Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


'Occupy' types

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #211
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,614
Re: 'Occupy' types

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #212
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: 'Occupy' types

^
Gotta love the unhappy kid on the far right. Must be a Sesame Street Republican.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #213
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
^
Gotta love the unhappy kid on the far right. Must be a Sesame Street Republican.

Thats Oscar the Grouch, that kid is just in character. Youd be pissed too if you lived in a trash can..... or an occupy tent
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #214
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,295
Re: 'Occupy' types

Kid's probably just a little hippie leaching off the rest of the family - GET A JOB GROUCHY!!!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #215
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also, guess what? The US supported Bin Laden and his Jihad, who turned around and killed over 3,000 of our people (and more if you count the wars). You didn't care much about who supported who then did you, so why in the hell are you caring now? Oh, because it fits your agendas.
Without restating JoeR's excellent post (the last couple lines hit the nail squarely on the head) here's another fact for you. The U.S. did NOT finance Bin Laden.

Dispelling the CIA-Bin Laden Myth | Fox News

You'll call this article BS, from Fox News, blah, blah, blah, but unless you've done extensive research into the matter (like the author has) or have concrete evidence, your statement is simply a matter of misguided opinion.

Here's the part of my post you referenced in a response to JoeR:
"I know this will never change your mind/views, but it's as hypocritical as the day is long for you to lecture us (particularly conservatives) about how you "don't care about D vs. R, Red vs. Blue", etc. and we're all so stupid we don't know the "Man" is pitting us against each other while he keeps us down.

....Yet many of your posts lean far left and you post an article from a Democratic strategist who was a comms director at the DNC and a senior advisor to Hillary that bashes the GOP in several spots and glosses over the fact that campaign contributions made by major corporations split almost evenly between D & R pols. It completely blames the GOP for the current state of affairs, which couldn't be further from the truth since the Ds have controlled Congress for quite sometime."

You think you "know good and gd well" that I only see R vs. D, yet a majority of what you post leans hard left, then you claim some sort of higher intellectual ground....yes that's hypocritical.

You are definitely an angry fella.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #216
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,697
Re: 'Occupy' types

Is this Woodstock thing still going on?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #217
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,979
Re: 'Occupy' types

heard balt mayor rawlings-blake talk today about occupy baltimore and the alleged rape.

the concealed identity lady in the balt fox news interview who said she was raped and there is rape evidence at the hospital would lead you to believe there was semen taken from her va jay jay.

Rawlings-blake said she had scratches on her butt and bruises . . which means no semen, im going to assume no penetration. . .

the lady also said she had $1,800 taken from her tent that night and doesnt remember anything that happened.

mayor also said the occupy people are going to have to stop sleeping there overnight at some point/pretty soon.

the new mayor sounds good, she sounds like she is an honest straight up person unlike dixon who just seemed and sounded so so corrupt. idk give stephanie some more time as a politician and lets she is she changes . .
over the mountain is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #218
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: 'Occupy' types

@ JoeRedskins – thanks very much. I completely agree and feel the same on all points you raised.

@ NCSkins – I have requested that the author of that list add Buddy Roemer to the list, which im almost positive he will. There are a lot of people/groups still not on the list and the author mention that this is just a start. Michael Moore, comes to mind. Also Unions are left off.

I think the intention of the list is to show that there is a lot of extremely questionable and unsavory supporters of the OWS movement. Although its obvious to rational people that OWS leadership (if there is any) would not accept endorsement from some of these groups. However, the reasoning these groups are supportive of OWS is because of the socialist/communist/collective principles that they and OWS share. The same issued plagued the Tea Party’s limited government capitalistic principles, and the attraction unsavory groups had early on to the Tea Party was very well publicize by the media. If anything I would say OWS is being treated far better by the media then the Tea Party ever was.

Ill also add that the majority of Americans and nearly all conservative commentators ive heard are upset and agree with the heart of what OWS is protesting (bailouts, inequality, special interest/corporation influence) (I think that’s what their protesting, right?), but the solutions to those issues are far different then the solutions OWS seem to endorse. I define myself as socially liberal / fiscally conservative and that individual interest is just as important and sometimes even more important than collective interest; in no way am I supportive of Social Justice. So while current fiscal and social issues may be just as upsetting to me and most other Americans as they are to you and OWS protesters, my views on solving the problems are vastly different.
__________________

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-02-2011 at 11:17 AM.
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #219
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Unfortunately there was another rape reported, this time at Occupy Baltimore. Baltimore is the same place that started handing out pamphlets that discouraged individuals from reporting sexual assaults to the police in a effort to keep the allegations internal.

Raped and Robbed Occupy Baltimore Woman Receives No Help From ‘Activists’ | Video | TheBlaze.com


I think I was 1 rape short in my above post, plus there was one i missed all togather at Occupy Lawrence in Kanas.

