Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #766
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,372
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
This is a completely legitimate point. That said, I'll be voting for Obama not so much because I support all of the things he's done (the above being the most prominent example of something I loathe), but because the idea of mitt Romney in charge scares the ever living shit out of me. Completely out of touch and on no one's side except for corporate interests. Classic example of someone being born on third base and thinking they hit a triple.

This I understand,I am a republican but as you say Mitt scares the shit out of me I know what I'm getting with Obama.I keep waiting for some republican to rise above the rest but none do,add in the tea party's BS and people like Rush and Bill ,and Glen Beck......they look like fools.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #767
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Just this morning CNN said all the polls had it neck to neck. This is the only poll that shows something different.
did you check out this link? its a combination of all the major polls
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #768
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
This is a completely legitimate point. That said, I'll be voting for Obama not so much because I support all of the things he's done (the above being the most prominent example of something I loathe), but because the idea of mitt Romney in charge scares the ever living shit out of me. Completely out of touch and on no one's side except for corporate interests. Classic example of someone being born on third base and thinking they hit a triple.
It shocks me how incompetent and out of touch he is. He is a cynic and opportunists, something this country can really do without.

November 7th is really be a joyous occasion...can't wait.
saden1 is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #769
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Funny thing about Republicans that keep harping on "Reagan". Most of these same guys wouldn't give Reagan the time of day if he were around today. Hell, Obama has been the best "conservative" President candidate I've seen the past 15 years. He's done exactly what the GOP has done the past 15 years or more.



In other news, this Mitt guy is a character I tell ya.


Democrats: Political slant marks Romney tax return - Yahoo! News


Mitt, you aren't fooling anyone bro.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #770
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,372
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Funny thing about Republicans that keep harping on "Reagan". Most of these same guys wouldn't give Reagan the time of day if he were around today. Hell, Obama has been the best "conservative" President candidate I've seen the past 15 years. He's done exactly what the GOP has done the past 15 years or more.



In other news, this Mitt guy is a character I tell ya.


Democrats: Political slant marks Romney tax return - Yahoo! News


Mitt, you aren't fooling anyone bro.
Mitt at his best......


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #771
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

A bit sensationalized, but still true.


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #772
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

News from The Associated Press


Quote:
But, Brad Malt acknowledged, the couple "limited their deductions of charitable contributions to conform to the governor's statement in August, based on the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years."





So his own lawyer is even admitting they doctored this past years taxes to conform with his statement about never paying below 14%. No wonder he doesn't want to show the other years...lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #773
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Only polls Romney may be leading Obama in might be the Wildlife poll. Apparently deers aren't big Obama supporters.



Mystery of the Obama yard-sign destruction caper is solved
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #774
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Pastors pledge to defy IRS, preach politics from pulpit ahead of election | Fox News


So you want to go against federal laws and preach politics from the pulpit eh? I think it's about high time we start taxing these cults...err.. I mean churches.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #775
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Honestly lately I've started to become disillusioned with Romney. I could look past a lot of things but the facts of the matter are as follows:

- Romney constantly talks about cutting spending yet he wants to raise defense spending to $2.1 trillion. On top of that senate Republicans say they would be in favor of raising taxes on small businesses in the case of Obama being reelected to save the DOD from defense cuts. Shows where their loyalties lie.

- The assault on Planned Parenthood which saves the country billions of dollars each year by providing contraception to women who can't afford it in hopes of lowering the amount of abortions is unacceptable. It's motivated by religous zealots that hope to tear down the walls of separation of their church and our state.

- Making more and more anti-abortion laws while taking away or voting against laws that protect women from rape.

- Defunding education in a nation that is falling further and further behind

Granted I knew that supporting Romney meant risking giving the GOP their way on social issues. However we are six weeks away from the election and Romney has failed to explain in detail most of his plans and the details he does reveal like increased defense spending are hypocritical. I hope I am wrong but right now its safe to say I'm disillusioned.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-23-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #776
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,613
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #777
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,372
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post



LOL...sorry but this had to be bump.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #778
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,372
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

[QUOTE=firstdown;944519]

Pland Parenthood only provides birth control for around 3 million women at tops and is the leader for abortions.
QUOTE]

...........no,it does do "other things"

Repost: What Planned Parenthood actually does, in one chart - The Washington Post
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #779
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Where are you getting your facts from MSNBC? Your points are just wrong about MR.

While he does support increasing defense spending its spread over 10 yrs and it does creat jobs.

Pland Parenthood only provides birth control for around 3 million women at tops and is the leader for abortions.

Mitt has said over and over he has no plans to change any thing as far as abortion laws. He has said it should be a stste issue not a federal issue.

What rape laws deos he support. LOL

He actual wants to increase education funding.
Firstdown, Planned Parenthood does sooooo much more than abortion procedures. Much of what they offer is centered around women's health. By the way, terminating a pregnancy prematurely isn't always about abortion.

Btw, Romney did say he'd defund Planned Parenthood.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #780
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
How Many Abortions does Planned Parenthood Perform Each Year?
In 2006, Planned Parenthood performed 289,750 abortions, or approximately 23% of all abortions, making them the largest abortion provider in the United States. Even as the overall national abortion rate goes down, Planned Parenthood continues to perform more abortions every year.



Read more: Planned Parenthood - Abortion Facts Planned Parenthood - Abortion Facts

I'm personaly not against abortion I'm against federal dollars funding a place that is the largest provider of abortions.
Google Hyde Amendment when you get a moment. Prohibits federal dollars from funding abortion procedures.
12thMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50335 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25