Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
You're right, its not socialist.
Since Obama rammed it down everyones throat its totalitarian.
Not sure which is worse.
The ACA became law through legislative vote and approval by the Supreme Court. These are democratic processes. The ACA was adopted by democratic process, end of story.

We know it was a democratic process because the individual mandate was not part of Obama's original plan.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 06-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Roberts may have just put the nails in Obama's coffin. Those who oppose Obamacare and the individual mandate, along with those who oppose the HHS manadate on religious institutions, have no choice but to vote against Obama and the Dems so the law is ultimately repealed or ammended.

Wait, so these people are now going to go out and vote for the guy who originated this health care system?


Wouldn't surprise me people are that idiotic. DAMN YOU OBAMA FOR YOUR OBAMACARE! JUST FOR THAT, I'M GOING TO ELECT THE GUY WHO CREATED THE VERY SYSTEM YOU IMPLEMENTED!! THAT'LL SHOW YOU!!
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #33
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Wait, so these people are now going to go out and vote for the guy who originated this health care system?


Wouldn't surprise me people are that idiotic. DAMN YOU OBAMA FOR YOUR OBAMACARE! JUST FOR THAT, I'M GOING TO ELECT THE GUY WHO CREATED THE VERY SYSTEM YOU IMPLEMENTED!! THAT'LL SHOW YOU!!
Yeah, I saw Romney speaking against the ACA today and laughed out loud. It's HIS freaking system!
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Wait, so these people are now going to go out and vote for the guy who originated this health care system?


Wouldn't surprise me people are that idiotic. DAMN YOU OBAMA FOR YOUR OBAMACARE! JUST FOR THAT, I'M GOING TO ELECT THE GUY WHO CREATED THE VERY SYSTEM YOU IMPLEMENTED!! THAT'LL SHOW YOU!!
edit
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The ACA became law through legislative vote and approval by the Supreme Court. These are democratic processes. The ACA was adopted by democratic process, end of story.

We know it was a democratic process because the individual mandate was not part of Obama's original plan.
Dude, when people start out saying shit like "rammed down our throats", not even worth responding to.

Healthcare is the law of the land as legislated by the duly elected members of Congress. Period.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Half the GOP is screaming the other half are trying to find the coolaid ,facts are this will help people....don't like it come up with something better.People will now go to the doctors to prvent from getting sick ...not waiting till it's to late,people with spouse's can now stay at home to care for a wife ...or get another job not worring weather their husband or wife will be coverd,....oh yeah and the cost will come down for insurance.......,but Obama...is the devil,if you don't like ....tuff.:cool-smil
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Wait, so these people are now going to go out and vote for the guy who originated this health care system?


Wouldn't surprise me people are that idiotic. DAMN YOU OBAMA FOR YOUR OBAMACARE! JUST FOR THAT, I'M GOING TO ELECT THE GUY WHO CREATED THE VERY SYSTEM YOU IMPLEMENTED!! THAT'LL SHOW YOU!!
AS USUAL, YOU OVERSIMPLY CRAP AND ASSUME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU IS "IDIOTIC".

Obamacare and Romneycare have very key differences, for those who like facts rather than all caps and condescending BS, here's some good info:

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

The American Spectator : Obamacare vs. Romneycare -- A Crucial Difference

RomneyCare - The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central
Pay particular attention to point #6, Romney's vetoes that were over-ridden by a Dem state legislature.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
AS USUAL, YOU OVERSIMPLY CRAP AND ASSUME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU IS "IDIOTIC".

Obamacare and Romneycare have very key differences, for those who like facts rather than all caps and condescending BS, here's some good info:

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

The American Spectator : Obamacare vs. Romneycare -- A Crucial Difference

RomneyCare - The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central
Pay particular attention to point #6, Romney's vetoes that were over-ridden by a Dem state legislature.
Sammy you say facts yet you posted a link to Romney web page.....oh I'm sure that is full of facts.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

I don't expect Romney to make this the center piece of his campaign and I certainly don't expect it to energize the base like some here think it will. Fact is millions upon millions have been helped by this law. That's not even in dispute. Now that it's been deemed constitutional by the highest court in the land, that too is off the table.

So exactly what is the argument that's going to fire up the base? A bunch of fancy charts, graphs, and Ops written by some egg heads at Heritage Foundation? Yeah, good luck with that.

It's the law of the land. Could use some improvements, but this thing is set in stone. Get over it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sammy you say facts yet you posted a link to Romney web page.....oh I'm sure that is full of facts.
Rather than dismiss the links, how about you read them and research the info to see if it's correct.....
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't expect Romney to make this the center piece of his campaign and I certainly don't expect it to energize the base like some here think it will. Fact is millions upon millions have been helped by this law. That's not even in dispute. Now that it's been deemed constitutional by the highest court in the land, that too is off the table.

