Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #721
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

You guys should have been a part of my FB status I made. Sparked some serious comments...lol My friend up up crushing this Romney supporter with his constant accusations of Obama being a socialist/marxist.


Quote:
>> I know your grinning now because you got me, right? What about Romneycare you say? Yeah that is social health care as well. The big difference is not in either of those abominations but that while Romney is a big government guy he still believes in capitalism and this country whereas Obama believes in socialism and thinks American is bad.

There is no government in the entire world that is completely laissez-faire capitalism, except maybe Somalia because they don't have a government, and they're not exactly the picture of prosperity. This whole idea that Obama doesn't "believe" in capitalism is a sham. They are both about the same degree of capitalists, Romney just argues whatever point is most politically convenient for him at the time. They both voted for the auto bailouts, they both voted for TARP, etc. The biggest trick the GOP has ever pulled has been convincing everyone that they are small-government and pro-freedom (Patriot act anyone?) Every single GOP president in the last 40 years has seen huge increases in the Federal budget and the Federal deficit - especially Reagan, whose by today's Republican standards would be too far to the left to be electable - and in fact the only President who has seen a budget surplus was Clinton, a Democrat. Obama's annualized budget increase average for his first term is 1.7%. Reagan's first term was over 8%. Yet all the Republicans talk about is how Obama is a huge spender and ruining the economy with his massive debt. But whenever they are in charge the deficit and debt are never a problem, and the government never actually gets any smaller. The only difference is that the money gets spent on the military and blowing up brown people overseas, rather than on actually helping American citizens, or heaven forbid, returning that money back to the tax payers, which is what they always talk about doing.

No offense man, but all of your arguments are almost cut+paste Fox News sound bites which have no basis in reality. This is why I don't really bother to write huge posts like this in response to "conservatives" very often, because the right in this country has convinced people that logic and reason are liberal traits and undesired. Just trust them and vote GOP and they'll fix everything. So let me ask you, when was the last time we had a Republican president who actually did any of the things they said they were going to do?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #722
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

I want to hear what Slingin has to say about Mitt Romney's father hanging with the radical Saul Alinsky. A man he said we ought to listen to.
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #723
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I want to hear what Slingin has to say about Mitt Romney's father hanging with the radical Saul Alinsky. A man he said we ought to listen to.
Part of that FB status comments I spoke up, that same conservative brought up the same talking points sammy did.


Quote:
>> to surrounding himself with the ideas of confessed Marxist\Socialists like Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Cass Sunstein, etc.

It doesn't matter who you surround yourself with, it ultimately matters what you do. Nixon surrounded himself with Chicago-style and conservative economists and then enacted Keynesian wage and price controls in the 70s. Case in point.
Sounded like ownage to me.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #724
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Romney: Releasing tax returns would violate my religious privacy - The Plum Line - The Washington Post


Quote:
I’d add one more point here: One of those calling on Romney to release his returns happens to be ... a very prominent Mormon. As you may recall, Jon Huntsman Sr., a longtime Romney backer and fundraiser, has publicly told Romney that he needs to release his returns in order to be “square with the American people.”
Mitt...Mitt....Mitt..

So Huntsman a Mormon has no issues with it religiously, but not Mittens does?...lol


My crazy conservative friend thinks Romney sucks and is still going to vote for him...lol I call him crazy because he's still harping about birther and marxists stuff.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-27-2012 at 09:21 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #725
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
If it Looks like the klan,walks like the klan ...and "sounds" like the klan,.....it's probably the klan.
As I mentioned earlier, any conservative challenging Obama is labeled a racist.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 08-27-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #726
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Part of that FB status comments I spoke up, that same conservative brought up the same talking points sammy did.




Sounded like ownage to me.
I gave specific points, policies, and executive orders that square with what I've stated. You've supported your argument with nothing more than talking points....as usual
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #727
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
By the way, Mitt Romney's grandfather was born in Mexico. Nothing wrong with that, just saying this born in Kenya shit swings both ways.
I don't follow? What does Romney's grandfather being born in Mexico have to do with Obama's birth father being a anti-colonialist, far-left radical? I don't care about Obama's father being from Kenya, and I've never believed the birther crap....not sure where you're going with this.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #728
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
As I mentioned earlier, any conservative challenging Obama is labeled a racist.
Funny you mention that, but this come up recently. The clash between Chris Matthews and the RNC Chairman Reince Priebus about Romney using the race card.

Chris Matthews Erupts on Reince Priebus for GOP Playing the Race Card


Now, I'm not saying that Romney was playing the race card on the "birth certificate" joke, but he was playing to his crowd (who do believe that shit).


Out of this article, these last 3 paragraphs really sum it up pretty well. The GOP does play the race card indirectly when they talk about welfare and other social programs.


Quote:
Chris Matthews had his moment in the sun when he called it as it is. The people loved it, the corporate media hated it and the Super Smart Pundit types played Balanced by pretending they have never heard of Southern Strategy, they missed Romney’s “Anglo Saxon” moment, they missed the entire birther movement of the last four years and Sarah Palin never existed in 2008. Racism, they gasp? How dare you!

Of course, Joe’s answer to this is the Republican stand by – their go to statement is that there is no racism because we elected a black man. To which I respond, you (Republicans) did not elect him, so how does that prove your point?

