Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #61
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Sliggin, I lived in North Carolina for a minute
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #62
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Sliggin, I lived in North Carolina for a minute
Must resist urge to post Clay Davis video....Compromise with self....post link instead.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #63
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Man, do you guys put as much effort into your jobs as you do into debating?

You must be superstars.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #64
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
What do me, Maureen Dowd, and unnamed "Democratic lawmakers" referenced by Dowd have in common.....we all agree with Dirtbag

Obama Is Jimmy Carter 2.0 - FoxNews.com

Reagan governed with a Democratic Congress that drove the tax increases. The expanded size of gov't was to defeat the greatest threat to freedom the world has ever seen.

You'd be a great NASCAR driver, you can only turn left.
reagan put in withholding, raised taxes on new investment, and vastly expanded the dept of Education (which he said he'd completely dismantle in his campaign).

the rep. party has veered soo far right, there's no way he'd be elected, cause he made deals with democrats, which is unacceptable :P and he tripled the national debt, which the right definitely couldn't stand for... i guess, even though gw bush vastly expanded gov. and debt too (medicare, tax cuts, TSA).

the ridiculous tax structure in california began with reagan (first year, he upped cig tax, gas tax, death tax, sales tax, etc etc etc... we're taking 40%+).

I'm a big fan of reagan, but people seem to mis-remember the actual details of his years in office. he beat the reds and people liked him, but he was very much a moderate in today's terms... unelectably so (well, unelectable by the rep party, the popular vote would be there, he'd just never get the chance to get on that ballot).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #65
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Check out the new documentary by Eugene Jarecki (who I think is one of the best documentary filmmakers out there). Jarecki also directed the film "Why We Fight", a movie that just might turn you to the anti-war side. He takes a good look at the legend of Ronald Reagan -- how his legacy is shaping the field of politics now.

Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

any bets on if we end the week positive or negative?

S&P 500 INDEX,RTH Index Chart - Yahoo! Finance
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
reagan I'm a big fan of reagan, but people seem to mis-remember the actual details of his years in office. he beat the reds and people liked him, but he was very much a moderate in today's terms... unelectably so (well, unelectable by the rep party, the popular vote would be there, he'd just never get the chance to get on that ballot).
I'm a big fan of Reagan too, and although he did increase some taxes, overall they were lowered a great deal from the 70s and the country/economy was on the right track. He had two primary goals, defeat the Soviets and get the country on sound financial footing.

I disagree that Reagan would win in the GOP primary, McCain was the 2008 candidate and Romney is leading the polls last I checked by a good margin, we'll see how things go tonight.

At some point the line has to be drawn on tax & spend. I can live with modest across the board tax increases, but they have to go along with a BBA and real reform to entitlements. Without a BBA and real entitlement reform, no way I'd support raising taxes. I certainly don't trust a D in the WH and a D controlled Senate to rein in spending (I was no fan of Bush's spending orgy either, he was certainly no fiscal hawk).

I think both parties are under too much assault from the fringes, but with the blogs, web, social networking, and 24x7 information overload it allows the loudest voices more access than they ever had in the past.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #68
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
any bets on if we end the week positive or negative?

S&P 500 INDEX,RTH Index Chart - Yahoo! Finance
Looks like we're back to "normal" on the DOW.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #69
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Thought I'd add this to the ongoing discussion re: WH regulations

White House: Red-tape cutting to save billions - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #70
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Thought I'd add this to the ongoing discussion re: WH regulations

White House: Red-tape cutting to save billions - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com
Probably just cutting some of the regulations they have passed over the past couple of years. I see what they have done on my end with people trying to get a loan to purchase a home. I have seen my work double just writing the homeowners because the closing keeps getting pushed back because of the time it takes to get a loan approved.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #71
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Probably just cutting some of the regulations they have passed over the past couple of years. I see what they have done on my end with people trying to get a loan to purchase a home. I have seen my work double just writing the homeowners because the closing keeps getting pushed back because of the time it takes to get a loan approved.
So the WH has passed all of these imaginary regulations, in two years, only to spend millions undoing them and wiping them off the books? Do you even believe what you just said?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #72
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So the WH has passed all of these imaginary regulations, in two years, only to spend millions undoing them and wiping them off the books? Do you even believe what you just said?
They are not imaginary regulations unless your saying he has lied to us again. Seeing that some only cause more problems then they help and removing them is actually a good idea not a bad one.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #73
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

More proof that the regulation boogeyman is more myth than fact.

Obama Wrote Fewer Rules Than Bush, Cost More - Bloomberg
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #74
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

dont cloud FDs mind with facts, ok?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #75
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Dow Drops More Than 500 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
More proof that the regulation boogeyman is more myth than fact.

Obama Wrote Fewer Rules Than Bush, Cost More - Bloomberg
Proof that ObamaBearPig will come through the wormhole from Imaginationlad and over-regulate your head off!!!!!

Obamacare menu regs eat into small-business profits | Philip Klein | Opinion | Washington Examiner

Many of course will discount this because it's from Heritage, but if you check the sources and actually read the full link, there is no disputing the facts.

Red Tape: Rising Cost of Government Regulation
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28663 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25