Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,739
Re: All things Middle East related

LOL...you guys crack me up.
Its been widely reported that Al Qaeda was responsible for this.
Not the civilian mob that was on the scene.
We've been drooping drone poop on them for a long time and will continue to do so.

"They go down too" .....lol
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
LOL...you guys crack me up.
Its been widely reported that Al Qaeda was responsible for this.
Not the civilian mob that was on the scene.
We've been drooping drone poop on them for a long time and will continue to do so.

"They go down too" .....lol
You understand that there appear to be (at best case) terrorist sympathizers in Libya's security forces that gave away the position of our Ambassador.

Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens - CBS News

You are extremely naive if you don't think there's a strong chance there are (again at best case) factions within the Libyan and Egyptian gov't that support these attacks. If we identify the terrorist groups within Libya/Egypt and where to attack....and the Libyan and/or Egyptian gov'ts won't allow us clearance or wind up notifying the terrorists of our plans....then absolutely we strike at their military infrastructure and claim a "stray missle" or something to that effect.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,739
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
You understand that there appear to be (at best case) terrorist sympathizers in Libya's security forces that gave away the position of our Ambassador.

Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens - CBS News

You are extremely naive if you don't think there's a strong chance there are (again at best case) factions within the Libyan and Egyptian gov't that support these attacks. If we identify the terrorist groups within Libya/Egypt and where to attack....and the Libyan and/or Egyptian gov'ts won't allow us clearance or wind up notifying the terrorists of our plans....then absolutely we strike at their military infrastructure and claim a "stray missle" or something to that effect.
LOL.....he was in the consulate building. Whats to give away? Every Abdul in the town knows where that is.

And your stray missile comment is amusing.
Where does this stray missile come from?
One of our many training ranges in Egypt?

And regarding your faction comment regarding who supports these attacks, I'd be of the opinion that any swinging dick that reads a Koran fits that description.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,739
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Peaceful? This is a hostile crowd attacking the embassy. You should fire warning shots up in the air and if that doesn't get them to scramble you shoot them in the face. I'm confident this is probably what happened but there was just too many of them.


...and this is coming from someone who has been deemed a liberal on this forum.

As for the stupid comparison to Blackwater, there is no moral equivalence.
Whos going to fire the shots?
There were no Marines at this consulate. They were at the embassy in Tripoli.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
saden and I don't agree on a lot politically, but I'm certainly in line with his Rules of Engagement.

This was a coordinated attack with insider support (at least it appears so in Libya). Response must be to devastate the groups that coordinated these attacks...wherever they are. If the host country does not support our tactical response.....and/or decide to get in the way....they go down too.

These violent extremists only understand force....nothing else.
I am glad we agree and I hope we are on the same page in condemning Romney's disgraceful performance in the past 24 hours.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #21
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Whos going to fire the shots?
There were no Marines at this consulate. They were at the embassy in Tripoli.
I thought 2 marines were killed in the attack.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
LOL.....he was in the consulate building. Whats to give away? Every Abdul in the town knows where that is.

And your stray missile comment is amusing.
Where does this stray missile come from?
One of our many training ranges in Egypt?

And regarding your faction comment regarding who supports these attacks, I'd be of the opinion that any swinging dick that reads a Koran fits that description.
Read the link. From the link:

He said Stevens, 52, and other officials were moved to a second building - deemed safer - after the initial wave of protests at the consulate compound. According to al-Sharef, members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack.

This is a very fluid situation, an updated link:
Defense.gov News Article: Official Details Benghazi Attack, Vows to Support Libya

Once we've determined who's responsible, missle strikes can be done from our destroyers enroute to the Libyan coast, submarine assets, or other Air Force assets in the region. Special Forces can prepare for an assault and be in region with 24-48 hours.

As far a factions supporting this, I'm specifically speaking about government (or elements within the gov't) support for these attacks by Libya/Egypt.

