Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #1201
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,654
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

i think its effing joke how much coverage this bs of when it was called a terriorist attack. Jesus, arent there more important issues?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #1202
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actually he did not call it an act of terror. Romney was right and the moderator needs to shut the F*&k up if she does not know what she is talking about.
Nope you and Romney are wrong. Tons of fact checkers have agreed. Dare I say there is "binders full of" facts?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #1203
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
i think its effing joke how much coverage this bs of when it was called a terriorist attack. Jesus, arent there more important issues?
Exactly. Although there are some legit questions about the whole ordeal the fiscal cliff, for example, is a much larger issue.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #1204
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,759
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Nope you and Romney are wrong. Tons of fact checkers have agreed. Dare I say there is "binders full of" facts?
...and on that note.

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1205
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,759
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's going to be debated for some time but Obama did not call it an attack of terror. He actually tied it to the movie here in the speech. Only until latter did the word terror get used while talking about 9/11.

Then in the following days they called it a mob attack so he can't have it both ways. He said it in this speech and then in the following days.

There is nothing to debate. It's there in the transcript in plain black and white. Just because you say he didn't say it, doesn't mean it's so. He said it, your party got owned on it, now eat your crow. For ****s sakes, stop trying to tell us the sky is purple when the clear evidence shows us otherwise. Again, NOTHING to debate. He called it a terrorist attack on Sept 12th.

Also, his speech was on the 12th, NOT Sept 11th. He wouldn't be having a speech about 9/11 on the following day. The speech the following day was in regards to the attack the previous day. Keep making up shit though. It's crystal clear his speech is about the attack, not 9/11.


Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya | The White House
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #1206
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
There is nothing to debate. It's there in the transcript in plain black and white. Just because you say he didn't say it, doesn't mean it's so. He said it, your party got owned on it, now eat your crow. For ****s sakes, stop trying to tell us the sky is purple when the clear evidence shows us otherwise. Again, NOTHING to debate. He called it a terrorist attack on Sept 12th.

Also, his speech was on the 12th, NOT Sept 11th. He wouldn't be having a speech about 9/11 on the following day. The speech the following day was in regards to the attack the previous day. Keep making up shit though. It's crystal clear his speech is about the attack, not 9/11.


Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya | The White House
I said he was talking about 9/11 if you actaully read what he said.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation,

Not sure how you can read that into him saying it was an act of terror when prior to him saying that he blammed the video.
firstdown is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #1207
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,759
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I said he was talking about 9/11 if you actaully read what he said.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation,

Not sure how you can read that into him saying it was an act of terror when prior to him saying that he blammed the video.

Are you really that bad at reading comprehension? Can you not see where he transitions from talking about 9/11 the prior day to the events that happened the night prior? I'll underline the key part of this that transitions.

Just because he mentioned the the prior day being 9/11 doesn't mean he was talking about 9/11 in regards to the part on terror. Continue on believing bullshit that is plain as day.


Also, who gives a flying **** if he blamed it on the video or called it act of terror? Really? Does it ****ing matter? Hell no. It's just another GOP tactic to distract the uneducated and cult members from the real issues. (of them wanting to keep the rich large and in charge)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #1208
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Are you really that bad at reading comprehension? Can you not see where he transitions from talking about 9/11 the prior day to the events that happened the night prior? I'll underline the key part of this that transitions.

Just because he mentioned the the prior day being 9/11 doesn't mean he was talking about 9/11 in regards to the part on terror. Continue on believing bullshit that is plain as day.


Also, who gives a flying **** if he blamed it on the video or called it act of terror? Really? Does it ****ing matter? Hell no. It's just another GOP tactic to distract the uneducated and cult members from the real issues. (of them wanting to keep the rich large and in charge)

Thanks I like that.
firstdown is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #1209
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
...and on that note.

Binders full of women will probably be the only awesome thing Romney says through the rest of this election.

I hope the internet continues to milk this. Dude's got jokes.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #1210
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Saw this on reddit, nailed this thread...

__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #1211
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,122
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Actually he did not call it an act of terror. Romney was right and the moderator needs to shut the F*&k up if she does not know what she is talking about.

LOL, wow.I will agree on one thing with you.....there are alot of people that need to shut the F*&k up ...as you put it becuase they come on here and don't know shit and then go ballistic when proven wrong.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1212
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Thanks I like that.
Awesome. A society with increasing income disparities. We keep on keeping on then the "American Dream" becomes just that. A dream.

And thanks for a relevant reply after NCskins explained his (and frankly the rest of this nation's) understanding of the quote.
__________________
Vacancy

Last edited by hooskins; 10-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
hooskins is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #1213
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,122
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
i think its effing joke how much coverage this bs of when it was called a terriorist attack. Jesus, arent there more important issues?

Thank You, absolutly.Problem is "both sides" just want to tear down the other rather than make a good case for election.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #1214
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

So if Obama did in fact call it a terrorist attack on the 12th how come on the 16th did they go on the talk shows and call it an uncontrolled mob attack? I would guess to cover up them ingnoring request for additional security and warning of an attack. We also now know that Biden lied in the debate when he said the reason for not calling it a terrorist attack was because at first they did not know it was a terrorist attack. Biden said they didn't know for some time that it was a terroist attack but Obama now says he called it a terrorist attack the very next day.
firstdown is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1215
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

The latest:

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

More bad news for Obama:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

also Obama job approval below 50%, not looking good.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 10-18-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35338 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25