Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #31
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL really?"OLD ASS LIST.....well go back and read that list and tell me everything that corp America is trying to stop on it, for the better of the country?
  1. Weekends
  2. All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
  3. Paid Vacation
  4. FMLA
  5. Sick Leave
  6. Social Security
  7. Minimum Wage
  8. Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
  9. 8-Hour Work Day
  10. Overtime Pay
  11. Child Labor Laws
  12. Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
  13. 40 Hour Work Week
  14. Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
  15. Unemployment Insurance
  16. Pensions
  17. Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
  18. Employer Health Care Insurance
  19. Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
  20. Wrongful Termination Laws
  21. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
  22. Whistleblower Protection Laws
  23. Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
  24. Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
  25. Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
  26. Sexual Harassment Laws
  27. Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
  28. Holiday Pay
  29. Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
  30. Privacy Rights
  31. Pregnancy and Parental Leave
  32. Military Leave
  33. The Right to Strike
  34. Public Education for Children
  35. Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
  36. Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
Other then number 31 which others things on the list are not 30 to 40 yrs old. I'm not saying if they are good are bad I'm just saying that list is old stuff they did 30 plus years ago. I think the list is also a stretch of things they accomplished like social security.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
  1. Weekends
  2. All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
  3. Paid Vacation
  4. FMLA
  5. Sick Leave
  6. Social Security
  7. Minimum Wage
  8. Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
  9. 8-Hour Work Day
  10. Overtime Pay
  11. Child Labor Laws
  12. Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
  13. 40 Hour Work Week
  14. Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
  15. Unemployment Insurance
  16. Pensions
  17. Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
  18. Employer Health Care Insurance
  19. Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
  20. Wrongful Termination Laws
  21. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
  22. Whistleblower Protection Laws
  23. Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
  24. Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
  25. Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
  26. Sexual Harassment Laws
  27. Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
  28. Holiday Pay
  29. Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
  30. Privacy Rights
  31. Pregnancy and Parental Leave
  32. Military Leave
  33. The Right to Strike
  34. Public Education for Children
  35. Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
  36. Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
Other then number 31 which others things on the list are not 30 to 40 yrs old. I'm not saying if they are good are bad I'm just saying that list is old stuff they did 30 plus years ago. I think the list is also a stretch of things they accomplished like social security.
Ok, go back to the list and look though it and tell me what is "out dated" being 30 or 40 years old?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

1)I guess what I am asking is what things on that list do you think companys want either gone or to change ?
2)At your job(this is for all)what do you think job would be like with out any of these 36 items?






.....be honest.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #34
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Ok I'll play your game.

Weekends: I think it limited us to only two days.
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks: I don't take breaks lunch on the run
Paid Vacation: Don't get paid vacations
FMLA : Whats this?
Sick Leave : Don't get sick leave.
Social Security: I have to pay double into this rip off system that is broke
Minimum Wage : So the Union claims this.
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination) I was discriminated against
8-Hour Work Day: I wish. Its 10:40 I just finished up some stuff for work.
Overtime Pay: I'm commission only.
Child Labor Laws: Common sense that congress would have passed.
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) : N/A
40 Hour Work Week ; Once again I wish.
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp) : I don't have Workers Comp. Would only cost
Unemployment Insurance : I wish
Pensions : My pension is what I save with my money
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations: Maybe a paper cut.
Employer Health Care Insurance : I pay for my own Health Care
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees: Have none
Wrongful Termination Laws: VA is a right to work state
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Here is an old ass law and N/A
Whistleblower Protection Laws: N/A
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee) Emp. can steel from me and get away with it. Thanks
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS) N/A
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises) Just had my commisions cut.
Sexual Harassment Laws: That was the good old days.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA):Congess would have passed anyways
Holiday Pay : I wish
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance: I wish
Privacy Rights If they say so.
Pregnancy and Parental Leave: Would really cost me a ton of money if it applied to me.
Military Leave: See lastanswer.
The Right to Strike: Isn't that freedom of speech?
Public Education for Children: Really they claim this.
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work) : Does not apply to me.
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States: N/A

So I guess unions have only cost me money.

Last edited by firstdown; 06-20-2012 at 11:21 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #35
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Ok I'll play your game.

Weekends: I think it limited us to only two days.
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks: I don't take breaks lunch on the run
Paid Vacation: Don't get paid vacations
FMLA : Whats this?
Sick Leave : Don't get sick leave.
Social Security: I have to pay double into this rip off system that is broke
Minimum Wage : So the Union claims this.
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination) I was discriminated against
8-Hour Work Day: I wish. Its 10:40 I just finished up some stuff for work.
Overtime Pay: I'm commission only.
Child Labor Laws: Common sense that congress would have passed.
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) : N/A
40 Hour Work Week ; Once again I wish.
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp) : I don't have Workers Comp. Would only cost
Unemployment Insurance : I wish
Pensions : My pension is what I save with my money
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations: Maybe a paper cut.
Employer Health Care Insurance : I pay for my own Health Care
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees: Have none
Wrongful Termination Laws: VA is a right to work state
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Here is an old ass law and N/A
Whistleblower Protection Laws: N/A
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee) Emp. can steel from me and get away with it. Thanks
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS) N/A
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises) Just had my commisions cut.
Sexual Harassment Laws: That was the good old days.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA):Congess would have passed anyways
Holiday Pay : I wish
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance: I wish
Privacy Rights If they say so.
Pregnancy and Parental Leave: Would really cost me a ton of money if it applied to me.
Military Leave: See lastanswer.
The Right to Strike: Isn't that freedom of speech?
Public Education for Children: Really they claim this.
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work) : Does not apply to me.
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States: N/A

So I guess unions have only cost me money.

