Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #121
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think we do get outraged here, but the point is, its culturely acceptable in the Middle East. Its clearly not here.

But like I said before, violence against women is actually a small part of equality rights of women over there. Violence is the end result, kinda like my article. There was an honor attempted killing only because the woman had no choice or say in the matter of who she could be with.
Thats a false, ignorant, and racist statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
No, you are wrong. You mistakenly are equating women's civil rights with tolerance of violence against women. No one questions that women have far less civil rights in middle eastern countries. But those same countries have laws which consider attacks on women to be criminal.

On the flip side, women have equal civil rights with men in the US, but that doesnt make them any safer from domestic violence. Men mistreating women is a universal problem. There are small communities all over the world where men can essentially do what they want to women with impunity, but those pockets are not representative of the society as a whole.

Last edited by BigHairedAristocrat; 04-05-2013 at 03:30 PM.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,233
Re: All things Middle East related

If its culturaly acceptable there then their culture sucks boils on a red baboons ass.
They are medieval thinking dirtbags.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #123
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
If its culturaly acceptable there then their culture sucks boils on a red baboons ass.
They are medieval thinking dirtbags.
For the very small tribal pockets of Afghanistan that are ruled by religious extremists, you are right. But that culture is not representative of the majority of Afghanistan or the middle east. Chico's comments reflect ignorance at best.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #124
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
For the very small tribal pockets of Afghanistan that are ruled by religious extremists, you are right. But that culture is not representative of the majority of Afghanistan or the middle east. Chico's comments reflect ignorance at best.
Your opinion or a fact? Please post something to substantiate this assertion.

How familiar are you with FGM? It's eerily connected with a particular culture/religion and practiced by their adherents when they emigrate to other countries. If that's not violence against women, I don't know what it is.

FGM FACT SHEET

Not so common in the misogynistic (according to you) US.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 04-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #125
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,014
Re: All things Middle East related

An example of equal rights and violence against women in Egypt from the political party that put Morsi in power:

In response to a proposed United Nations declaration to condemn violence against women, the Brotherhood issued a statement asserting that wives should not have the right to file legal complaints against their husbands for rape, that daughters should not have the same inheritance rights as sons, and that the husband must have "guardianship" over his wife, recommending the "husband's consent in matters like travel, work or use of contraception."

Obviously this is not an minority but a strong political party whose candidate now leads one of the largest Islamic countries in the world.

And to call someone a racist is a bit much
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #126
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
And to call someone a racist is a bit much
First gambit of someone with no real argument.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #127
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,233
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
For the very small tribal pockets of Afghanistan that are ruled by religious extremists, you are right. But that culture is not representative of the majority of Afghanistan or the middle east. Chico's comments reflect ignorance at best.
Saudi Arabian women risk arrest and flogging if they are caught driving an automobile.
Women in Iran have been imprisoned because they were caught riding dirt bikes.
That/they/them is one fecked up culture en masse.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #128
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Your opinion or a fact? Please post something to substantiate this assertion.

How familiar are you with FGM? It's eerily connected with a particular culture/religion and practiced by their adherents when they emigrate to other countries. If that's not violence against women, I don't know what it is.

FGM FACT SHEET

Not so common in the misogynistic (according to you) US.
I have posted facts... a whole bunch of them in my previous post. I dont understand how you keep telling me to post something to substantiate my assertation WHEN I ALREADY HAVE. Go back to the previous page.

FGM is exceedingly rare and is viewed as horrific by the vast majority of Muslims. Your trying to racistly assert that the majority muslims/middle eastern culture supports this practice is like saying the majority of American Christians support going to funerals of soldiers with signs that say "God hates fags" because a few extremists do that.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #129
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Your trying to racistly assert .
<SNIP>

Racist? And which 'Race' is islam/moslem?

Once you get that figured out, please come back and I'll set to straight on some other bigoted notions you're stuck on.

Bye!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #130
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,233
Re: All things Middle East related

"Racist" is such an awesomely demonized word it works well on many levels.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #131
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Racist? And which 'Race' is islam/moslem?
Its' Muslim, not moslem... or did you deliberately use the pejorative form of the word because of your obvious discrimination and hatred of people of the religion?


Rat and Alvin:

Your hatred of people, regardless of race or religion, who condone abuse of women in all its forms (domestic violence, rape, mutilation, etc.) is morally justified. I'm 100% with you on that. But judging a billion people in the middle east (the majority of whom are muslims) based on the actions/attitudes of a small minority is cookie cutter racism.

You want to say you dont prejudge people of the middle east and only muslims, then you are a "religious discriminator." Its no different than racism and just as ugly.

Islam doesnt teach that its ok to rape and beat women or perform FGM... thats just a small portion of people who happen to live in those countries and claim to be muslim. Judging the majority of people in those countries based on those few is overt discrimination.

