Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Militiamen plot terror attack

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Militiamen plot terror attack

Not all terrorists are Muslims from abroad it seems.

Federal officials arrested four members of a Georgia militia group Tuesday, alleging that the men were planning to attack state and federal buildings with guns and explosives.

Georgia militia members arrested, accused of plotting ricin attack - latimes.com
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

russian satellites have always had huge issues with that kind of thing. It just never makes the US news cause our media doesn't really care about anything outside our borders.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
russian satellites have always had huge issues with that kind of thing. It just never makes the US news cause our media doesn't really care about anything outside our borders.
No dude. This is Georgia as in Atlanta, King's Mountain, peachtree state, etc., not the former USSR region.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,422
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

The affidavits against the four men -- Frederick Thomas, 73, Dan Roberts, 67, Ray H. Adams, 65, and Samuel J. Crump, 68 -- do not specify the group to which they belonged, indicating only that they were "members of a fringe group of a known militia organization" called the "covert group," which held clandestine meetings in the northeast Georgia foothills.

LOL....beware of pissed off old southerners.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,186
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Expect more of this. The people are fed up with the government to the point they'll start bringing violence into the picture. Instead of trying to go after guys like this (not that they shouldn't), how about we start fixing the issues that cause guys like this to plot violent acts.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Expect more of this. The people are fed up with the government to the point they'll start bringing violence into the picture. Instead of trying to go after guys like this (not that they shouldn't), how about we start fixing the issues that cause guys like this to plot violent acts.
Fine, what's the plan?

1. Stop donations from corporations into political campaigns. Got any candidates willing to back this? Got any plan to deal with the numerous SCOTUS decisions equating monetary contributions as a method of free speech? Got any plan to craft legislation that prohibits corp. contributions while allowing corporate entities to be the campaign finance entity (unless of course you suggest that all contibutions be held privately by the candidates themselves in personal or private business bank accounts)?

2. Ummm .....
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,186
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Fine, what's the plan?

1. Stop donations from corporations into political campaigns. Got any candidates willing to back this? Got any plan to deal with the numerous SCOTUS decisions equating monetary contributions as a method of free speech? Got any plan to craft legislation that prohibits corp. contributions while allowing corporate entities to be the campaign finance entity (unless of course you suggest that all contibutions be held privately by the candidates themselves in personal or private business bank accounts)?

2. Ummm .....

I don't profess to know all the answer JR, I just know the system is broken. My biggest problem I have is mixing business with politics. It's become a dangerous game that has led us down a dreadful path. I feel the same way about religion and politics. Neither one of those two things should influence the people it governs. Why? Because the nature of those two things will overtake what's good for the people and do what's best for their own self interest.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Okay. This I get.

Religion and politics I agree whole heartedly with you.

On the other hand, I just don't see how you can separate business and politics. Business is how the economy functions and it touches everyone of us everyday in innumberable transactions. Government regulates how business is done, if it doesn't bad, bad bad things happen: unregulated free markets, general corruption (how do you verify that that gallon of gas you got is actually a gallon and not .85 of a gallon? Or that certain foods are safe?), etc. How govt. regulates business is determinative of "What's good for the people".

People are business and vice versa. It can't be removed from the political equation.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,186
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay. This I get.

Religion and politics I agree whole heartedly with you.

On the other hand, I just don't see how you can separate business and politics. Business is how the economy functions and it touches everyone of us everyday in innumberable transactions. Government regulates how business is done, if it doesn't bad, bad bad things happen: unregulated free markets, general corruption (how do you verify that that gallon of gas you got is actually a gallon and not .85 of a gallon? Or that certain foods are safe?), etc. How govt. regulates business is determinative of "What's good for the people".

People are business and vice versa. It can't be removed from the political equation.
Maybe I should be more clear on the business and politics quote. I have a problem with Big Businesses and our government.

I'm not saying that government shouldn't make decisions for or based on businesses. I should more or less say "Big Business" should be separated. The majority of jobs in America are due to small business owners, yet the majority of regulation favors big business. They constantly get tax breaks and ship jobs overseas. They are deregulated which allows them to do shady things that lead to economic downfalls, and then expect taxpayers to bail them out.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
When it comes to saving the Constitution, that means some people gotta die.
That explains it all...they are protecting the constitution. Let freedom reign except for the people that gotta die.

Fcking morons.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,186
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
That explains it all...they are protecting the constitution. Let freedom reign except for the people that gotta die.

Fcking morons.

Didn't Bush and the war supporters say the same thing when they claimed to "liberate" the Iraqi people?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Will be very interesting once all the details come out. If the allegations are true, throw the book and these idiots and lock 'em away.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Didn't Bush and the war supporters say the same thing when they claimed to "liberate" the Iraqi people?
No. Just, No. Not even remotely in the same universe. If you can't see the monumental leap required to equate these two actions, I just don't know what to say.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
That explains it all...they are protecting the constitution. Let freedom reign except for the people that gotta die.

Fcking morons.
This.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Militiamen plot terror attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Didn't Bush and the war supporters say the same thing when they claimed to "liberate" the Iraqi people?

No but I am sure there are some redneck hicks who believe external wars are about protecting the constitution. I believe team Bush called it "collateral damage" which apparently detached America from any wrongdoing as far as civilian deaths.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 11-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27977 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25