Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #1006
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,419
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Most entertaining debate I can remember . I bet Obama and Romney are going out drinking together after the debate
budw38 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #1007
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,568
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #1008
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,568
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Nobody's talking about the debate yet?

To me, Obama fell flat tonight. So much so it was almost a little painful for me. I'm hoping he'll go in for the kill next debate because boy, was that rough.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #1009
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,783
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Nobody's talking about the debate yet?

To me, Obama fell flat tonight. So much so it was almost a little painful for me. I'm hoping he'll go in for the kill next debate because boy, was that rough.
As far as facts go, they were both full of it, as usual. Just on pure style I was expecting Obama to win easily, and early on it he was winning. But it didn't last long, and Romney won most of the debate and going away.

I'm trying to be balanced on the substance, below. It helps that on most things like Obamacare vs. Romneycare, neither side is particularly appealing.

Obama should quit trying to strawman Romney on imaginary positions, and keep hammering him on the principles that Romney actually shares with W. Bush which he did. And point out more clearly the economy has improved over time on his watch, even if he hasn't had the dramatic recovery that Clinton and Reagan could point to when they ran for re-election.

Romney should quit saying he's going to repeal whole programs of Obama's then say only change parts of them, and hammer Obama on the lack of recovery in four years, which he did. And point out clearly his success in his previous office and his own plans, which he did in as much detail as other presidential candidates including Senator Obama has done.

I don't expect every debate to be like this, but if they were, Romney would win the election handily.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 10-04-2012 at 12:55 AM.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #1010
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,117
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #1011
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 762
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You Jr need to get you facts straight,1) I'm no liberal 2) read....

The Real Romney Record: GST Steel
Did you honestly claim to not be a liberal and then send me to Priorities USA Action? Gotta admit, thats pretty funny right there.

For a real accounting of it, try reading this. It hits both sides. From the Washington Post Fact Checker. The Washington Post is a left leaning publication as it is. See, im sending you someplace that isnt a massive right wing site that only lies in the conservitives favor such as the place you sent me, known as a left wing site that blatantly lies about the liberal causes.

Romney and Bain Capital: the Obama campaign’s newest ad - The Washington Post
Skinzman is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #1012
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 762
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Nobody's talking about the debate yet?

To me, Obama fell flat tonight. So much so it was almost a little painful for me. I'm hoping he'll go in for the kill next debate because boy, was that rough.
It seemed like Obama was not that interested in being there. Debates are more about selling yourself over your ideas, people tend to get lost in all the numbers and issues that both candidates usually bring up. I was a bit surprised about his demeanor.

Romneys problem is he needs to, for lack of a better way of explaining it, appear more human. Not exactly sure if he accomplished that as much as he needed but his demeanor seemed better than Obama's.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #1013
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
It seemed like Obama was not that interested in being there. Debates are more about selling yourself over your ideas, people tend to get lost in all the numbers and issues that both candidates usually bring up. I was a bit surprised about his demeanor.

Romneys problem is he needs to, for lack of a better way of explaining it, appear more human. Not exactly sure if he accomplished that as much as he needed but his demeanor seemed better than Obama's.
Agree with all this.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #1014
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Well its not going to get any easier for the president because now he has to deal with this video coming to the surface:

imaskin4life is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #1015
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Obama needs to come hard in the next debate. He had his ass handed to him tonight.

If this continues through the next 2 debates I know which candidate I will be voting for.

I personally didn't care for Obama coming out and saying "I had 5 seconds until you interrupted me". Just go on like each candidate did for the majority of the entire debate. No reason to come across as an Ass.

Last edited by Gtothearry; 10-04-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #1016
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Did you honestly claim to not be a liberal and then send me to Priorities USA Action? Gotta admit, thats pretty funny right there.

For a real accounting of it, try reading this. It hits both sides. From the Washington Post Fact Checker. The Washington Post is a left leaning publication as it is. See, im sending you someplace that isnt a massive right wing site that only lies in the conservitives favor such as the place you sent me, known as a left wing site that blatantly lies about the liberal causes.

Romney and Bain Capital: the Obama campaign’s newest ad - The Washington Post

First Jr you're kinda late to the party and I know a whle bunch of us don't want to re hash what was said "again" ...months ago,and yes I'm not a liberal ...go back,way back .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #1017
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Nobody's talking about the debate yet?

To me, Obama fell flat tonight. So much so it was almost a little painful for me. I'm hoping he'll go in for the kill next debate because boy, was that rough.

Yes he did,got to admit it...he did a piss poor job.Yet there is just something slimey about Romney ,like a used car salesman.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #1018
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Obama needs to come hard in the next debate. He had his ass handed to him tonight.

If this continues through the next 2 debates I know which candidate I will be voting for.

I personally didn't care for Obama coming out and saying "I had 5 seconds until you interrupted me". Just go on like each candidate did for the majority of the entire debate. No reason to come across as an Ass.

Don't think he did,he was playing by the rules of the debate,next time cut off Romney and say hell with the rules.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #1019
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
As far as facts go, they were both full of it, as usual. Just on pure style I was expecting Obama to win easily, and early on it he was winning. But it didn't last long, and Romney won most of the debate and going away.

I'm trying to be balanced on the substance, below. It helps that on most things like Obamacare vs. Romneycare, neither side is particularly appealing.

Obama should quit trying to strawman Romney on imaginary positions, and keep hammering him on the principles that Romney actually shares with W. Bush which he did. And point out more clearly the economy has improved over time on his watch, even if he hasn't had the dramatic recovery that Clinton and Reagan could point to when they ran for re-election.

Romney should quit saying he's going to repeal whole programs of Obama's then say only change parts of them, and hammer Obama on the lack of recovery in four years, which he did. And point out clearly his success in his previous office and his own plans, which he did in as much detail as other presidential candidates including Senator Obama has done.

I don't expect every debate to be like this, but if they were, Romney would win the election handily.


I agree with you,I was mad at the education segment of the debate ,Romney say Mass has the best schools...nope....
Newsweek's Top 20 High Schools: Northeast - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

only one high school in the top 20 of the northeast and that's out on the Cape.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #1020
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,377
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Mitt 1 Obama 0

It wasnt even close, Obama didnt look prepared. Al Sharpton and Rachel Madow were so mad on MSNBC after the debate, it was hilarious. I woulda loved to see a Smackdown thread on that debate last night. Obama better tighten his belt and bring it next time.

Bad news is all the pressure is now on Biden for next week, which is never good.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29052 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25