Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Politics and Poniz Schemes

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,715
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #17
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,624
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Ponzi schemes ... bad.
Little girls and ponies ... good.
Pies ... well, duh.

Oh, and NC_Skins is just wrong - as usual.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

I think NC_Skins isn't as wrong on this one though. Economic crimes should be able to carry more weight at sentencing because of the number of people affected. But if the death penalty lawsuit costs are cost prohibitive now, imagine a DA trying to push it through against a corporate CEO's legal defense team. Even if legal, states simply would never try it, for fear of bankruptcy. And that's using government lawyers fees LOL!!!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #19
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,715
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Ponzi schemes ... bad.
Little girls and ponies ... good.
Pies ... well, duh.

Oh, and NC_Skins is just wrong - as usual.

How so?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,607
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This still wouldn't amount the type of economic devastation that is caused by these jerk offs. I'm willing to take a 3-4 million dollar hit to send a message to anybody out there wanting to bilk billions from people to fund their posh lifestyle. You die.

I agree with making sure a person is innocent, but I'm only for the death penalty in cases where it's clear and overwhelming evidence to support the crime. I'm not talking circumstantial evidence like the Casey Anthony trial.
ALL potential death penalty cases require clear and overwhelming evidence. In fact, they require these things at several levels including appeals. That is why they are more expensive. With your argument you just implicitly called for more expensive trials.

Also, it is a $3-4million hit PER CASE. Add 'em up and it gets pretty expensive.

Or we can put folks in maximum security for life. Then they can't hurt anyone any more, you and I as taxpayers save money, and the criminal spends the rest of his life fearing the reality of dropping soap in the shower.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,607
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Plus it's just barbaric and the ultimate in hypocrisy.
Right on as always Matty.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #22
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,607
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am taking bets on this thread now having more posts on:

choices and odds below:

Ponzi schemes..................... 1000-1
Death Penalty...................... 10-1
Little girls and ponies............ 80-1
Pies................................... 100-1
What if we talk about executing little girls with ponies by drowning them in pie filling?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,715
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
ALL potential death penalty cases require clear and overwhelming evidence. In fact, they require these things at several levels including appeals. That is why they are more expensive. With your argument you just implicitly called for more expensive trials.

Also, it is a $3-4million hit PER CASE. Add 'em up and it gets pretty expensive.

Or we can put folks in maximum security for life. Then they can't hurt anyone any more, you and I as taxpayers save money, and the criminal spends the rest of his life fearing the reality of dropping soap in the shower.
Not sure what I called for would be most expensive. I mean clear cut as in "they have you on camera/film shooting a person". You admit to killing said person and evidence backs up the testimony. Those types of cases would be cheaper if anything. There is generally no defense to a cases like these.

Well, we spend billions of dollars a year blowing up brown people, so what's a couple million per death penalty? A drop in the bucket. In fact, lets divert some of that defense spending over to executing criminals that deserve it.

I realize it's costly, but it's not 36 billion dollars costly like this man's Ponzi scheme.


Anyway, lets steer this subject back to the Ponzi scheme and how sickening this is that politicians take hand outs from guys like this and don't have to give the money back.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,300
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

I haven't had any good Key Lime pie in a long time.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

We had a office celebration day where everyone signed up to bring in a food. I signed up for the apple pie and brought in 8 hot pies from mcdonalds. It cost me 4 dollars and i didn't even have to get out of my car. Everyone still gives me a hard time about it at work
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #26
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,624
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think NC_Skins isn't as wrong on this one though. Economic crimes should be able to carry more weight at sentencing because of the number of people affected. But if the death penalty lawsuit costs are cost prohibitive now, imagine a DA trying to push it through against a corporate CEO's legal defense team. Even if legal, states simply would never try it, for fear of bankruptcy. And that's using government lawyers fees LOL!!!
I agree. White collar crimes should carry stiffer sentencing b/c of the number of people they effect, the difficulty in prosecuting them and the chilling effect it would have on executives in their decisions (I may be wrong, but I believe executives would be more responsive to deterrent sentencing b/c they are more likely to respond to the risk/reward analysis necessary for deterrence to be effective than a criminal committing a violent crime of opportunity).

As for the death penalty being imposed when no one has been killed - well, that's beyond an eye for an eye. Deprive them of their liberty for the rest of their life (w/out chance of parole) in an appropriately un-posh jail and I am all good with that.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,715
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
We had a office celebration day where everyone signed up to bring in a food. I signed up for the apple pie and brought in 8 hot pies from mcdonalds. It cost me 4 dollars and i didn't even have to get out of my car. Everyone still gives me a hard time about it at work
^^ deserves a death penalty too!!


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,624
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
How so?
In the usual ways - oversimplification of the problems you identify and solutions you propose, displaying a superficial knowledge of the philisophical, factual and historical positions you advocate or attack - that sort of thing.

Let's roll back the justice system to a 4000 year old vengence oriented system - good plan. Wouldn't want moral and/or ethical evolution to get in the way of a good hanging!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 11-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #29
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,624
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

I do agree that any of the ill-gotten gains that can be traced should be returned.

I would imagine that tracking the funds received from Petters or groups he fronted, while not simple, should not be an impossible task. I would hope that the Feds, once they have finished the prosecutions (Frank Vennes has yet to go on trial), will aggressively investigate anyone (politician or otherwise) who received money from those convicted of fraud. The politicians in question should search their books and determine just how much they actually received from such groups and work with the Feds to repay (as I am sure the money is now gone) every penny.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #30
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Politics and Poniz Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Plus it's just barbaric and the ultimate in hypocrisy.
No its not.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34069 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25