Joe is right, some of the country is not racist. But some of it is. Republicans are not all racists, but racists are mostly Republican. This is hardly an accident or a shock. Republicans have a long history of using the Southern Strategy to deliberately to stoke racial fears in order to win elections.
I feel bad for the conservatives who aren't racists, but let's be honest. The base is full of people just like this in the video below. This white dude who's paying ZERO taxes complaining about black families getting social welfare. The irony is so rich. I laughed my ass off. You will too.



By means am I throwing you guys into the lump with him, just making a general point about a good deal of the people that support the GOP base.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-27-2012 at 10:53 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #729
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Funny you mention that, but this come up recently. The clash between Chris Matthews and the RNC Chairman Reince Priebus about Romney using the race card.

Now, I'm not saying that Romney was playing the race card on the "birth certificate" joke, but he was playing to his crowd (who do believe that shit).

By means am I throwing you guys into the lump with him, just making a general point about a good deal of the people that support the GOP base.
Romney was making a joke about the birth certificate thing, which he has said is crap (as have all credible conservatives). I thought it was pretty funny and didn't see it as racist at all.

Here we go with the racist crap again, there isn't a "good deal of people" in the GOP that support racism, overt or covert. I haven't watched your video, but I'm sure it's some uneducated clown babbling some racist nonsense. There are many folks who voted for Obama because of his race, are those folks racist?

If someone is spouting racist $hit I'll call them out. What pisses me off is folks that label others racist (or directly/inderectly link someone to the klan) because they have serious policy/ideological disagreements with this POTUS.

I would say someone making a comment linking me to the klan is one of three things; an idiot, knows nothing of history, or hasn't read my posts in this thread (particularly the one where I mention being Catholic). I'll connect the dots.....anyone who knows history, knows Catholics were also targets of the klan....not a part of it.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #730
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I don't follow? What does Romney's grandfather being born in Mexico have to do with Obama's birth father being a anti-colonialist, far-left radical? I don't care about Obama's father being from Kenya, and I've never believed the birther crap....not sure where you're going with this.
How did Obama's father influence his political views when Obama met him once when was eleven years old and never lived in Kenya?
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #731
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

How could Obama, at age 11 or so, pick up an anti-colonialist, far left radical ideology. He wasn't even in High School, Sammy? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #732
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Romney was making a joke about the birth certificate thing, which he has said is crap (as have all credible conservatives). I thought it was pretty funny and didn't see it as racist at all.
I don't think it was racist at all either. Didn't agree with Matthews on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Here we go with the racist crap again, there isn't a "good deal of people" in the GOP that support racism, overt or covert. I haven't watched your video, but I'm sure it's some uneducated clown babbling some racist nonsense. There are many folks who voted for Obama because of his race, are those folks racist?
Come on Sammy. Be real. The South is predominately red and we all know that racism is very much alive in the south. I grew up in the south, I've lived it, experienced and still do. That's not to say it only happens there because that's a load of shit. Not sure I said these people would support racism overtly or covertly. Take the people of my former church, I guarantee you they wouldn't vote for any legislation denying blacks right to vote, but they sure as hell asked me to quit the basketball team because I dated a black girl? Did they support racism overtly or covertly? No. Were they racist? You damn right they were.

Again, that's not to say the whole GOP base is racist, nor was that my implication, but there are quite a few in that base that are. To deny it is denial at its best. Actually, the video didn't display a guy babbling racist nonsense, but he was linking blacks with welfare recipients or saying they should get jobs. (even though he doesn't pay taxes himself)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I would say someone making a comment linking me to the klan is one of three things; an idiot, knows nothing of history, or hasn't read my posts in this thread (particularly the one where I mention being Catholic). I'll connect the dots.....anyone who knows history, knows Catholics were also targets of the klan....not a part of it.
I haven't linked you to the Klan.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #733
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
How did Obama's father influence his political views when Obama met him once when was eleven years old and never lived in Kenya?
see the movie
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #734
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Come on Sammy. Be real. The South is predominately red and we all know that racism is very much alive in the south. I grew up in the south, I've lived it, experienced and still do. That's not to say it only happens there because that's a load of shit. Not sure I said these people would support racism overtly or covertly. Take the people of my former church, I guarantee you they wouldn't vote for any legislation denying blacks right to vote, but they sure as hell asked me to quit the basketball team because I dated a black girl? Did they support racism overtly or covertly? No. Were they racist? You damn right they were.

Again, that's not to say the whole GOP base is racist, nor was that my implication, but there are quite a few in that base that are. To deny it is denial at its best. Actually, the video didn't display a guy babbling racist nonsense, but he was linking blacks with welfare recipients or saying they should get jobs. (even though he doesn't pay taxes himself)
I've never lived in the deep south, VB is the furthest down I've lived. However I grew up just outside DC and was in the military. I've seen racism from both sides, I guess I'm a bit more optimistic that we've made greater strides.

Hearing some of your background stories puts things into perspective. It's disheartening that folks who are supposed to be part of one family under God would act how they did.

Quote:
I haven't linked you to the Klan.
I know you didn't. That was a shot at Giantone, who did in an earlier post. I should've put that in a separate post but was pretty pissed about it last night and didn't think through where to post that part. Sorry about that.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #735
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,616
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Has anyone heard Obama's plan for the economy? Me neither
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 2.46262 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25