Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #361
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
I'm an Atheist, I don't believe in me.
RedskinRat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #362
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
It's the overall tone to your argument, the same tired tactics.



Yeah, all gun owners are NRA members. <rolls_eyes> It's more your side telling everyone that the case. It IS political, but driven from the liberal, anti-gun adjenda.




Some of my best friends are black. GTFOOH, you lying weasel!

You're on the wrong end so you attempt to change the conversation to something you're more comfortable with.

At no point did I mock the Conn shooting victims and it's pretty low for you to even suggest it. It's also similar in the way liberals throw the word racism around when they want to bring a conversation back to their terms.

Point being, you accused me of something anyone here can see I didn't do. You are now trying to reframe the 2nd Amendment as a 'hunters only' issue. What part of the 2nd Amendment do you need explained to you?

You're an utter cunt for trying to use a vile assertion like making fun of shooting victims. You know you're wrong, and like another poster on here, when your position is shown to be invalid you use bluff, demands and misdirection in an attempt to garner popular support.

Back on track: This is about gun control. We have an overwhelming amount to gun laws on the books, they should be better enforced.

People need to be better neighbors, care for each other more and get help for people who need it.

So now the name calling starts after you get called out,conversation done!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #363
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Don't lie, you won't get called names.

You're wrong, everyone can see you're wrong. Now you compound it by being too gutless to just apologize.

Of course you're done. Crawl away.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #364
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

You know, at risk of the NRA being able to tell us what we believe, as someone here said: I thought it might be helpful to post what the NRA said, not just a liberal description of what the NRA said that was posted earlier: Link

NRA PRESS CONFERENCE
12/21/2012

The National Rifle Association's 4 million mothers, fathers, sons and daughters join the nation in horror, outrage, grief and earnest prayer for the families of Newtown, Connecticut ... who suffered such incomprehensible loss as a result of this unspeakable crime.

Out of respect for those grieving families, and until the facts are known, the NRA has refrained from comment. While some have tried to exploit tragedy for political gain, we have remained respectfully silent.

Now, we must speak ... for the safety of our nation's children. Because for all the noise and anger directed at us over the past week, no one — nobody — has addressed the most important, pressing and immediate question we face: How do we protect our children right now, starting today, in a way that we know works?

The only way to answer that question is to face up to the truth. Politicians pass laws for Gun-Free School Zones. They issue press releases bragging about them. They post signs advertising them.

And in so doing, they tell every insane killer in America that schools are their safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk.

How have our nation's priorities gotten so far out of order? Think about it. We care about our money, so we protect our banks with armed guards. American airports, office buildings, power plants, courthouses — even sports stadiums — are all protected by armed security.

We care about the President, so we protect him with armed Secret Service agents. Members of Congress work in offices surrounded by armed Capitol Police officers.

Yet when it comes to the most beloved, innocent and vulnerable members of the American family — our children — we as a society leave them utterly defenseless, and the monsters and predators of this world know it and exploit it. That must change now!

(continue reading at link above)
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #365
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Punch It In,

Close to home.

Guns, ammunition found during Ocean Township traffic stop, police say | NJ.com
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 12-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #366
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Lovely.....
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #367
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Excellent article that goes much deeper into the question 'Why?' these atrocities are happening:

Newtown and Violence - No Easy Answer


Whilst I don't agree with this point:

President Obama has called for meaningful action. In government, meaningful action is often symbolic, done in speeches and codified into law. Gun control would at the very least signal that things have shifted, that we will not accept this type of violence, that we are willing to place limits on our freedom for the collective good of our children.

This resonates:

We need to get better at dealing with young men and women prone to violence through our schools and in our neighborhoods. We need to engage in prison reform, and to rework our senseless jailing of so many non-violent offenders (often to great profit for the people who run prisons) and to direct many more resources to lowering alcohol and drug use rather than a continued engagement in a violent drug war. Much of the saved money from that “war” could then go to funding more community approaches to addressing violence. So, yes, reform before and after these violent acts.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #368
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Enact common sense gun laws,these could'nt hurt!

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence : Second Amendment

The Supreme Court has reaffirmed that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual the right to possess guns in the home for self defense. They Justices also stated that this right is “not unlimited” – elected officials may enact common sense gun laws to protect communities.



Those laws are needed to protect the safety of Americans. Too many individuals can obtain dangerous weapons far too easily in America. An epidemic of violence results when guns and even assault rifles can be purchased from unlicensed merchants at gun shows without a Brady criminal background check.



Think we don’t need to change that? Think again. In one year, more than 31,000 people die from gun violence – and close to 79,000 more are shot but survive gun injuries. That’s more than 100,000 people EACH YEAR who are killed or wounded with a gun in our country.



This is not about banning guns. It’s about responsibility in selling and owning guns – and making our homes, schools and communities safer. And you have a stake in it.


We all do
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #369
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

Think we don’t need to change that? Think again. In one year, more than 31,000
Which year? Certainly wasn't 2011.

In 2011, an estimated 14,612 persons were murdered in the United States. This was a 0.7 percent decrease from the 2010 estimate, a 14.7 percent decline from the 2007 figure, and a 10.0 percent decrease from the 2002 estimate.

FBI &mdash; Murder

This is a total for murder, not just gun murder. I would suggest that you're telling lies again.

Please be thorough enough to post your sources other than an appallingly biased website. FBI should do.

Waiting.........

You could try here:

FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

However, Barber said gun violence has “dropped precipitously” from the early 1990s — a trend criminologists chalked up to “changes in the crack cocaine market.” Her observation is supported by crime data and surveys.
As we said earlier, the homicide rate since 1981 peaked in 1993 at 7 per 100,000. In addition, the Census Bureau’s annual National Crime Victimization Survey collects data on nonfatal firearm-related violent crimes, including those not reported to police. That data set shows a dramatic decline in gun violence since the early 1990s.

But you won't like the result.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #370
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post


This is a total for murder, not just gun murder. I would suggest that you're telling lies again.

.

"Think we don’t need to change that? Think again. In one year, more than 31,000 people die from gun violence – and close to 79,000 more are shot but survive gun injuries. That’s more than 100,000 people EACH YEAR who are killed or wounded with a gun in our country."

I would suggest you might need some reading comprehension,it says gun vioence not just murder.


More facts you won't like....

USA Gun Violence Statistics | heedinggodscall.org
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 01-02-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #371
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
'It' says.......

Cite your source. You can't substantiate it because it's a falsified figure.

You're a liar, a scaremonger and a waste of forum space.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #372
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Opinions: Civilians have no rights to assault weapons | NJ.com


Pretty good opinion peace ..........
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #373
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
'It' says.......

Cite your source. You can't substantiate it because it's a falsified figure.

You're a liar, a scaremonger and a waste of forum space.
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence : Second Amendment


and when you can't respond ,you call someone names.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #374
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Brady Center is anti-gun. Post an independent, valid source.

I am using Government figures, not a lobbyists group, I expect you to do the same.

And also, calling you a liar is an accurate description, not name-calling. You tell lies. You're a liar.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #375
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Brady Center is anti-gun. Post an independent, valid source.

I am using Government figures, not a lobbyists group, I expect you to do the same.

And also, calling you a liar is an accurate description, not name-calling. You tell lies. You're a liar.

Oh ,so becuase you use one type of source I have to use that also, and if I don't I'm a liar,how old are you?The NRA is a lobbyest group and you have no problem throwing their stats out when you need them.

Typical gun culture thinking when they are matched up with facts ,they start personal attacks.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33421 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25