Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #781
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Here is the catch. In order to obtain this "Voter ID" card, you'll need a valid ID and other forms of proof to be able to get it. So then, you have to start paying money for these items of proof, just so you can vote. Drivers License/State ID = costs money. Birth Certificates = costs money. Most forms of ID require money for you to obtain them.

So now you are asking a bunch of poor people to pony up cash to be able to get this "Free Voter ID" card, and have them jump through a ton of hoops in order to do so.


If you seriously think voter ID laws are designed to prevent voter fraud, then you really will believe I have beach front property to sell you in Arizona.
It's a C-O-N-spiracy! Sorry, not buying that someone who wants to vote is so poor they can't get a free ID.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #782
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

It's voter suppression plain and simple. There's zero evidence of voter fraud. It's a manufactured crisis to justifying Jim Crow tactics.

But..Romney won't carry either Ohio or Pennsylvania.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #783
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Johnson campaign has had enough of Republican ballot shenanigans - West Palm Beach Libertarian | Examiner.com


Nah...the GOP aren't trying to suppress votes. Nope. Just a figment of my imagination.


Quote:
With word Friday that a challenge has been lodged in Ohio to try to remove Libertarian Party presidential candidate and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson's name from the November ballot in Ohio, a senior advisor to Johnson's campaign is charging that the national Republican Party is mounting a concerted effort to "deny citizens the right to vote for the candidate of their choice."

In recent weeks, with the full support and legal assistance of the Republican Party, Johnson's ballot status has been challenged in Michigan, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, Iowa and now Ohio.

Bunch of ****ing clowns.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #784
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's voter suppression plain and simple. There's zero evidence of voter fraud. It's a manufactured crisis to justifying Jim Crow tactics.

But..Romney won't carry either Ohio or Pennsylvania.
Wow, a requirement to have an ID is now a Jim Crow tactic. I've got nothing else to say on this.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #785
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,461
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

I thought that my support for Romney this time around may have clouded my judgement but I thought Obama's speech was very mediocre, turns out I wasn't the only one who felt that way. Nothing like the 2004 speech that saw him burst onto the scene and nothing like the 2008 speech that swept a lot of us off our feet.

How Obama's speech played - POLITICO.com

Clintons speech on the other hand was great.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #786
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Who cares ..really. It was effective and by far had more details than Mitt Romney. Obama has set the oratory bar so high that people have come to expect a grand slam every time he gives a speech. A part of me is glad it was met with some criticism from the press, because they've been consistently wrong about nearly everything this cycle. In fact, last election cycle too.

Anyway, he's already begun to pull away from Romney in all the post convention polls. Today's Gallup, which is by no means Obama friendly, has him with highest approval rating in 15 months.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #787
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

One of three polls showing President Obama with a growing convention bounce.

Poll: Obama opens up four-point lead on Romney nationally - The Hill's Ballot Box
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #788
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Wow, a requirement to have an ID is now a Jim Crow tactic. I've got nothing else to say on this.

I admit to being old but I swear I remember the "good old days" when people tried to get as many people as possible to vote,not bar them from voting!


Thanks George W and Thanks Florida .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #789
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,461
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Who cares ..really. It was effective and by far had more details than Mitt Romney. Obama has set the oratory bar so high that people have come to expect a grand slam every time he gives a speech. A part of me is glad it was met with some criticism from the press, because they've been consistently wrong about nearly everything this cycle. In fact, last election cycle too.

Anyway, he's already begun to pull away from Romney in all the post convention polls. Today's Gallup, which is by no means Obama friendly, has him with highest approval rating in 15 months.
Fair enough, in fact I couldn't agree more. He really has set the bar ridiculously high in terms of his speeches. However the fact of the matter is he now needed a 'home run' speech now more then ever. Last election the Democrats had a huge advantage to begin with simply with the fact that they weren't Republicans. This election the roles are reversed.

As for the polls I don't know. A lot of them are still within the margin of error and the fact that his current lead is coming off the convention makes me wonder if it'll even stick.

Quote:
Obama's lead over Romney is comparable to Romney's former lead over the president after the Republican National Convention finished last week, Clark said.
Also keep in mind John Kerry thought he was going to be the next president of the United States based on exit polls.
The Raw Story | Early exit polls predict Kerry will be victor

The funny thing is in a good economy no one would stand for the Republican social platform which is basically anti-gay, anti-women, anti-environment, pro-war, on top of blurring the lines of separation between church and state.

