Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,431
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

This is another case I support the death penalty for. Then again, being in jail as a child molester will be much more torture.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this stupid statement.
He's going to pretend you can sense sarcasm
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #18
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,431
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He's going to pretend you can sense sarcasm
****! Damn you Dirtbag!! ...lol


I thought at first, nah...this is a troll...then I started reading a bunch of shit from PSU fans similar...lol Either way, I feel like a jackass. Sorry DB.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,462
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
****! Damn you Dirtbag!! ...lol


I thought at first, nah...this is a troll...then I started reading a bunch of shit from PSU fans similar...lol Either way, I feel like a jackass. Sorry DB.
Lol. Part of me knows I shouldn't joke about this but it's so appalling that I at least have to do something to lighten the mood.

And there is some truth to what I said. Part of the reason Joe Pa has stayed as head coach for so long is he brings in a ridiculous amount of money from boosters. Penn State for years has been easily one of the most well funded football programs in the country, maybe even the most well funded, and apparently a huge part of that is Joe Pa's ability to solicit donations from boosters.

Anyway heres what I think should happen.

First they need to make sure that none of his kids were abused. This line scares the shit out of me

Quote:
Since retirement, Sandusky has hosted many summer football camps and remains involved in The Second Mile, a children's charity he founded in State College, Pennsylvania in 1977.[6] His son, Jon Sandusky, serves as Director of Player Personnel for the Cleveland Browns.[7][8] Another son, E.J., is an assistant football coach at West Chester University.
Sandusky is married and has six adopted children.[9]
Second enough money needs to be set aside to make sure his wife and remaining minor children have enough money to send the kids to college..

After a necessary amount is determined the rest of his estate and assets should go to paying for pain and suffering towards every kid he's convicted of molesting.

Also Penn State should be held liable. They should be forced to pay for therapy, which unfortunately for all the victims needs to be mandatory since at the very least this experience untreated will put them all at risk for drug abuse, suicide, depression, and violence.

After that Penn State should also be forced to pay out settlements no less then six figures for every child for pain and suffering and also be forced to pay for the victims future college education at the school of their choice. The money they've gotten for football should make that easy.

Penn State football should also get double the punishment USC got for the Reggie Bush scandal. The only reason to keep them bowl eligible is to help raise more money for the victims.

Finally Joe Paterno needs to resign.

This whole incident is unacceptable.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Shocking. I didnt read indictment because after reading a couple articles dont really want to read anymore. Im surprised it isnt as big of a story as it seems to be yet in the news. Tons of headlines are saying things like this is gonna chip away or tarnish his legacy.... Really thats it? He allowed a child predator to persist and is lying that he knew anything about it. Maybe i need to wait for more details to come out, but it sounds like joe was told about this and didnt do anything. I wonder how many more kids got raped when he looked the other way? Ive always been a big fan but if Paterno doesnt step down immediately hopefully the new AD will fire him immediately and anyone else who even heard rumors of this shit going on.

Amazing someone can see that kind of stuff first hand and not run to report it to the police. Or how when someone reports it to a higher up they dont immediately report it the police. Its like telling your boss the next day that there was a fire in the lockeroom, you dont do that, you just call the fire department immediately or try and put it out yourself. I mean what is there to think about or consider? Everyone that didnt report the rapes enabled future rapes of children to take place later on. Sick.

It does however make you think about the psychology or thought of a person seeing that kind of stuff happen and not intervening, calling the police or speaking up or doing anything about it when its effectively swept under the rug by someone above you. The power of conformity when people above you or your peers all look the other way has to play a roll in this. I think its easy for all of us to say we would have intervened or ran to the police, but when regular people from a janitor to a grad assistant to a wrestling coach all see things and dont report it maybe its harder to do what seems so intuitive otherwise.
__________________

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-07-2011 at 09:47 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #21
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is another case I support the death penalty for. Then again, being in jail as a child molester will be much more torture.
He'd immediately request solitary. The other prisoners would beat his brains in before he could set foot in the door.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #22
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,431
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Charity says cut ties with accused football coach - Yahoo! News

This sick mother ****er met his victims from the very charity he started to "help troubled boys." **** yes this guy should die and it should be public. I say shoot him, then hang him, then tattoo them, then kill him!!!


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 11-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is another case I support the death penalty for. Then again, being in jail as a child molester will be much more torture.
As bad as this sounds, what if the guy actually enjoys getting d in the a? We already know he gave a 10 year old kid oral, so there's no telling if he might enjoy taking it up the butt too. That's why I said there's just no justice possible whatsoever, because nothing you could do to this dude would bring any relief whatsoever to these kids who have been scarred by him.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #24
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Lavar Arrington's thoughts on the subject.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #25
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

I will not argue that Paterno isn't culpable in this, although I think there's a human element to this story that's being obscured. Let's start with looking at Lavar's comments about his former coach Sandusky in the Washington Post (reprinted in the ESPN.com story):

"I'm perplexed as to how someone who did so much good could end up being accused of something so bad. I have my own kids, and I know how strongly I feel about them and protecting them from hurt, harm and danger. Selfishly I hope that Jerry is innocent, but if he isn't, as a parent my thought is may God show mercy on him ... On one side I want Jerry to be innocent because he was a great man to me, but on the other side, as a responsible parent if he did molest or assault those children, then he needs to be responsible for his actions, as we all have to be."

