Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #361
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
First this:
The Obama event registry — Blog — Barack Obama


Then this:
President Obama Donates - YouTube


Now this:
Obama birthday card | TheBlaze.com


At what point does it become just good old fashion pandering?
I'd much rather him pander than have three billionaires (Shelly Adelson, Foster Friess, Koch brothers) bankroll his campaign and dictate policy.

If a guy cuts a $10 million check to your campaign, the next logical question is what does he want in return.
12thMan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #362
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So we should read Rick Ungar article as biased but the Heritage article as unbiased? LOL
All that stupid Heritage article shows is government spending increasing. When has it not year over year? You think as a percentage snapshots from 1960s to 2000 would think it would compare favorably to 2010 to 2050?


There is a simple way to prove you and the Heritage Foundation are full of it with a simple question: Can you account account for the 5 trillion dollars and show us the math?


The really sad thing is you don't even need to exaggerate deficit spending, his numbers scary enough on their own.
It's like how many different ways can we have this argument with the right, this administration has not signed into law or even proposed $5 trillion in spending. I guess because Heritage said it that makes it true though.
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #363
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'd much rather him pander than have three billionaires (Shelly Adelson, Foster Friess, Koch brothers) bankroll his campaign and dictate policy.

If a guy cuts a $10 million check to your campaign, the next logical question is what does he want in return.


And unions don't do the same thing?
firstdown is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #364
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
[/B]

And unions don't do the same thing?
What union is bankrolling Obama's campaign to the tune of a billion dollars or even hundreds of thousands?

For what it's worth, every union isn't all warm and fuzzy with Obama. Don't know where you got that from.
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #365
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
What union is bankrolling Obama's campaign to the tune of a billion dollars or even hundreds of thousands?

For what it's worth, every union isn't all warm and fuzzy with Obama. Don't know where you got that from.
In 2004 UAW contributed $ 4.1M to Obama. In 2000-2008, UAW contributed over $ 23M to Dems, $ 193K to the GOP.

So for a $ 23M investment they got back $ 23BILLION.....1000 times ROI, pretty damn good.....just one example.

The bundlers at Solyndra and other green energy companies that made off with taxpayer backed loans only donated in the hundreds of thousands, yet got millions....another great play.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #366
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
What union is bankrolling Obama's campaign to the tune of a billion dollars or even hundreds of thousands?

For what it's worth, every union isn't all warm and fuzzy with Obama. Don't know where you got that from.

I think your mean a million dollars. Sadly i wonder how long it is until we see a campaign that costs a billion? This year or 2016?

I thought this was kind of funny. We all remember Obama hooking his biggest bundlers up with jobs:

Report: Nearly 80% of Obama’s Top Bundlers Given “Key Administration Posts” - ABC News


Well by doing so it has complicated, and probably limited, the amount of money he can raise this go around. They cant campaign for him the way they did now that theyre part of the administration.

What Obama's Richest Donors Tell Us About His Campaign - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #367
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's like how many different ways can we have this argument with the right, this administration has not signed into law or even proposed $5 trillion in spending. I guess because Heritage said it that makes it true though.
Bush and Congress left FY2009 (except DoD & DHS) under CR until after the election. Obama signed the FY2009 spending bills in March 2009. The Obama Administration and Dems in Congress had complete control until after the mid-terms, they've neglected to do anything about the fundamental problems in the budget.

This falls squarely on Obama, if he was serious about what's best for the country and not being an idealogue, he had the bully-pulpit, could've driven true "change" in DC, and gone down as one of the greatest POTUS. Instead he chose to govern from the far left and that hasn't worked out so well.

I'm not a Clinton fan, but the guy was a master politican and knew there were times to track to the center for the good of the country (or his party's re-election chances, either way it worked out).

Here's some details from WaPo: Is Obama responsible for a $5 trillion increase in the debt? - The Washington Post

Key takeaways from the link and a sublink:
- “While it’s true that revenue has decreased by a small amount, spending has soared — and it’s the role of a president to set a budget that ensures that spending stays in line with available revenue,” Fehrnstrom said. “President Obama has both increased non-defense discretionary spending and failed to propose any serious reforms to entitlement spending.” He noted that non-defense discretionary spending — annually appropriated by Congress — has increased significantly under Obama.

- The nation has a revenue problem and a spending problem — or else there would not be a deficit.