You've done a bunch of LOL'ing at others, what do you propose we do here?
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 09-12-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I thought 2 marines killed in the attack.
You are correct.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I am glad we agree and I hope we are on the same page in condemning Romney's disgraceful performance in the past 24 hours.
I really wish we weren't in an election season right now. I believe it would've been best for Romney to make a statement condeming the acts forcefully and that we should never apologize for our freedom of speech, without taking shots at the POTUS. Better to wait and point out differences in strategy/position in the foreign policy debate.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I really wish we weren't in an election season right now. I believe it would've been best for Romney to make a statement condeming the acts forcefully and that we should never apologize for our freedom of speech, without taking shots at the POTUS. Better to wait and point out differences in strategy/position in the foreign policy debate.
We agree again.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,321
Re: All things Middle East related

'This Does Not Represent Us': Moving Photos of Pro-American Rallies in Libya - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.

Last edited by drew54; 09-12-2012 at 11:12 PM.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,585
Re: All things Middle East related

yes, the security forces tipped off the violent elements that used the crowd to hide in, and i'm pretty sure we're looking into dealing with as many of those criminal/murderous people as we can. no president loves drone death more than obama. if you can sniff the problem children out and stamp on them, great, but killing those that haven't done anything egregious is a great way to turn the entire country against you very quickly.

so you have to be really careful about shooting into crowds. generally you try to snipe the rpgs/leaders when they start pointing guns at you and that gets the message across really quickly. the thing you don't want to go is encourage anyone who's standing around to go home, get their guns, and come back looking for a fight.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #28
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,739
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I thought 2 marines were killed in the attack.
Link?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #29
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,739
Re: All things Middle East related

Ok let me back up a minute here and say things a little clearer because I actually agree with the general feeling you guys have but I dont advocate willy nilly retailation if it puts more American soldiers at risk.

First of all I dont believe in any kind of higher power, so I dont believe anything these Muslim idiots do is justified. If they dont like our videos, feck them....its just a video about a mythical being AFAIC.

I'm distrustfull of the Arab nation as a whole.
I've heard some extremists say that we (the west/America) are/should be at war with the muslim religion. I lean about 80% towards that mind set.
However, even if we really were I dont see it ending in the next 500 years as these people will continue to procreate and want to be martyrs.
Sh1tty sitauation and I have no idea how to resolve.

When we invaded Iraq I was for it. Same goes for whatever you want to call the action in Afghanistan.....
However now I'm very tired and fed up with Americans in body bags.
My stance is no more boots on the ground to resolve things in the middle east.
Continue the fight....but let technology and drones do it and whatever else DARPA the CIA and the Skunkworks can come up with.

As for Libya....its a huge mess. Its a fractured country with a fledgeling govt. with different factions of military.
It could have been one of many "factions" in that area that ratted out and killed our state dept people. Regardless, its all about their religion so feck all of them.
Stay the feck out of Libya and let technology find and kill these arsewipes.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 09-13-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Ok let me back up a minute here and say things a little clearer because I actually agree with the general feeling you guys have but I dont advocate willy nilly retailation if it puts more American soldiers at risk.

First of all I dont believe in any kind of higher power, so I dont believe anything these Muslim idiots do is justified. If they dont like our videos, feck them....its just a video about a mythical being AFAIC.

I'm distrustfull of the Arab nation as a whole.
I've heard some extremists say that we (the west/America) are/should be at war with the muslim religion. I lean about 80% towards that mind set.
However, even if we really were I dont see it ending in the next 500 years as these people will continue to procreate and want to be martyrs.
Sh1tty sitauation and I have no idea how to resolve.

When we invaded Iraq I was for it. Same goes for whatever you want to call the action in Afghanistan.....
However now I'm very tired and fed up with Americans in body bags.
My stance is no more boots on the ground to resolve things in the middle east.
Continue the fight....but let technology and drones do it and whatever else DARPA the CIA and the Skunkworks can come up with.

As for Libya....its a huge mess. Its a fractured country with a fledgeling govt. with different factions of military.
It could have been one of many "factions" in that area that ratted out and killed our state dept people. Regardless, its all about their religion so feck all of them.
Stay the feck out of Libya and let technology find and kill these arsewipes.
We agree on bolded. The only thing I would add is that I'm sure we'll need some sort of Spec Ops response....certainly not publicized. Defintely no repeat of Iraq & Afghanistan with widespread and massive boots-on-ground response.

These new regimes need to understand very quickly by a show of force if American interests in their countries are compromised the punishment will be swift, certain and severe. If they don't control the terrorist factions within their borders we will eliminate them ourselves.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23370 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25