Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #151
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,737
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Occupy Collin County Blog Subpoena’d for Identities of All Posters and Commenters | Occupy Collin County


Occupy protester's Twitter posts subpoenaed - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com



Not becoming a police state? I beg to differ. They want to squelch the peasants as much as possible and they are going to trample on any civil right they deem necessary to do it.

Killing the content and people spreading the word keeps the people separated from a single movement. Simple concept. Control the message, and you control the people. Which is why they really want control over the internet.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #152
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Occupy Collin County Blog Subpoena’d for Identities of All Posters and Commenters | Occupy Collin County


Occupy protester's Twitter posts subpoenaed - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com



Not becoming a police state? I beg to differ. They want to squelch the peasants as much as possible and they are going to trample on any civil right they deem necessary to do it.

Killing the content and people spreading the word keeps the people separated from a single movement. Simple concept. Control the message, and you control the people. Which is why they really want control over the internet.
Who is this "they" you are talking about. This is about Vale Krenik vs a protester subpeonaing Tweets and the "victim" is getting help filing a counter motion.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #153
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,737
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Who is this "they" you are talking about. This is about Vale Krenik vs a protester subpeonaing Tweets and the "victim" is getting help filing a counter motion.

So you are to believe it's just random lawyer out of nowhere subpenaing these names for his divorce case?...lol (another case was cited as well)


People with power, want to stay in power. It's the nature of humanity. People kill and steal over wealth and power all the time. People use other pawns and soldiers to do their bidding in power plays. If the people with power can gain some leverage or upper hand by obtaining these IDs, then they sure as hell are going to do it.

The fact the judges issued the subpenas to begin with is a joke. Should be disbarred from practicing law.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #154
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So you are to believe it's just random lawyer out of nowhere subpenaing these names for his divorce case?...lol (another case was cited as well)


People with power, want to stay in power. It's the nature of humanity. People kill and steal over wealth and power all the time. People use other pawns and soldiers to do their bidding in power plays. If the people with power can gain some leverage or upper hand by obtaining these IDs, then they sure as hell are going to do it.

The fact the judges issued the subpenas to begin with is a joke. Should be disbarred from practicing law.
Nope, I just needed a little more clarification on the "they" you were referring to and the tentative link to legislation such as SOPA>
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #155
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 30
Posts: 14,750
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

TLWH Dave from TLWH
Breaking News: Piratebay is down and possibly gone ... on Pirate Bay Founders Lose Right to Appeal - Tech Europe - WSJ #piratebay
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Just like the War On Drugs a dozen other sites will be ready to take it's place and pretty soon torrents will be replaced with newer, better, and harder to track file-sharing technology. All of which will continue to force content companies to innovate.

Edit: Apparently I spoke to soon.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 02-02-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #156
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,598
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

still up and working...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #157
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post

Which is funny about mentioning the retro equipment. I cannot believe that walkman is going for over $70 so far!
F'n hipsters.....

Sony Walkman Pro wm-d6c cassette-corder VERY NICE CONDITION | eBay
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #158
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Talk about high return on investment.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #159
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 30
Posts: 14,750
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Apparently it could come back if the source code for the site is released and someone else becomes willing to run it.

Torrent Search Engine BTJunkie Voluntarily Shuts Down | Threat Level | Wired.com
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #160
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
And it would be even more dangerous for physical objects to be downloaded. If you could replicate food you could also replicate drugs. If you could replicate precious metals then you could also replicate guns. Also regulation of food, air pollution, drugs, medicine. I don't know maybe we're in a time where we can't even think of something like that.
3-D Printing for the Masses: MakerBot's Replicator - NYTimes.com
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #161
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,598
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

which is great, if you want to pirate chunky looking lego blocks at $25 a pound and at very slow speed....
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #162
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,692
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
It would be hilarious if the location was, "somewhere you've probably never heard of."
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #163
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
which is great, if you want to pirate chunky looking lego blocks at $25 a pound and at very slow speed....
Where are those alchemists? It's time to revive their practice.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #164
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,598
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Where are those alchemists? It's time to revive their practice.
you know, russians HAVE turned lead into gold... inside the shielding in some of their reactors... (not on purpose). I think they ran the math and figured the price gold had to hit before it'd be profitable, but I can't remember the details...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #165
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 30
Posts: 14,750
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
you know, russians HAVE turned lead into gold... inside the shielding in some of their reactors... (not on purpose). I think they ran the math and figured the price gold had to hit before it'd be profitable, but I can't remember the details...
FWIW there's also diamond sized moons floating in space.
Moon-sized diamond found in space • The Register
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35358 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25