This is the current recap of reported rapes or sexual assaults:


1 at Occupy Cleveland
1 at Occupy Dallas (statutory, 14 year old)
1 at Occupy Oakland (questionable)
3 at Occupy Wall Street (NYC), including one on a deaf man
1 at Occupy Lawrence (Kanas)
1 at Occupy Baltimore


Plus 1 at Occupy Glasgow (in the UK)


This brings the total to 8 or 9, plus 1 serial flasher that was arrested in Seattle and 1 serial groper that was arrested in NYC. Again these are a mix of reported rapes from a combination of first hand and second hand testimony, although a minimum of 4 have been reported to police. Heres a good recap of most of the assults:

Occupy Wall Street | Sexual Assault | The Daily Caller

Also a couple more things to add to this list:

An Occupy New Hampshire protester got arrested for trying to pimp out a 16 year old girl to a undercover police officer:

New Hampshire woman, Justina Jensen, tried to pimp Â*out teen she met at Occupy protest: policeÂ* - NY Daily News

And Occupy Madison (Wisconsin) was denied getting their perment reissued do to instances of public masturbation (I guess because theyre no longer willing to be screwed by the banks):

Permit denied for Occupy Madison due to public masturbation - Fayetteville Political Buzz | Examiner.com
__________________

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #220
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,295
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You don't want to debate. You just want to sit up here, paint these guys as the hippies and that they should just go home so you all can continue business as normal. ... Like I said, you don't want to debate and it's obvious by the remarks many of you have made up here.
First, I have not painted them as hippies - I believe I have been very evenhanded in both my portrayal and understanding of individuals within the movemnt.

Second, I am sorry but it is you who continually cut off debate by ignoring valid points, moving your rhetorical target and assuming you have some moral high ground on all the issues. I am happy to debate the validity of the movement, what it stands for and how it can best accomplish it's goals. You, however, have a disconcerting methodology of disparaging/ignoring facts you don't like or are not supportive of your agenda and of selectively addressing questions with answers that would be disprove your answers to other questions (the whole "govt. suing finance companies as evidence of misdoing but not of govt. action" thing - it wasn't the first time you have used such disengenous arguments and I doubt it will be the last).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
As long as you continue with this type of "debate" and nonsense, I'm going to continue to be "angry". You are fine with your arguments of "What do they want?", "What are their demands?", "why are they there?". Valid arguments and points. So why bring the other mud slinging into this? To back up the stereotypes you all have so eloquently painted? I'm going to fight fire with fire. It's how I operate. When you stop stereotyping, so will I.
So when confronted with what you believe to be unreasonable arguments, rather than expose the lack of reason through thoughtful logical responses based in fact, you will simply respond with what you know to be equally unreasonable arguments.

"Fight fire with fire"?? When others act unreasonably or speak illogically it is okay to do the same? That's an excellent way to solve the problems facing America - I am sure that responding to what you believe to be name calling with name calling will raise the level of debate and create a political atmosphere conducive to problem solving.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #221
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,697
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
First, I have not painted them as hippies - I believe I have been very evenhanded in both my portrayal and understanding of individuals within the movemnt.

Second, I am sorry but it is you who continually cut off debate by ignoring valid points, moving your rhetorical target and assuming you have some moral high ground on all the issues. I am happy to debate the validity of the movement, what it stands for and how it can best accomplish it's goals. You, however, have a disconcerting methodology of disparaging/ignoring facts you don't like or are not supportive of your agenda and of selectively addressing questions with answers that would be disprove your answers to other questions (the whole "govt. suing finance companies as evidence of misdoing but not of govt. action" thing - it wasn't the first time you have used such disengenous arguments and I doubt it will be the last).



So when confronted with what you believe to be unreasonable arguments, rather than expose the lack of reason through thoughtful logical responses based in fact, you will simply respond with what you know to be equally unreasonable arguments.

"Fight fire with fire"?? When others act unreasonably or speak illogically it is okay to do the same? That's an excellent way to solve the problems facing America - I am sure that responding to what you believe to be name calling with name calling will raise the level of debate and create a political atmosphere conducive to problem solving.
LOL.....he also stated the he would throw gasoline bombs at police if so provoked.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #222
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: 'Occupy' types

I wonder if the OWS types considered their effect on local, small businesses, and their workers:

Cafe Owner Says He Was Forced To Cut Staff By Nearly A Fourth Because Of 'Occupy' Protests | Fox News

The OWS folks aren't doing anything to hurt Wall Street, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, or corporate CEOs, but they're destroying this small business and certainly others like it so they can keep up their Woodstock-like, 20-something shenanigans.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #223
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 41
Posts: 5,301
Re: 'Occupy' types

Peter Schiff vs. Occupiers

(actually a pretty good dialogue...)

Beemnseven is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #224
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,979
Re: 'Occupy' types

i think its safe to say most of the criminal and vagrant problems associated with the occupy people are from "street" people hitching their wagon to the movement.

the guy who jacks off at an occupy site is the same guy would be doing it under a bridge or behind a dumpster somewhere else. same for people shooting up, etc . . . imo.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #225
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,697
Re: 'Occupy' types

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That is the occupy group. Have you not looked at the 99% of the people involved with occupy. Its not like they could have a job and protest 24/7 for months at a time.
FD, dont be such a hippy hater.
Dont you know its easier to sit in a park and complain you don't have a job than to actually go look for one.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.52283 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25