Just a couple other quick hits:
Why did Obama ignore his own Debt Commission?
WARREN BUFFETT: “Well it – you go back to what, you know, Kemp-Roth and all that that too that they were working on that. I think what happened with Simpson-Bowles was an absolute tragedy. I mean here are two extremely high-grade people. They have somewhat different ideas about government but they’re smart. They’re decent. They’ve got good senses of humor, too. They’re good at working with people.
They work like a devil for ten months or something like that. They compromise. They bring in people as far apart as Durbin and Coburn to get them to sign on and then they’re totally ignored. I think that’s a travesty.” (CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” 11/12/11)

Thoughts from Mark Warner: Senator Mark Warner talks debt reduction and Rep. Ryan plan – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #368
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's like how many different ways can we have this argument with the right, this administration has not signed into law or even proposed $5 trillion in spending. I guess because Heritage said it that makes it true though.
Has this administration ever even passed a budget?
firstdown is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #369
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,952
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Bush and Congress left FY2009 (except DoD & DHS) under CR until after the election. Obama signed the FY2009 spending bills in March 2009. The Obama Administration and Dems in Congress had complete control until after the mid-terms, they've neglected to do anything about the fundamental problems in the budget.

This falls squarely on Obama, if he was serious about what's best for the country and not being an idealogue, he had the bully-pulpit, could've driven true "change" in DC, and gone down as one of the greatest POTUS. Instead he chose to govern from the far left and that hasn't worked out so well.

I'm not a Clinton fan, but the guy was a master politican and knew there were times to track to the center for the good of the country (or his party's re-election chances, either way it worked out).

Here's some details from WaPo: Is Obama responsible for a $5 trillion increase in the debt? - The Washington Post

Key takeaways from the link and a sublink:
- “While it’s true that revenue has decreased by a small amount, spending has soared — and it’s the role of a president to set a budget that ensures that spending stays in line with available revenue,” Fehrnstrom said. “President Obama has both increased non-defense discretionary spending and failed to propose any serious reforms to entitlement spending.” He noted that non-defense discretionary spending — annually appropriated by Congress — has increased significantly under Obama.

- The nation has a revenue problem and a spending problem — or else there would not be a deficit.

Just a couple other quick hits:
Why did Obama ignore his own Debt Commission?
WARREN BUFFETT: “Well it – you go back to what, you know, Kemp-Roth and all that that too that they were working on that. I think what happened with Simpson-Bowles was an absolute tragedy. I mean here are two extremely high-grade people. They have somewhat different ideas about government but they’re smart. They’re decent. They’ve got good senses of humor, too. They’re good at working with people.
They work like a devil for ten months or something like that. They compromise. They bring in people as far apart as Durbin and Coburn to get them to sign on and then they’re totally ignored. I think that’s a travesty.” (CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” 11/12/11)

Thoughts from Mark Warner: Senator Mark Warner talks debt reduction and Rep. Ryan plan – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

I would have thought the takeaway from the article was the fact that it got a Pinocchio, a rating described as:

Quote:
Some shading of the facts. Selective telling of the truth. Some omissions and exaggerations, but no outright falsehoods.
Next time shoot for "The Geppetto Checkmark," it's likely to prove you lot aren't full of it.

Also, Bush submitted the 2009 budget in 2008. What was obama suppose to do? Not sign it and start from scratch? LOL...signing the budget is a formality.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 08-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.
saden1 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #370
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,173
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
In 2004 UAW contributed $ 4.1M to Obama. In 2000-2008, UAW contributed over $ 23M to Dems, $ 193K to the GOP.

So for a $ 23M investment they got back $ 23BILLION.....1000 times ROI, pretty damn good.....just one example.

The bundlers at Solyndra and other green energy companies that made off with taxpayer backed loans only donated in the hundreds of thousands, yet got millions....another great play.
What about Wall Street ,you hammer Unions and forget about the uber weathly CEO's who took down Wall St in the first place ...UNDER BUSH's ...reign of terror.Lets not forget the Auto Industry is paying it back.

Government Bailout of Ford GM Chrysler and the Auto Industry


Very good break down of the whole thing!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #371
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,173
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

This is what Mittins brings to the table......



__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #372
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,024
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
Buddy Roemer was never given a chance to even debate. Gary Johnson was allowed to attend one debate. They were not crazy enough to be selected for the Republican Party sideshow that went on this year.

It seems Gary Johnson is now on the Libertarian Party ticket, and if he could poll above 15% he can attend the debates. He will move the discussion away from the BS talking points, and I for one would love to see that.


Smart man.




Listen to this Fox News guy trying to spew vile and drum up fear.(in regards to Iran)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #373
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,173
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'd much rather him pander than have three billionaires (Shelly Adelson, Foster Friess, Koch brothers) bankroll his campaign and dictate policy.

If a guy cuts a $10 million check to your campaign, the next logical question is what does he want in return.


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #374
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Also, Bush submitted the 2009 budget in 2008. What was obama suppose to do? Not sign it and start from scratch? LOL...signing the budget is a formality.
Obama had Congress in 2009, he didn't need to start from scratch just make positive changes. Actually most of the delay in signing FY2009 was due to the Dems in Congress gambling Obama would win and they could get increases Bush wouldn't sign.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #375
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,173
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

...another Romney success.


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 2.43746 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25