From your answers,Unions are worth there weight in Gold.You proved my point.Thanks.


....P.S. you need a new job.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
From your answers,Unions are worth there weight in Gold.You proved my point.Thanks.


....P.S. you need a new job.
P.S. I work for myself and will be glade to compare pay checks.

BTW. I don't have a "JOB" I have a career.

Also I never said unions have not been needed or done good things in the past. They are living off their past and that list of things they say they have accomplished is very old and dated. How long can they keep saying how important they are TODAY using accomplishment form 30 to 40 yrs ago?

Last edited by firstdown; 06-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
P.S. I work for myself and will be glade to compare pay checks.

BTW. I don't have a "JOB" I have a career.

Also I never said unions have not been needed or done good things in the past. They are living off their past and that list of things they say they have accomplished is very old and dated. How long can they keep saying how important they are TODAY using accomplishment form 30 to 40 yrs ago?



I can say it becuase those things are still around and very relivent today .From your statments it was pretty clear that you work for yourself .You do know you can have a job and a career ,my Dad worked for himself....and his job was outsourced to a computer,I saw how hard it was for him and realized there is strength in numbers.
I hope you succeed,Unions aren't for all but they have helped all wether people know it or not.They should'nt be the blame all when some fat ass polititcan wants to save money.People want a Police man to take a bullit for them but they don't want to pay him,they want a fireman to walk into a burning building and save their life or a life of a loved one....but not pay them for it,they want a Nurse or EMS tech to save their life ....but not pay them,they want teachers to continue to go to school have Masters degrees or doctorates.....and pay for that continuing education themselves...but not pay them for it,those are the reasons we still need Unions so the working man or women has a voice.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

first says he doesnt take breaks at work. what is posting here during the day called?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #39
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
first says he doesnt take breaks at work. what is posting here during the day called?

stress relief.......
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I can say it becuase those things are still around and very relivent today .From your statments it was pretty clear that you work for yourself .You do know you can have a job and a career ,my Dad worked for himself....and his job was outsourced to a computer,I saw how hard it was for him and realized there is strength in numbers.
I hope you succeed,Unions aren't for all but they have helped all wether people know it or not.They should'nt be the blame all when some fat ass polititcan wants to save money.People want a Police man to take a bullit for them but they don't want to pay him,they want a fireman to walk into a burning building and save their life or a life of a loved one....but not pay them for it,they want a Nurse or EMS tech to save their life ....but not pay them,they want teachers to continue to go to school have Masters degrees or doctorates.....and pay for that continuing education themselves...but not pay them for it,those are the reasons we still need Unions so the working man or women has a voice.
They also know what they are choosing to do and accept the pay for what they are doing. BTW firemen and nurses do pretty good in my area and firemen can retire at around 50. I'd also add teacher do not do too bad for themself. I guess you also know if a teacher gets their Masters Degree they receive a higher pay.

So you think its totally out of line to ask firefighters police and teachers to pay 5% of their pension (it is money they are putting away for THEIR retirement) and 12% of their health ins?

Last edited by firstdown; 06-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
They also know what they are choosing to do and accept the pay for what they are doing. BTW firemen and nurses do pretty good in my area and firemen can retire at around 50. I'd also add teacher do not do too bad for themself. I guess you also know if a teacher gets their Masters Degree they receive a higher pay.

So you think its totally out of line to ask firefighters police and teachers to pay 5% of their pension (it is money they are putting away for THEIR retirement) and 12% of their health ins?
Yes I do,what do you consider "not too bad"?Lets say the mayor ...Town counsel ...whomever... get voted out for some reason now the new people are in and want a new town pool or golf course....we'll just take from the firemen or Police oh yeah the education budget....what is to protect them from this,the fat govenor of NJ is already trying this so I ask you how do you protect these people.How do you make it attractive to the next CEO of Walmart or Apple etc .....the wages and pay must be competitive to keep good people.....same with Fire ,Police,Teachers and Nurses(EMS)
You said teachers with a masters get higher pay,first they must get hired and fall into a pay scale then they have to pay for the masters while also takeing certification courses that take up any free time you might have ...oh yeah they have to pay for them themselves and all this not knowing if they have a job becuase the fat governor just shut 15 more schools becuase of the state budget .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

MoveOn.org Casts Public Service Ad With Non-Union Actors | NewsBusters.org
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #43
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin

Because Alabama utility crews not union, New Jersey turns away help in wake of Sandy | al.com
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #44
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin


Huntsville, Joe Wheeler utilities deny claims of union discrimination during Sandy response (update) | al.com

Quote:
Representatives with Huntsville Utilities and Joe Wheeler Cooperative, two area utilities mentioned in media reports claiming their crews were not allowed to help with storm aid in New Jersey because they were non-union, said this morning the story is untrue.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #45
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,051
Re: Democrats/Unions Lose Big In Wisconsin


Again a case of the right not letting facts interfear with a good lie.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44482 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25