However peoples livlihoods come first and the funny thing is that right now the Bush presidency which never saw unemployment over 6% until the 2008 housing bubble collapse is starting to look pretty good to a lot of people right now. Not to different from Clinton either who had a 39% approval rating when he left office, which is now in the high 60's as people are asked to look back on his tenure in office.

Anyway the point of this disjointed rambling is simple. The economy is stagnant right now and people for better or worse are pointing fingers at the Dems. That alone will probably be enough to get Romney into office.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #790
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

well, the general truth of the world is that employment solves unrest. period.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #791
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, the general truth of the world is that employment solves unrest. period.
I agree 110%,I just want it to be in the US and not China,India,or Mexico.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #792
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Fair enough, in fact I couldn't agree more. He really has set the bar ridiculously high in terms of his speeches. However the fact of the matter is he now needed a 'home run' speech now more then ever. Last election the Democrats had a huge advantage to begin with simply with the fact that they weren't Republicans. This election the roles are reversed.

As for the polls I don't know. A lot of them are still within the margin of error and the fact that his current lead is coming off the convention makes me wonder if it'll even stick.



Also keep in mind John Kerry thought he was going to be the next president of the United States based on exit polls.
The Raw Story | Early exit polls predict Kerry will be victor

The funny thing is in a good economy no one would stand for the Republican social platform which is basically anti-gay, anti-women, anti-environment, pro-war, on top of blurring the lines of separation between church and state.

However peoples livlihoods come first and the funny thing is that right now the Bush presidency which never saw unemployment over 6% until the 2008 housing bubble collapse is starting to look pretty good to a lot of people right now. Not to different from Clinton either who had a 39% approval rating when he left office, which is now in the high 60's as people are asked to look back on his tenure in office.

Anyway the point of this disjointed rambling is simple. The economy is stagnant right now and people for better or worse are pointing fingers at the Dems. That alone will probably be enough to get Romney into office.
Other than your gut feeling, there's no evidence out there supporting your argument. Post convention, Mitt Romney has pulled ads out of Pennsylvania and Michigan. Wisconsin could be next. Basically, his path to victory is more narrow than the day this thread first began.

Yes, people are uneasy about the economy and Democrats have played a role in that. But Mitt Romney hasn't given voters one compelling reason to change leadership mid-stream. President Obama sucks, this and that isn't a campaign strategy. At least not a winning one. This morning on Meet The Press Romney changed positions on healthcare yet again, saying he won't scrap all of Obamacare. At first it was repeal and replace my first day in office. Now it's kinda repeal,or better yet, let's call it Romneycare!

If President Obama opens up a lead in Ohio, it's Katy bar the door.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #793
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Is this guy serious?

Romney: “I'm not getting rid of all of health care reform,” Romney said. “Of course, there are a number of things that I like in healthcare reform that I'm going to put in place.”

Romney says he likes some parts of Obamacare - POLITICO.com
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #794
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's voter suppression plain and simple. There's zero evidence of voter fraud. It's a manufactured crisis to justifying Jim Crow tactics.

But..Romney won't carry either Ohio or Pennsylvania.
If your not checking ID's at the polls how would you even know how much voter fraud is going on. When I moved I forgot that I had changed my address and went to my old polling place to vote. I voted and when my dad went to vote they told him he had allready voted. He left and called me to see if I had voted at that location. Well to make a long story short they never followed up on this and no one ever questioned why his name was checked off when he said he had not voted. No chaecks and balance so there will not be any evidence of voter fraud.
firstdown is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #795
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Dude, it doesn't take a genius to see what voter ID laws are designed to do and it's not get rid of voter fraud. Let's stop and think about this. Legally, you can't make people pay for the right to vote correct? However, you can supposedly require them to have a "Voter ID" that you can obtain for free.


Here is the catch. In order to obtain this "Voter ID" card, you'll need a valid ID and other forms of proof to be able to get it. So then, you have to start paying money for these items of proof, just so you can vote. Drivers License/State ID = costs money. Birth Certificates = costs money. Most forms of ID require money for you to obtain them.

So now you are asking a bunch of poor people to pony up cash to be able to get this "Free Voter ID" card, and have them jump through a ton of hoops in order to do so.


If you seriously think voter ID laws are designed to prevent voter fraud, then you really will believe I have beach front property to sell you in Arizona.
The poor has no problem with producing an ID to get food stamps and well fair why is it such a problem to vote?
firstdown is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34158 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25