How would you feel if someone beleived you were a "god hates fags" soldier funeral protester just because you lived in the US?

Discrimination is ugly in all its forms. Your comments show you are prejudiced against people from the middle east and/or Muslims. Im ashamed that others here seem to share your ignorant and hateful views.

Last edited by BigHairedAristocrat; 04-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #132
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,233
Re: All things Middle East related

Spot on dude, I dont deny any of that.
Congrats, you're a well read bleeding heart.
Sorry, cant get past any of that crap after watching people jump to their deaths from the Trade Center.
I'm not a cheek turner.
Eff all of them.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #133
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Just used my brain. The article stated:



thats about 1,333 cases of violence against women and girls reported per year. Doesnt that seem shockingly small to you? even on a purely annectodal level, when you think about similar crimes here?

However, since you wanted some substaiting evidence, about 2.3MM people are raped or assaulted by their current or former partner each year. 3-4MM women are beaten or assaulted by their husbands, male lovers, or exboyfriends.
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...estic_violence

Now, I would imagine there would be some overlap between those two statistics, so lets go on the low end and say that equates to about 4MM cases of violent domestic abuse against women in the US per year.

you have 4,000,000 violent assaults against women per year in the US compared to 1,333 reported cases in Afghanistan. Now, before you the data is skewed due to the US having a much larger population, consider that the US has about 300 million people and Afghanistan has about 30 million (10 times more). So even if you multiplied the Afghan statistics by 10 to correlate the numbers, you'd have 13,333 attacks in Afghanistan to 4,000,000 in the US.

Granted, women are more likely to report crime here than in some of the more "backwater" areas of Afghanistan, but you cant argue with the numbers.

Also, interesting reading is this this UN report on violence against women:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demograph...st%20women.pdf

The first statement in the report is that violence against women is universal. Neither the US or Afghanistan is on one of the charts shown, but surprisingly, Australia was the 4th most violent country surveyed, with over 50% of women experiencing physical violence in their lives.


Ultimately, my point is this: People get so outraged at these crimes against women in these other countries, but they dont share the same outrage when it happens here. In my opinion, its partly racism. "Its the middle east. Theyre muslim, so theyre so much worse over there." Bull crap. The truth of the matter is, violence against women is so common here (and in pretty much every other country in the "western" world) that we're immune to it. But people are only outraged when we see our "enemies" doing the same things. Its hypocritical and its shameful.
Probably because it does not get reported because nothing will be done. Women can actually cause themself more problems if they report abuse. Also in the US what we call abuse is very broad. If I grab my wife to get her attention (not something I'd do) and left a mark what so ever its called an assult. In the middle east they would laugh at you.

Last edited by firstdown; 04-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #134
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Its' Muslim, not moslem... or did you deliberately use the pejorative form of the word because of your obvious discrimination and hatred of people of the religion?
As it's an Arabic word, it's phonetic. It's commonly written that way in older texts. Yes, I mock people of all religions equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Rat and Alvin:

Your hatred of people, regardless of race or religion, who condone abuse of women in all its forms (domestic violence, rape, mutilation, etc.) is morally justified. I'm 100% with you on that. But judging a billion people in the middle east (the majority of whom are muslims) based on the actions/attitudes of a small minority is cookie cutter racism.
You're showing YOUR ignorance and bigotry. Only about 350 million people live in the ME, yet their tenets of faith are wider spread and they are surprisingly vocal. There's a chart for that. Let me know if you'd like to see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You want to say you dont prejudge people of the middle east and only muslims, then you are a "religious discriminator." Its no different than racism and just as ugly.
I have NEVER said that, or wanted to. When people base their life on idiotic intangibles I am free to treat them as I see fit. Show me evidence of a god, I'll apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Islam doesnt teach that its ok to rape and beat women or perform FGM...
Yet sadly it's their culture that forces them. Shocking that their faith allows it then, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
thats just a small portion of people who happen to live in those countries and claim to be muslim. Judging the majority of people in those countries based on those few is overt discrimination.
So you're saying their faith isn't as strong as their bestial urges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
How would you feel if someone beleived you were a "god hates fags" soldier funeral protester just because you lived in the US?
Anyone who knows me knows that's not the case, I could care less what most people think of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Discrimination is ugly in all its forms. Your comments show you are prejudiced against people from the middle east and/or Muslims. Im ashamed that others here seem to share your ignorant and hateful views.
I'm shocked that people know so little about such an abhorrent cult, we all get surprises every day. Hopefully you'll learn something.

p.s. Still hating the off season.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 04-08-2013 at 02:43 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #135
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: All things Middle East related

well, right now the talbian's version of islam says it's cool to recruit 6-10 year olds and turn them into living bombs.

if you haven't seen the first episode of vice (hbo), please check it out. it's like, an actual investigative news show... not worthless/endless opinions or entertainment stories (like fox/cnn/msnbc/etc).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34470 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25