So exactly what is the argument that's going to fire up the base? A bunch of fancy charts, graphs, and Ops written by some egg heads at Heritage Foundation? Yeah, good luck with that.

It's the law of the land. Could use some improvements, but this thing is set in stone. Get over it.
You check Romney's fundraising numbers today?

The gov't forcing people to buy health insurance or pay a penalty...tax...or whatever Obama calls it today fires people up. The gov't forcing religious based charities and hospitals to violate their deeply held beliefs or be fined out of existence fires people up.

This certainly ain't anywhere near close to over.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 06-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
AS USUAL, YOU OVERSIMPLY CRAP AND ASSUME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU IS "IDIOTIC".

Obamacare and Romneycare have very key differences, for those who like facts rather than all caps and condescending BS, here's some good info:

Mitt Romney and Healthcare: Romneycare Vs. Obamacare

The American Spectator : Obamacare vs. Romneycare -- A Crucial Difference

RomneyCare - The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central
Pay particular attention to point #6, Romney's vetoes that were over-ridden by a Dem state legislature.
Interesting stuff on the Romney vetoes, Sammy. I didn't know about them. Thanks for that.

The Romneycare vs. Obamacare link is less helpful as it oversimplifies things in my eyes. For example, the "bipartisan support" part when the legislature was 87% Democrat. That's not exactly the same "bipartisan" reality that one finds on Capitol Hill.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #43
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
AS USUAL, YOU OVERSIMPLY CRAP AND ASSUME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU IS "IDIOTIC".
You oversimplified my statement in which I oversimplified. I have never insinuated that because you don't agree with me, it means you are a idiot. I said,(or implied rather) that if you aren't going to vote for Obama based on the national healthcare program, but are planning on voting for Romney, who is the founder of such program, it's pretty idiotic.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Obamacare and Romneycare have very key differences, for those who like facts rather than all caps and condescending BS, here's some good info:

Pay particular attention to point #6, Romney's vetoes that were over-ridden by a Dem state legislature.
You might as well have linked me to FOX News Sammy. You expect me to believe he's going to put ANYTHING remotely bad on his major website? No, he's going to slant it to make it look like he's the guy you should be voting for. Take this for example.



Strong bipartisan support? Is that why they overrode his vetoes? Also, is he really going to compare the state run government bipartisan levels to that on the national level? ....lol I think we all know the GOP goes out of it's way to stonewall anybody not in their group. Why? So they can point a finger come next election and SAY LOOK!! HE"S DONE NOTHING!




Look at the word play here. "A mere modest 1% of the state budget". Notice he doesn't use overall numbers like he did with the national bill (500 BILLION). Also, isn't cutting Medicare by 500 billion a good thing to you GOPers?



LOOK GUYS! IT"S INTENDED AS A SOCIALISM!!! Who cares how long the bill was? You mean to tell me that 70 page bill is more detailed than that 2,074 bill? Doubt it. I'm willing to bet you that everything on the right side could be applied on the left side as well, but you know they aren't going to put that in. The bill was probably so long because it ended up with billions in pork.
In health bill, billions for parks, paths - The Boston Globe


As far as your point #6, lets look at what amendments he vetoed.

Quote:
Romney vetoed eight sections of the health care legislation, including a $295-per-person fee on businesses with 11 employees or more that do not provide health insurance.[47][48] Romney also vetoed provisions providing dental and eyeglass benefits to poor residents on the Medicaid program, and providing health coverage to senior and disabled legal immigrants not eligible for federal Medicaid.[49][50] However, the state legislature overrode all of the vetoes.[51]
Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Puhleease. Give a friggin break Sammy. For all intents and purposes, the Obamacare and Romneycare are THE SAME THING. You can nickle and dime the few discrepancies, but a spade is still a spade bro.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #44
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sammy you say facts yet you posted a link to Romney web page.....oh I'm sure that is full of facts.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #45
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

You guys are just playing a game semantics. The fact of the matter is republicans thought of and inspired the individual mandate and Romney was the first politician to bring us closer to universal healthcare. I think reasonable can agree that Romney is not the ideal vanguard of the anti-obamacare movement. A simple message wins the day and Romney's messages is not going to be simpler than Obama's on healthcare.

It is not the second quarter, there 1 sec left in the game and one last hail marry play remains. The filibuster is a deadly play. Healthcare is here to stay move the **** on.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.53351 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25