Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Trayvon Martin Case

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #166
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well apparently he needed a gun he was soooo afraid.


"oh these teenagers are so dangerous these days with there skittles, ice teas, cell phones....i better get a gun. Ill piss myself if i have to have a conversation with one"
So we've abandoned any pretence of logic, reason or rational argument?

Fair enough. <taps out>
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #167
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Hey Mods, we need to go to 5 stars for the rating on this thread, it's the best ever!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #168
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

For those who keep trying to politicalize this (not saying anyone here is), the story keeps getting worse and worse for them.

Not only does Zimmerman have to be a White-Hispanic, from a multiracial family, with Black family members, but he and his wife also have to tutor 2 young kids that are Black, and he also has a friend who is Black willing to publically support. Now, to make matters even worse, it turns out the SOB is a registered Democrat!!!! The media better think of something quick because they are running out of angles.

Voting Form Shows George Zimmerman Is A Registered Democrat, Confounding Message Pushed By Left - International Business Times

__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #169
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,508
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So we've abandoned any pretence of logic, reason or rational argument?

Fair enough. <taps out>
there is no arguement. You've made your point about the law, I get it. I dont agree with it and understand what your saying. I think laws were broken and lines were crossed. Im not changing my mind. I think there will be charges brought and rightfully so. There is speculation on both sides, sure. Mob mentality sure, cliche as ever. Zimmerman shoulda never messed with the kid period. You can't have people walking around with guns accusing people of wrong doing based on speculation, call the cops. He had no authority to do that.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #170
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
there is no arguement. You've made your point about the law, I get it. I dont agree with it and understand what your saying. I think laws were broken and lines were crossed. Im not changing my mind. I think there will be charges brought and rightfully so. There is speculation on both sides, sure. Mob mentality sure, cliche as ever. Zimmerman shoulda never messed with the kid period. You can't have people walking around with guns accusing people of wrong doing based on speculation, call the cops. He had no authority to do that.

But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #171
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
Your lucky You haven't been shot
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #172
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Your lucky You haven't been shot
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #173
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,508
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
But see this is my point... I haven't seen the proof that Zimmerman did anything but follow Martin around. I will tell you, I have done that too in my neighborhood.

The individuals I have followed have, on occasion, asked why I was following them. In those cases I have told them - I don't recognize them and I saw them looking in my neighbors cars and testing doors. I also tell them I have called the police and take their photo. Am I "harrasing" them? Am I "messing with them"? If one of them chooses to assault me or grab my phone is it my fault?

At some point, either Zimmerman or Martin started the verbal confrontation which apparently escalated. You assume it Zimmerman b/c he had a gun and was part of a neighborhood watch. Fair enough. You don't want to change your mind? Fine, not asking you to do so.

Just asking you to open it.
I gotcha, I keep an open mind too. But just do me that solid and wear your hoodie to court or your office this friday. We doing that here.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #174
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I wear my hoodie all the time friend. A black one with the 70th anniversary "Redskins" logo emblazoned across the front.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #175
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,239
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.
best comment of the thread imo. if zimmerman would have done any of the things you listed out in your post i would imagine that martin would be alive, and they both would have walked away unscathed. it's things like this that should be drilled into everyone of these retards who think they need to walk around with a gun strapped to their side. instead they take a 2 hour course and are on their way.

it really is scary to think where the majority of our society is headed, common ****ing sense went out the window a long time ago. it's always nice to know there are some people out there that are doing it right, or at least trying to, and i thank you for that.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #176
Playmaker
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,105
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It really doesn't matter if it's a child, teenager or senile 80 year old - use whatever emotionally charged adjective you wish. Ultimately, for deadly force to be allowed, you have to be in reasonable fear of your life. I agree that it would take a lot of extrinsic evidence to show that an 8 year old attacked you and put you in reasonable fear of your life - that would be a hard sell under the best of circumstance. Regardless, if he/she did, then you (in Florida and I would assume elsewhere) can use deadly force.

As witnessed by the neighbor, Martin had Zimmerman on his back and was beating him and attempting to create serious head trauma. Zimmerman had injuries consistent with such a beating. If Zimmerman did something first that left Trayvon no choice but to resort to physical violence (pull the gun out, maybe even flash it and say "I can't wait for you to turn around"), then Martin is the wronged party and murder is the appropriate charge. That may well have been what happened BUT - and I'll say this yet again - THERE IS NO PROOF THAT THIS HAPPENED.

Otherwise, you don't like me "harrassing" you, you don't like me following you on a public street? Tough shit. If we are in public, and I don't touch or threaten you with imminent physical harm, you aren't allowed to use violence first. This is what Zimmerman alleged happened and - here it is again - THERE IS NO PROOF TO CONTRADICT HIS ALLEGATION.

There is no proof one way or the other of the ultimate determinative fact. It is simply conjecture based on your perceptions of the two parties (Kid, thug, vigilante, family man), the known facts and the disputed facts.

but whatever ... popular opinion and lynchmobs can never be wrong.
I see the point you're making. However, I feel the need to point out that there could at least be a little more dispute about the facts of the case had one of the two parties not committed homicide.

I mean, it sure would be easier to prove that Trayvon threw the first punch if he were around to admit that he did, wouldn't it?
jdlea is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #177
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I see the point you're making. However, I feel the need to point out that there could at least be a little more dispute about the facts of the case had one of the two parties not committed homicide.

I mean, it sure would be easier to prove that Trayvon threw the first punch if he were around to admit that he did, wouldn't it?
Maybe. Or, maybe it's simply a case of two guys saying "He punched me first".

It's a tragedy, plain and simple. Sometimes tragedies occur and their is no good resolution, no story book ending. Sometimes bad things happen and, after all the durm and strang, all your left with is the bad thing. It sucks but it's reality.

Seek truth, accept that you will not always find it.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #178
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Trust me, I am conscience of that. I have only done this in broad daylight when I know other neighbors are around. I purposely speak very loud, keep my distance, make it clear I am unarmed and am as polite as I can be. I also don't follow guys (yes, it's always guys doing this) wearing clothing that could easily conceal a gun. If someone reaches for something, I am jumping behind the nearest parked car.

At the same time, it's my neighborhood. I will not simply go into hiding and hope others will protect us - that's not the man I am nor the man I want my son to grow into.
I agree no doubt, I'm was actually just kidding lol but seriously yeah anything can happen to anyone at anytime. It's a sad case unfortunately someone died and we will probably never know the truth behind it all
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #179
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,019
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Okay... What's the catch here?

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #180
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32416 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25