Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


'Occupy' types

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,578
Re: 'Occupy' types

that officer who threw the flash gernande is a POS.

he deliberately threw it nonchalantly underhanded (without moving his body or arms, just flicking his wrist underhanded) so a video perhaps wouldnt pick it up.

what a POS. there are a bunch of stupid power tripping dirty cops. ive had run ins with them ive written about on here, weve all seen the various videos we sometimes post on here.

there are some bad ones, some good ones. but it really gets me that this guy knew he was doing somehting dirty b/c he tried to do it inconspicuously which clearly shows an intentional malicious act with knowledge it was wrong.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-28-2011 at 02:31 PM.
over the mountain is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #152
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Im in the middle on this. Im nearly positive the injuries to the Marine came from a tear gas container or other crowd disbursement weapon fired from the police. But the guy should have fled once the police started firing tear gas, instead he just stood there and took on the risk that something could happen. If he had left he wouldn’t have been hit by a canister and perhaps the police wouldn’t have had the need to fire additional canisters. I think police abuse powers but that doesn’t give me the right not to pull over when a cop car flashes his lights, or waive my responsibility to disperse when they fire tear gas at me.
How dare you not have a polarized option!
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #153
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Since you agree so much with the Occupy movement, why don't you get more involved and give the movement what it most lacks: concrete direction?

I didn't ignore this earlier so here is my response. It's not in my best interest or the interest of the movement to go anywhere near those protests. Why you ask? Because I'm not the type of person that responds to bullies well at all. I hold the mentality of that this guy has.



I'm nice, until it's time not to be nice. A cop does something dirty like that with the flash bang, I'm coming back with Molotov bombs. I'd personally rather let peace reign and get the issues fixed than have some spark (whether a dirty cop or hot tempered person) ignited into something bloody and violent. If I ever feel the people are being brutalized by the cops, then that's when I'll show up to fight for my fellow Americans. I like bullying the bullies.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #154
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Given the numbers involved and the fact that protests are all taking place in the heart of very busy cities, I would suggest that the fact that only one protester has been seriously injured is a testament to the restraint of both the police and the protestors. I would suggest that, had the OWS movement tried this stunt in the 50's, 60's or even early 70's, that the level of violence would have been significantly higher. I commend both sides for conducting a mostly civil, mostly peaceful protest that is mostly safe to the property and person of those not choosing to be part of the protest. I do not doubt there will be an investigation into Mr. Scott's injury and, if the police are determined to have acted in an unprofessional manner that caused harm, sanctions will follow (again, crowd control has come a long way since the 60's - as I am not convinced such an investigation would have happened then). .

I can agree with a majority of what you said, and without a doubt it's no easy task to monitor that many people all the while having your other duties. If anything, you just block the area and let it be. No sense of igniting something that shouldn't be ignited. Who cares in the end if a street or two is blocked off?

I disagree with the "investigation" bullshit though. How many times have we seen these "investigations" only to clear the cop of any and all wrong doing even though there is significant evidence to prove otherwise? Hell, even the cops in the Rodney King beating were cleared...lol That's my biggest issue with cops now. It's not that cops do these bad things, it's that their leadership covers for them and hides the truth.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #155
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
that officer who threw the flash gernande is a POS.
he deliberately threw it nonchalantly underhanded (without moving his body or arms, just flicking his wrist underhanded) so a video perhaps wouldnt pick it up.

what a POS. there are a bunch of stupid power tripping dirty cops. ive had run ins with them ive written about on here, weve all seen the various videos we sometimes post on here.

there are some bad ones, some good ones. but it really gets me that this guy knew he was doing somehting dirty b/c he tried to do it inconspicuously which clearly shows an intentional malicious act with knowledge it was wrong.
Thats the type of thing you see in communist China. Really no excuse. Especially after beating down an unarmed iraq war vet. Pathetic use of force by the police.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #156
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,850
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I didn't ignore this earlier so here is my response. It's not in my best interest or the interest of the movement to go anywhere near those protests. Why you ask? Because I'm not the type of person that responds to bullies well at all. I hold the mentality of that this guy has.

I'm nice, until it's time not to be nice. A cop does something dirty like that with the flash bang, I'm coming back with Molotov bombs. I'd personally rather let peace reign and get the issues fixed than have some spark (whether a dirty cop or hot tempered person) ignited into something bloody and violent. If I ever feel the people are being brutalized by the cops, then that's when I'll show up to fight for my fellow Americans. I like bullying the bullies.
So, essentially, you prefer just to sit on the sideline and bitch but not do any of the actual hard work required to organize, fund and effectuate the change you so passionately believe is necessary.

Gotcha. Good thing you're not apathetic.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #157
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So, essentially, you prefer just to sit on the sideline and bitch but not do any of the actual hard work required to organize, fund and effectuate the change you so passionately believe is necessary.

Gotcha. Good thing you're not apathetic.

You can mock me all you want. You don't know me and you don't know what I will or will not do. If a guy tells you his limitations, respect that. I have no problem doing any work behind the scenes or giving funds to the movement. You are taking my statement and making the conclusion I wouldn't put any effort into the movement. Why do you have to be on the street to support the movement? You know what you sound like? You sound like some of those Redskins fans that say you aren't a true Redskin fan unless you attend games...lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #158
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,436
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I didn't ignore this earlier so here is my response. It's not in my best interest or the interest of the movement to go anywhere near those protests. Why you ask? Because I'm not the type of person that responds to bullies well at all. I hold the mentality of that this guy has.