So while we are painting Sandusky as a monster - fairly - remember that even the most evil man is complex. Never more so than here. People who knew Sandusky loved him, described him as a great person and teacher, and a brilliant football mind. That all but the latter are now coming undone doesn't change the fact that he obviously had very good qualities, which I think Lavar's quote captures. My point not being to humanize someone guilty of the inhuman, but to help us to understand how Paterno would, in what was clearly in retrospect bad judgment, not rush to vigilantism against one of his oldest and most trusted colleagues. He was presented with this information and told the AD. He probably hoped it wasn't true. Jerry couldn't be guilty of that? No way, I know him.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine was accused of a monstrous sex crime. I didn't believe it. How could I? This was someone I knew, had driven across the country with, confessed my deepest thoughts to. I was not in a position to report his behavior to police but I can tell you that I wouldn't have, not because I would have wanted to protect him, but because I couldn't at that time bring myself to believe that someone I knew that well could be guilty of such a crime. Well guilty he was.

We live in a cynical age in which our most trusted leaders and public figures almost always break our hearts. They lie. They cheat. They steal. They fall short, again and again. You see that cynicism here and in other discussions: Paterno knows more than he's letting on goes the charge. Maybe, and if so I won't defend him. But isn't it possible that he didn't believe that this could be true about Jerry? That he did what was legally required of him (no debate there) but no more given the circumstances? And if so, does it really undo five decades of work in which he touched thousands of lives in a positive way?

I don't know. I know people are angry and want retribution. Maybe I am falling into that same trap ... I just can't believe that about Joe.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #26
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
As bad as this sounds, what if the guy actually enjoys getting d in the a? We already know he gave a 10 year old kid oral, so there's no telling if he might enjoy taking it up the butt too. That's why I said there's just no justice possible whatsoever, because nothing you could do to this dude would bring any relief whatsoever to these kids who have been scarred by him.
They don't bend you over in jail if you're a child molester, they kill you.

Child molester/rapists that don't ask immediately for administrative segregation is ASKING for a death sentence. Prisoners want nothing to do with rapists and child molesters.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #27
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
They don't bend you over in jail if you're a child molester, they kill you.

Child molester/rapists that don't ask immediately for administrative segregation is ASKING for a death sentence. Prisoners want nothing to do with rapists and child molesters.
Ah, I always assumed the rapists were the ones getting raped in jail, but death is a welcome alternative to that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #28
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, he knew about the allegations, and all he did was mention it to the AD. He certainly didn't do all he could, that's for damn sure. There's plenty of blame to go around here, and a portion of it falls on Joe Pa's shoulders.
Joe Pa deserves a ton of blame.

Cant believe Joe Pa defense is gonna be "i reported it" to the AD like he did the right thing.

Sorry, but Joe Pa is a scumbag and everyone knows the AD worked for him and not he worked for the AD.

The obvious right thing to do is call the authorities, I hope this taints Joe Pa so called legacy, Ive lost all respect for the man.

I hope Penn St gets sued so bad the program folds, most over rated football program in the land anyways.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #29
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,596
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I will not argue that Paterno isn't culpable in this, although I think there's a human element to this story that's being obscured. Let's start with looking at Lavar's comments about his former coach Sandusky in the Washington Post (reprinted in the ESPN.com story):

"I'm perplexed as to how someone who did so much good could end up being accused of something so bad. I have my own kids, and I know how strongly I feel about them and protecting them from hurt, harm and danger. Selfishly I hope that Jerry is innocent, but if he isn't, as a parent my thought is may God show mercy on him ... On one side I want Jerry to be innocent because he was a great man to me, but on the other side, as a responsible parent if he did molest or assault those children, then he needs to be responsible for his actions, as we all have to be."

So while we are painting Sandusky as a monster - fairly - remember that even the most evil man is complex. Never more so than here. People who knew Sandusky loved him, described him as a great person and teacher, and a brilliant football mind. That all but the latter are now coming undone doesn't change the fact that he obviously had very good qualities, which I think Lavar's quote captures. My point not being to humanize someone guilty of the inhuman, but to help us to understand how Paterno would, in what was clearly in retrospect bad judgment, not rush to vigilantism against one of his oldest and most trusted colleagues. He was presented with this information and told the AD. He probably hoped it wasn't true. Jerry couldn't be guilty of that? No way, I know him.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine was accused of a monstrous sex crime. I didn't believe it. How could I? This was someone I knew, had driven across the country with, confessed my deepest thoughts to. I was not in a position to report his behavior to police but I can tell you that I wouldn't have, not because I would have wanted to protect him, but because I couldn't at that time bring myself to believe that someone I knew that well could be guilty of such a crime. Well guilty he was.

We live in a cynical age in which our most trusted leaders and public figures almost always break our hearts. They lie. They cheat. They steal. They fall short, again and again. You see that cynicism here and in other discussions: Paterno knows more than he's letting on goes the charge. Maybe, and if so I won't defend him. But isn't it possible that he didn't believe that this could be true about Jerry? That he did what was legally required of him (no debate there) but no more given the circumstances? And if so, does it really undo five decades of work in which he touched thousands of lives in a positive way?

I don't know. I know people are angry and want retribution. Maybe I am falling into that same trap ... I just can't believe that about Joe.
Sorry dude this guy is a piece of trash, complete trash. The devil comes to us in many forms very rarely does he come as a monster, he used the good attributes you described about him to hide his true monstrous acts. Joe Pa was shown the devil and he choose to not bring him to justice and for that Joe Pa is guilt. Joe Pa has to be the most powerful man on that campus and he choose not to use that power to bring this devil out. For that I say FAWK YOU Joe Pa and for every kid that got molested after Joe Pa knew of this and said nothing I give Joe PA a DOUBLE FAWK YOU! Rot in hell you old piece of shit and everyone else wrapped up in this.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #30
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,498
Re: Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Penn State

There was a Sandusky in Baltimore that reports sports (don't know if he still does), anyone know if he is any relation? Just curious.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37160 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25