Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #736
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Who says they are getting a pass? They are just as stupid as Limbaugh, but the difference is they are trying to be funny, Limbaugh is not. Limbaugh says things with racial tones and implications because he knows his base thinks those things.
You don't realize you just gave one group a pass as "just trying to be funny", while demonizing another who's actually paid to say stupid stuff?
HailGreen28 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #737
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
huh,do what?
How is that people who say "I'll slap the first ***** I see" and "I'm raping a ***** girl" do get treated as "trying to be funny, and not really serious".

But the guy who says THE MEDIA has this viewpoint "As far as the media's concerned, Mrs. Obama deserves this," he said. "Look at the sordid past. Look at our slave past, look at the discriminatory past. It's only fair that people of color get their taste of the wealth of America too.", is racist?

Does anybody else realize that Limbaugh was actually accusing the media of being racist? Throwing race again into the debate is wrong. But racist like those tweets?

How does one set of blatantly racist statements get a pass as "just trying to be funny", while another set of statements accusing political opponents of being racist is automatically condemned as racist itself*?

*Guess all politicians are racist, huh?
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #738
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Very good column, for those that are religious a must read.

RealClearReligion - Religion in a Footnote
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #739
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,471
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Should Obama be checking the ID and documentation of every place he visits? Does Obama check fire codes of all the places he visits? The bastard!
Is Obama trying to buy a Chinese factory for cheap labor and then pass off to the American people that he's what is good for the US economy? If so, then yes he does. Romney is doing exactly that though.




Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Yes there are underage sweatshops in China, and this country. So why do you assume the plant Romney went to employed children? Do Chinese factories simply not employ people over the age of 13, or only the ones associated with Romney?
Again, you are looking too deep in the children aspect. Look at the "I'm what's good for the US economy" (while buying cheap labor factories in China). That's REALLY good for the US workers.




Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
So again, are you going to start accusing Obama of supporting child labor? If not, why not? It's no bigger leap than the one you're already making.
Is Obama trying to buy a Chinese factory fenced in by bob wire that potentially employees underage girls? When he does, alert me.




Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
When asked by ABC News' Jon Karl about the surreptitiously shot video, Romney senior adviser Ed Gillespie handed off responsibility to Bain.

"As for Bain, you know that video is old, you can call Bain and ask them what they did in terms of investing on it, I don't have any information on that," Gillespie said.

A person familiar with Bain's activities told ABC News "we didn't buy the factory." And according to a FactCheck.org analysis in June the three other Chinese factories that the Obama campaign has highlighted as examples of Romney's outsourcing were all bought by Bain after Romney left the company in 1999. http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-outsourcer-overreach/


But keep on parroting unsubstantiated stories, NC_Skins. How can you go wrong with anonymous sources whose captions don't even match up with the video?
It's nto unsubstantiated. You heard it from HIMSELF. HE WAS ****ING BUYING CHEAP LABOR IN CHINA!! Just totally disregard the underage factor at this point. You are still left with a guy, who's claiming to be what's best for the US economy, trying to buy cheap labor factories in China. He really support the US workforce alright.

Also, that bullshit about this happening after he left Bain is a sham. Fact is, his name was attached to the SEC documents as being the head of the company even in early 2000's. If his name is to it, he's declared legally to take full responsibility for that company. Otherwise, he's filing a false document with the SEC. Let's not go down this road again with the whole "he's not in charge even though the legal papers say otherwise" crap. Thanks.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #740
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,471
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
You don't realize you just gave one group a pass as "just trying to be funny", while demonizing another who's actually paid to say stupid stuff?
How did I give them a pass? I said they were stupid. I simply said there were "trying" (key word) to be funny. Rush is serious.


BOTH are stupid.


Doesn't look like I gave neither one of them a pass.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #741
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

National Barack Channel.... completely in the bag for Obama. Embarrassing.

NBC News Not Airing Obama’s ‘Redistribution’ Video Because They Have Not Yet ‘Authenticated It’ | Mediaite

UPDATE: The Washington Post reports, “The Obama campaign confirmed that is Obama’s voice on the recording and a spokesman moved to rebut Romney’s criticism of it.”
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #742
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Obama's "Redistribution" clip.....but he's not Socialist or anything.

__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #743
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,471
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm guessing your home is all made in the US with no cheap labor crap from china. If that is true then you have room to talk but my guess your just as guilty as the next and have a house full of stuff made over seas.
Sense. This makes none.

Last time I checked, I'm not running for President claiming that I am what's best for the US economy. The moment I am, please, by all means scrutinize the market where my goods are from. Hell, it's because of guys like Romney that are the reason they are from overseas. DERP.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Obama's "Redistribution" clip.....but he's not Socialist or anything.
Yeah, like all those socialist laws he passed....no wait...
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #744
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Is Obama trying to buy a Chinese factory for cheap labor and then pass off to the American people that he's what is good for the US economy? If so, then yes he does. Romney is doing exactly that though.
Since apparently he didn't buy the factory (see previous post), has he won your vote then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Again, you are looking too deep in the children aspect. Look at the "I'm what's good for the US economy" (while buying cheap labor factories in China). That's REALLY good for the US workers.
Dude, your original post on this video was "I think the game just changed. Mittens got exposed for going after cheap child labor. Such a shiny beacon that our country should look towards!" And that's basically what the captioning of the video says. You parroted a blatant lie there. That's what I responded to, about your not getting your facts right, and about lies and exaggeration.

