Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #496
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,175
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Whats this thread about again?

Gun control but if you say anything for it, you are called a liar.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #497
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,758
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Gun control but if you say anything for it, you are called a liar.
You just lied (strawmanned) in the post before this one. Heck you also did it in the post I quoted. Other people have been able to talk on both sides without lying. (ex: Daseal, me, and RR)

Not to mention you still owe RR an apology, don't you?
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #498
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
You just lied (strawmanned) in the post before this one. Heck you also did it in the post I quoted. Other people have been able to talk on both sides without lying. (ex: Daseal, me, and RR)

Not to mention you still owe RR an apology, don't you?
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath HG, I know we're all forewarned when we see a Giantone posting it'll be a 'giant one', as in big lie.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #499
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So do you think a school bus strike and a mass murder of school children and teachers are equal issues?
Really stupid question.
firstdown is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #500
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,175
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Really stupid question.


Maybe but I'm not the poster that tied the two together.Post #486
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #501
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,175
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
You just lied (strawmanned) in the post before this one. Heck you also did it in the post I quoted. Other people have been able to talk on both sides without lying. (ex: Daseal, me, and RR)

Not to mention you still owe RR an apology, don't you?
No I don't owe anyone anything ,I'm not the one who said the lady in the artical should go make a sandwich.
You talk to posters that agree with you,the ones that don't you call liar.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #502
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,175
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Again posting in the gun control thread,I guess these are lies also.


Poll shows huge support for new gun control measures





Poll: Marylanders strongly support gun-control proposals - The Washington Post
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #503
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
children killed by man with gun. weeks later polls show strong support for new gun laws. color me shocked. this is how bad laws get started in our media stained society.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #504
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Again posting in the gun control thread,I guess these are lies also.


Poll shows huge support for new gun control measures
As someone once said of Ipsos (who did the poll for Reuters) Nevertheless, particularly when a poll produces what appears to be an outlying result, as the recent Ipsos poll did, reporters and analysts should treat it with suspicion and consider whether the discrepancies are explained by questionable methodology. Too often these outlier polls receive more attention precisely because their results are surprising or unexpected, but they usually deserve less.

A bit like this poll, but wouldn't tout it as a serious source either:

Fox News poll: Twice as many favor more guns over banning guns to reduce crime

The poll from the WaPo was done by OpinionWorks, a notoriously biased Left wing joke.

It would be like me running a poll to see how many people on Warpath think you're a lying douchbag, and only asking myself.

OMFG! 100% of people asked said Giantone is a lying douchebag!

Also, the lady started a ****ing Facebook page. Way to be an activist!

You made it sound like I was mocking the victims, which was your ploy, it failed, you're a lying douchebag. Polls don't lie, right?

GTFOOH!

Last edited by RedskinRat; 01-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #505
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
children killed by man with gun. weeks later polls show strong support for new gun laws. color me shocked. this is how bad laws get started in our media stained society.
Actually, CRR, the first poll by Ipsos for Reuters was taken before, as they gleefully mention in the article.

It doesn't change how the Media is a fecal smear on the bedsheets of our metaphorical mattress of the USA.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #506
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

It would be like me running a poll to see how many people on Warpath think you're a lying douchbag, and only asking myself.

OMFG! 100% of people asked said Giantone is a lying douchebag!

Actually in order to properly sensationalize it your summary should be "OMFG! 100% of Warpathers said Giantone is a lying douchebag!" . As seen here:

Quote:
The poll, mostly taken before Obama released his recommendations, found 74 percent of Americans favor a ban on assault weapons, with 26 percent opposed.


And im not too sure an online poll (wtf is an online poll???) of 559 American (cause its hard to get people to take polls online) represent the the prevailing attitude of all Americans. Although, the poll is within 4.7% of Ipsos's propierty "creditability interval" (wtf is a creditability interval and why dont stastical probabilities apply to Ipsos's polls????).


Quote:
A ban on high-capacity ammunition clips was backed by 74 percent, and 26 percent were opposed.
I dont care when people mistakenly call magazines "clips", but shouldnt a scientific surv.... err, online poll properly identify the item in question?


Heres another poll:

Most support NRA despite recent criticism, poll shows | Fox News

^ I tried to find this reported by another major news source because i know how much everyone here hates Fox...... Apperently only Fox found this news worthy, even though i think its pretty darn interesting. I wonder if it would be reported if the results were much less favorable to the NRA?

Its a Gallup poll, imho the most creditable. Although instead of creditability analysis they use that witches brew "margin of errors" and "stastical analysis" stuff. The math is too fancy for me to make sense of it:

NRA Has 54% Favorable Image in U.S.





*Giantone, i dont think youre a douchbag, im just using RR's statement for my example.
__________________

Last edited by mlmpetert; 01-18-2013 at 08:15 PM.
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #507
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Actually, CRR, the first poll by Ipsos for Reuters was taken before, as they gleefully mention in the article.

It doesn't change how the Media is a fecal smear on the bedsheets of our metaphorical mattress of the USA.
Maybe I read it wrong, looked like it was post-Sandy Hook, but before Pres. Obama's talking points. In other words these polls and other like them are touted in the media then used by politicians to pass fear inspired laws tbat are, in the end, bad law. This cycle occurs so frequently in the US it ought to have its own name.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #508
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

KLHJ2 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #509
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,758
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No I don't owe anyone anything ,I'm not the one who said the lady in the artical should go make a sandwich.
You talk to posters that agree with you,the ones that don't you call liar.
No, you accused RR of making fun of the murders in Conn. And you got called on that lie.

No, I've responded to Daseal and Lotus, whom I disagree with but respect, in part because they didn't lie like you did. Are you through making false accusations against people you disagree with, giantone? It's becoming a trend with you.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #510
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,175
Re: Gun Control Thread- Should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
No, you accused RR of making fun of the murders in Conn. And you got called on that lie.

No, I've responded to Daseal and Lotus, whom I disagree with but respect, in part because they didn't lie like you did. Are you through making false accusations against people you disagree with, giantone? It's becoming a trend with you.
lol,typical gun culture move make the argument about anything else but guns and as the NRA says attack the messenger not the message.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29712 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25