Roadhouse - YouTube

I'm nice, until it's time not to be nice. A cop does something dirty like that with the flash bang, I'm coming back with Molotov bombs. I'd personally rather let peace reign and get the issues fixed than have some spark (whether a dirty cop or hot tempered person) ignited into something bloody and violent. If I ever feel the people are being brutalized by the cops, then that's when I'll show up to fight for my fellow Americans. I like bullying the bullies.
So if you were there you would have thrown gasoline bombs at the police?
yea right.....
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #159
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You can mock me all you want. You don't know me and you don't know what I will or will not do. If a guy tells you his limitations, respect that. I have no problem doing any work behind the scenes or giving funds to the movement. You are taking my statement and making the conclusion I wouldn't put any effort into the movement. Why do you have to be on the street to support the movement? You know what you sound like? You sound like some of those Redskins fans that say you aren't a true Redskin fan unless you attend games...lol
So are you giving funds to the movement?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #160
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,850
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I can agree with a majority of what you said, and without a doubt it's no easy task to monitor that many people all the while having your other duties. If anything, you just block the area and let it be. No sense of igniting something that shouldn't be ignited. Who cares in the end if a street or two is blocked off?
Except that everyone, not just the protestors have a right to use public property. What if you live or work there? What if your livelihood requires others to be able to reach you there? What if your health or safety requires routine access to the area either b/c you live there or you need something from the area? As usual, it's just not as simple as you try to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I disagree with the "investigation" bullshit though. How many times have we seen these "investigations" only to clear the cop of any and all wrong doing even though there is significant evidence to prove otherwise? Hell, even the cops in the Rodney King beating were cleared...lol That's my biggest issue with cops now. It's not that cops do these bad things, it's that their leadership covers for them and hides the truth.
Undoubtedly, cops cover up cops actions. At the same time, I would suggest that police are also being subject to sanctions more often than at any time in history. In the era of internet, facebook and youtube, it is much more difficult for officers to escape scrutiny as they have in the past. Are there still abuses? Undoubtedly. Is there more accountability than there was even 30 years ago? I believe that also to be true.

And just so we're clear, rather than demonstrating a will to cover things up, I would suggest that the Rodney King affair demonstrates just how far the government will go to pursue justice when it comes to police abuse. The cops in the Rodney King beating were criminally charged and found not guilty by a jury who viewed the entire video not just the portions released to the public. They were subsequently recharged with civil rights violations and found guilty. Bottom line is, the State went to great lengths to secure significant sanctions of those cops.

But I digress ...
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #161
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

The problem I have with a few up here is that if the issue affect YOU, then you'd be up and arms about it. Most of you guys are affected, so you simply don't care who or what gets hurt. I suppose it's typical, but it reminds me of this saying.

Quote:
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
At some point, something you stand for is going to be affected and nobody is going to be there to support you. If you don't take a stand for other people's plights and causes, then don't expect anything when it comes your turn. Trust me, there will be a your turn.

So far, I've had some of the posters up here push me into this category that I:

1) Hate corporations
2) Hate rich people
3) Jealous of people's success

The reality is you don't know me, my financial status or anything of the sort to make such comments. I will tell you that I have a cushy job as a network engineer for the state. I'm in the top 8% of salaries in the city I live in, and benefits out the ass. I haven't lost my house, declared bankruptcy, or underwater in debt. I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. Banks haven't ****ed me over, and neither has any corporation.

That doesn't mean I can't see and understand people's plight in regards to these institutions. If I see something not right, I say something. I don't say something only because it affects me. Try caring for your fellow human mankind even if his plight doesn't affect you. You never know, one day you may need his help in your struggle. Then again, you are probably the kind of person who think you'll never need help. I guess it's easier to sit back, stereotype the individuals and mock their view points and protesting.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #162
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So are you giving funds to the movement?
I have and will more if need be. I've got a few friends that have attended (and still do) the Occupy movements. (Cali, NYC, and Dallas)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #163
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,436
Re: 'Occupy' types

This protester cant get a job because there is too much homeland security and stuff.
You know...
You know...
You know...
I think she is Emmit Smiths sister.

Haftin' To Be Uproared - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 10-28-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #164
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
And just so we're clear, rather than demonstrating a will to cover things up, I would suggest that the Rodney King affair demonstrates just how far the government will go to pursue justice when it comes to police abuse. The cops in the Rodney King beating were criminally charged and found not guilty by a jury who viewed the entire video not just the portions released to the public. They were subsequently recharged with civil rights violations and found guilty. Bottom line is, the State went to great lengths to secure significant sanctions of those cops.

But I digress ...
State lost out. It was the Feds that got the civil rights conviction.

Let's be honest. The only reason the Feds even bothered is because of the riot (and racial explosion) that happened after the not guilty verdict. There have been a many of other cases where it gets swept under the rug. You know this and I know this.

Had there been no video, this would have never came to light.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #165
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
This protester cant get a job because there is too much homeland security and stuff.
You know...
You know...
You know...
I think she is Emmit Smiths sister.

Haftin' To Be Uproared - Occupy Atlanta - YouTube

Oh god, that was brutal!

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34944 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25