About the jobs aspect, since it looks like Romney DIDN'T buy that Chinese factory, does that mean he has your vote now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Is Obama trying to buy a Chinese factory fenced in by bob wire that potentially employees underage girls? When he does, alert me.
Again, why not assume the places Obama visits also employ underaged girls and fail fire code laws? Do you think places that Obama visits have no barbed wire?



As to the situation in China, maybe that's why Bain didn't buy the factory. Maybe barbed wire and EMPTY factories is why you shouldn't vote for Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's nto unsubstantiated. You heard it from HIMSELF. HE WAS ****ING BUYING CHEAP LABOR IN CHINA!! Just totally disregard the underage factor at this point. You are still left with a guy, who's claiming to be what's best for the US economy, trying to buy cheap labor factories in China. He really support the US workforce alright.
On that specific case, where Romney went to but didn't buy the factory, how do you know that it wasn't a case like this (from an article that talks about some lies and exaggerations Romney's campaign has made):

For example, in the early 1990s, Bain acquired a U.S. bicycle manufacturer that relied on lower-cost Chinese parts and labor to produce some of its specialty and retail bikes. The company, GT Bicycles, expanded its U.S. workforce during the years Bain owned it, in part because it was able to take advantage of lower-cost labor in China, Taiwan and other foreign countries.

Sadly, if you look at a lot of Amercian made products, components come from elsewhere. Not only bikes, but you really get into parts outsourcing with electronics.

So we have one confirmed case where Romney outsourced and US jobs increased, and the US economy under Obama where outsourcing to China (including not limited to "green" projects) resulted in US job LOSS. Just not as bad as Romney's ads said. So who should we vote for again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also, that bullshit about this happening after he left Bain is a sham. Fact is, his name was attached to the SEC documents as being the head of the company even in early 2000's. If his name is to it, he's declared legally to take full responsibility for that company. Otherwise, he's filing a false document with the SEC. Let's not go down this road again with the whole "he's not in charge even though the legal papers say otherwise" crap. Thanks.
Funny, factcheck.org says: On the broader question of Romney’s involvement with Bain during this time, we concur with Kessler’s conclusion. “The Obama campaign is blowing smoke here,” he says, adding “the weight of evidence suggests that Romney did in fact end active management of Bain in 1999.”

But as I said before, carry on!

Last edited by HailGreen28; 09-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #745
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
How did I give them a pass? I said they were stupid. I simply said there were "trying" (key word) to be funny. Rush is serious.


BOTH are stupid.


Doesn't look like I gave neither one of them a pass.
Let's switch things on your post: the difference is Limbaugh is trying to be funny, the posters are not. The posters says things with racial tones and implications because they knows their base thinks those things.

Is this statement fair? Or does it place more blame on one side?

At this point, how about let's just say the posters and Limbaugh should be condemned for race-baiting and leave out any "differences".
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #746
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
How is that people who say "I'll slap the first ***** I see" and "I'm raping a ***** girl" do get treated as "trying to be funny, and not really serious".

But the guy who says THE MEDIA has this viewpoint "As far as the media's concerned, Mrs. Obama deserves this," he said. "Look at the sordid past. Look at our slave past, look at the discriminatory past. It's only fair that people of color get their taste of the wealth of America too.", is racist?

Does anybody else realize that Limbaugh was actually accusing the media of being racist? Throwing race again into the debate is wrong. But racist like those tweets?

How does one set of blatantly racist statements get a pass as "just trying to be funny", while another set of statements accusing political opponents of being racist is automatically condemned as racist itself*?

*Guess all politicians are racist, huh?

Ok , you're not even close to making any sense.Some girl tweets and you go around screaming .A PAID ...let me say that again ,A PAID RADIO PERSONALITY openly makes false accusations and threats on his show over and over again about the president and his family ,and you think they are the same.Do I think all politicians are racist ...no of course not,but I believe you are.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #747
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Every time someone freaks out over what Rush says....he makes more money.
Enjoy!
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #748
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ok , you're not even close to making any sense.Some girl tweets and you go around screaming .A PAID ...let me say that again ,A PAID RADIO PERSONALITY openly makes false accusations and threats on his show over and over again about the president and his family ,and you think they are the same.Do I think all politicians are racist ...no of course not,but I believe you are.
Guess what he's paid to do. Politics. Which political opponents call racism when it suits them.

What false accusations and threats did Rush make, that other politicos don't?

You say I'm a racist? No, I am not. Considering you gloss over actual racist threats, your opinion is less than nothing at this point.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #749
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Guess what he's paid to do. Politics. Which political opponents call racism when it suits them.

What false accusations and threats did Rush make, that other politicos don't?

.
Rush Limbaugh Quotes - Stupid Rush Limbaugh Quotes


hit the link for others...

"As far as the media's concerned, Mrs. Obama deserves this. Look at the sordid past. Look at our slave past, look at the discriminatory past. It's only fair that people of color get their taste of the wealth of America too." --Rush Limbaugh, claiming the media is allowing Michelle Obama to take a vacation as a form of reparations for "our slave past," Aug. 6, 2010"



....and people such as yourself think this is ok,sorry, I don't get it.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #750
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Yep....heres some time well spent.

__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35063 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25