Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Trayvon Martin Case

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #136
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Didnt know this until this morning, Zimmerman has had 2 arrest due to violence. 2005 assulting a police officer and 2007 domestic violence and had a restraining order taken out on him by an x girlfriend. So he has a violent history and a pattern of violence. Is this the type of person you want walking around your neighborhood?

This piece of shit needs to be locked up for a long long time period

Martin, on the other hand, had no criminal history or arrest, but is now being painted as some thug? This ****ing world is losing its mind.
You left out that he also had a restrainorder on his girlfriend taken out on her. He was also not charged with any crime. They also dropped those charges of assulting a cop. This is just an attack on his character to distract from the real facts in the case.
firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #137
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,648
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Again, historical attributes are circumstantial at best. Do I want him patrolling my neighborhood? Nope and certainly don't want him doing so armed - hell, I don't want anyone other than the police to be armed as they stroll down my street. Does the past history prove he is guilty of instigating a physical altercation and murdering someone in the instant case? Nope.

As RR said, and as you intimate, strip all the characterizations away from both Zimmerman and Martin. Look at the facts of the incident and nothing else:

Guy A followed Guy B and a conversation took place between them. At some point a physical altercation between Guy A and Guy B took place. Both Guy A and Guy B had a legal right to be where the physical altercation took place. No one witnessed the beginning of the physical altercation and it is unknown who started or what was the immediate cause of the physical altercation. During the physical altercation, Guy A shot Guy B. Guy A had the legal right to carry a gun. Guy A was injured in the altercation and, at one point, Guy B was observed on top of and beating Guy B. When questioned, Guy A asserted self-defense in fear of life and limb and no witnesses exist to dispute Guy A's assertion.

We can speculate endlessly as to the thought processes of either these guys but, as a society, we can (and should) only punish for the actions taken based on credible evidence. From the facts of the incident, I don't even think you have a manslaughter case under the relevant Florida statutes.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #138
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Great post, JoeRedskin.

The only issue I have is the assertion that both had a legal reason to be where they were. I still don't understand why Martin was in a gated community that he didn't live in with his drink and snack he would have purchased elsewhere.

And I'm not saying that's cause for gun play or more than a finger wag.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #139
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Again, historical attributes are circumstantial at best. Do I want him patrolling my neighborhood? Nope and certainly don't want him doing so armed - hell, I don't want anyone other than the police to be armed as they stroll down my street. Does the past history prove he is guilty of instigating a physical altercation and murdering someone in the instant case? Nope.

As RR said, and as you intimate, strip all the characterizations away from both Zimmerman and Martin. Look at the facts of the incident and nothing else:

Guy A followed Guy B and a conversation took place between them. At some point a physical altercation between Guy A and Guy B took place. Both Guy A and Guy B had a legal right to be where the physical altercation took place. No one witnessed the beginning of the physical altercation and it is unknown who started or what was the immediate cause of the physical altercation. During the physical altercation, Guy A shot Guy B. Guy A had the legal right to carry a gun. Guy A was injured in the altercation and, at one point, Guy B was observed on top of and beating Guy B. When questioned, Guy A asserted self-defense in fear of life and limb and no witnesses exist to dispute Guy A's assertion.

We can speculate endlessly as to the thought processes of either these guys but, as a society, we can (and should) only punish for the actions taken based on credible evidence. From the facts of the incident, I don't even think you have a manslaughter case under the relevant Florida statutes.
You should be a lawyer. Great post.
firstdown is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #140
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,693
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

this neighborhood watch guy is the ultimate piece of shit. He's in the wrong no question whether the law says so or not, i could careless. He's the typical piece of shit that has nothing better to do than walk around with a gun, bully people, wishing he had some authority over people. He is the reason we need tougher gun laws, b/c people like this with a criminal history such as his shouldnt have guns.

He finally got what which he shoulda got a lonnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago, a good ass whipping. Please believe me, if i was Martin's age and I had some f*cking nut following me around, acting like he was gonna rob or abduct me- I woulda leveled the guy too.

There is justice being served right now by the public and Zimmerman better pray he's charged. Cause he's not gonna be able to set foot in public again in the state of Florida. He better watch his damn back.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #141
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Way to go Spike....sigh

Spike Lee tweets wrong address of Trayvon Martin's shooter; elderly couple flees after threats | syracuse.com
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #142
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,648
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
this neighborhood watch guy is the ultimate piece of shit. He's in the wrong no question whether the law says so or not, i could careless. He's the typical piece of shit that has nothing better to do than walk around with a gun, bully people, wishing he had some authority over people. He is the reason we need tougher gun laws, b/c people like this with a criminal history such as his shouldnt have guns.

He finally got what which he shoulda got a lonnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago, a good ass whipping. Please believe me, if i was Martin's age and I had some f*cking nut following me around, acting like he was gonna rob or abduct me- I woulda leveled the guy too.

There is justice being served right now by the public and Zimmerman better pray he's charged. Cause he's not gonna be able to set foot in public again in the state of Florida. He better watch his damn back.
<sigh> Bring on the pitch forks and lynch mobs. Damn the facts and law. Justice is malleable and means only what popular opinion says it is.

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

WILLIAM ROPER: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

SIR THOMAS MORE: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

ROPER: Iíd cut down every law in England to do that!

MORE: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned íround on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Manís laws, not Godís! And if you cut them down, and youíre just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, Iíd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safetyís sake!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #143
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
He's in the wrong no question whether the law says so or not, i could careless.
Wow.......
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #144
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Posted by mlmpetert yesterday at 03-27-2012, 11:35 AM but thanks for the reminder.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #145
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,063
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I havent seen the movie since 8th grade english class but diddnt johnny boy stright up murder at least one of socs?
no, just one in legitimate self defense
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #146
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,693
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
<sigh> Bring on the pitch forks and lynch mobs. Damn the facts and law. Justice is malleable and means only what popular opinion says it is.

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

WILLIAM ROPER: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

SIR THOMAS MORE: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

ROPER: Iíd cut down every law in England to do that!

MORE: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned íround on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Manís laws, not Godís! And if you cut them down, and youíre just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, Iíd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safetyís sake!
the law is always right??? History says no. facts are facts i agree, a man with a gun roaming a neighborhood (to protect everyone right?) harrassing children subjectively to what fit his discription of the common criminal (black in hoodie). He finds his discription, his direct harrassment leads to a physical altercation that leads to the death of a child with tea and skittles. Justice served right? i find it strange he has the right under law to shoot children.

Let me go home and grab my handgun and roam peoples neighborhood randomly and question children. if i dont get the answer i like and a child starts actingly like a child, then damn it i have the right to pull out my gun and shoot them. this country is great.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #147
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
no, just one in legitimate self defense
Coincidentally i was thinking about that movie about a week ago and looked it up on netflix but they didnt have it streaming. It probably wont live up to what i remember, but i think im gonna have to buy it now.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #148
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,063
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Coincidentally i was thinking about that movie about a week ago and looked it up on netflix but they didnt have it streaming. It probably wont live up to what i remember, but i think im gonna have to buy it now.
i bought it when i bought the book, it was $6. cheaper than the book. it will let you down, but it's still the outsiders
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #149
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

i heard Trayvon's mom say this yesterday at a news conference. I honestly didt see this as a racial issue at all. I think i may be waaayyyy to naive when it comes to this kind of stuff.

"They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation."

Read more: Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #150
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,912
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You should be a lawyer. Great post.
mooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36310 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25