (oh wait, he got fired), Maddow, and their ilk on MSNBC.
MSNBC?...I hold Fox news in higher regards actually. I think Fox should run it and talk about it. This is a huge story, and brings up great example of when the media goes too far and what should be considered investigative reporting. They certainly crossed the line and I think in such a hyper-24/7/365 newcycle-media world since 9/11 this deserves a little more time than its gotten.

If your gonna talk Fair and Balance then certainly abide by the standard you set. You dont have to trash the guy...but you know if it was the head of NBC, CBS, CNN etc.. FOX would be killing it big time. They would run it all day long.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,618
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I love a story about a lack of coverage and they have only reported on it 14 times in 5 days. So they are ingnoring the story just shy of 3 times a day. I have been working 14 hours days and have seen no news is Murdoch even been tied to any of this or is it just speculation.
Well FD I think its safe to say Murdoch was not hacking into the phones. Murdoch owns and runs his company that holds News of the World and put people in charge how do run the day to day operations. Also this has been going on since 2006 so Murdoch could have known and not acted. That is speculation, but what is not speculation is none of this happend because the big story is News of the World has actually admitted guilty and people in charge are now being arrested and compesention is being made. Question is now how far did it go and if this was widespread pratice among the Murdoch corp. Would you love to find out 9/11 victims phone records were gotten or attempted to be retrived? If that turns out to be true, I got a shovel you can borrower to help bury Murdoch, cause that will be the end of him.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well FD I think its safe to say Murdoch was not hacking into the phones. Murdoch owns and runs his company that holds News of the World and put people in charge how do run the day to day operations. Also this has been going on since 2006 so Murdoch could have known and not acted. That is speculation, but what is not speculation is none of this happend because the big story is News of the World has actually admitted guilty and people in charge are now being arrested and compesention is being made. Question is now how far did it go and if this was widespread pratice among the Murdoch corp. Would you love to find out 9/11 victims phone records were gotten or attempted to be retrived? If that turns out to be true, I got a shovel you can borrower to help bury Murdoch, cause that will be the end of him.
The only part of that statement you know to be true is that Murdoch owned the corporation which was a subsidiary to his corporation. Other then that he may have had no involvement in the corportion at all and thats very common. He may have had total control and very hands on but I have not seen anything to that affect. Who knows. Your thing seems to be FOX but reporting on it 3 times a day is far from ignoring the story.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

I think this is a great opportunity for Fox to show themselves as "fair and balanced", but I'm not holding my breath.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,480
LOL @ "fair and balanced"

I always got a kick out of that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,618
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The only part of that statement you know to be true is that Murdoch owned the corporation which was a subsidiary to his corporation. Other then that he may have had no involvement in the corportion at all and thats very common. He may have had total control and very hands on but I have not seen anything to that affect. Who knows. Your thing seems to be FOX but reporting on it 3 times a day is far from ignoring the story.
Ive been tuning in since the story broke to Fox and to be fair and balanced at most its a given mention then a very cop-like "move on, nothing to see here" approach. Like I said its a HUGE story and they're not breaking a round table out on it to discuss. It very obvious their protecting their interest where if it was one of the supposid lamestream media empires they would be all over it. Take a look at this from CNN and very interesting clip from Fox inbetween a commercial break:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,307
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think this is a great opportunity for Fox to show themselves as "fair and balanced", but I'm not holding my breath.
Bad situation for Fox. However lets not forget all media outlets display hypocrisy. They all cover their parent companies interest. You certainly don't see any pieces on NBC about GEs influence with the White House. And Obama certainly receives favorable coverage from NBC.

Presidential visit: GE CEO Immelt to head Obama's economic advisory board - saratogian.com

Obama Teams Up With G.E.; Iran Palaver Peters Out; 2012 Arrives At White House - FoxNews.com
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,656
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Bad situation for Fox. However lets not forget all media outlets display hypocrisy. They all cover their parent companies interest. You certainly don't see any pieces on NBC about GEs influence with the White House. And Obama certainly receives favorable coverage from NBC.
Agreed. I think it'd be stupid for Fox News to cover the Hacking Scandal when it deals. You are never going to see a news outlet badmouthing their parent company, whether they are leaning left or right.

It seems Murdoch's people f*cked up though.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
MSNBC?...I hold Fox news in higher regards actually. I think Fox should run it and talk about it. This is a huge story, and brings up great example of when the media goes too far and what should be considered investigative reporting. They certainly crossed the line and I think in such a hyper-24/7/365 newcycle-media world since 9/11 this deserves a little more time than its gotten.

If your gonna talk Fair and Balance then certainly abide by the standard you set. You dont have to trash the guy...but you know if it was the head of NBC, CBS, CNN etc.. FOX would be killing it big time. They would run it all day long.
No doubt. But don't you think Murdoch has handed down a directive to all his outlets to minimize coverage? I'm sure he has. No reason to fan the flames at his own feet with news outlets he controls.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #13
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

This whole thing has nothing to do with Fox News and if there is anything Murdoch is guilty of it is being a good businessman.

Having said all of that I must say Fox News is nothing more than an intellectually deficient 24 hour talk show channel masquerading as a news agency.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #14
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Agreed, Saden. I'm not condemning Fox news. I just would like to see them give this story the same coverage as the other major networks.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,618
re: Murdoch, Fox News & the Hacking Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
This whole thing has nothing to do with Fox News and if there is anything Murdoch is guilty of it is being a good businessman.

Having said all of that I must say Fox News is nothing more than an intellectually deficient 24 hour talk show channel masquerading as a news agency.
So the buck doesnt stop there? Like any corporation or administration, if someone commits something as egregious within his organization such as this, the "i knew nothing" defense usually does absolve the top person. First incident happened in 2006, but 2009 is when the wheels got turning about the possible foul play, so the question is why wasnt an internal investigation begun a long time ago by Murdoch and co.? The only thing Fox news is guilty of at this point is avoiding the story and not giving fair and balanced coverage.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33888 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25