Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #241
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Based on international law, it is. How can you expect countries to respect our diplomatic actions and requests based on international law(ex. Iran stop developing nukes) if we don't follow those very rules? It's very hypocritical.
110% agree, this and NDAA were the two biggest reservations I had while voting for Obama.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #242
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,302
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Based on international law, it is. How can you expect countries to respect our diplomatic actions and requests based on international law(ex. Iran stop developing nukes) if we don't follow those very rules? It's very hypocritical.
They can kiss the south end of my red, white and blue ass!
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #243
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Yup, we've still got a lot of work to do.

Obama Plays Golf | The Weekly Standard

Really,JC ...you guys need to stop.Do any of you realize how much work gets done at a golf course,no really!!!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #244
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
My biggest gripe with the Obama administration. Drone strikes are horrible for long term foreign policy in the mid east...and they're illegal.
BS,illegal my ass!(sorry).It's illegal to kill 3000 Americans by flying planes into towers but over there how many people were cheering?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #245
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BS,illegal my ass!(sorry).It's illegal to kill 3000 Americans by flying planes into towers but over there how many people were cheering?
It is illegal. You think it's legal to fly a aircraft (manned or unmanned) through another country to kill somebody?


Also, you were shown exactly what our media wants to show you. You see a few hundred people cheering and assume that's the whole country.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #246
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

so if someone flew a drone over te US and killed your parent, or a 4 star general, that wouldn't be terrorism? or does logic magically only work one way.

I can tell you, if that happened, i'd be pretty pissed.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #247
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
. You see a few hundred people cheering and assume that's the whole country.

All due respect ,a few hundred,are you serous?In that case ....it was a whole country.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #248
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
All due respect ,a few hundred,are you serous?In that case ....it was a whole country.
Really? All of Pakistan? That's not true.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #249
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They can kiss the south end of my red, white and blue ass!
Fine but then we can't expect other countries to follow any international law. And we expect other countries to all the time (extradition, nuclear policy, long/short range missiles, etc.). Hypocritical.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #250
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Anyone know the whereabouts of Buster? I hope he's getting help, we don't want his depression to turn into psychosis.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #251
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
so if someone flew a drone over te US and killed your parent, or a 4 star general, that wouldn't be terrorism? or does logic magically only work one way.

I can tell you, if that happened, i'd be pretty pissed.
Exactly. The point of these treaties is the 'do unto others' mentality. If we break those rules, we simply can't expect others to follow them.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #252
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Everyone deserves downtime not to mention the fact that it is possible to walk and chew gum at the some time. The president isn't lazy but you guys go ahead and keep thinking that.
In the words of Nancy Reagan "Presidents don't get a vacation...they just get a change of scenery"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #253
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,302
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

I've never understood all the angst over drone usage.
In most cases we have the permision of the local govt to use them.
Its a hell of a lot more efficient to just drop on them then to send in a team and capture them and bring them to Guantanamo bay. (Obamas policy)
And it also puts less American lives at risk.
There may be some rule bending going on there, that may be putting it mildly, but if it prevents another 9/11....well then drone baby drone!
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 11-12-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #254
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
My biggest gripe with the Obama administration. Drone strikes are horrible for long term foreign policy in the mid east...and they're illegal.
You really think that Obama and our military have not been warning Yamen to wipeout those terrorist camps or we will ourself. Last time we ignored those camps bad things happened. Terrorism is illegal by international laws and aiding and abetting is also illegal by international law. This is one area I support Obama as long as its used wisely. Another words I don't want him to kill 20 women and children to get one or two terrorist.
firstdown is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #255
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,922
Re: Official 2012 Election Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
In the words of Nancy Reagan "Presidents don't get a vacation...they just get a change of scenery"
Perfect quote..given how quickly presidents gray you would think you think they could use some downtown.

...sometimes I wish I lived in their bubble, you know, vacation there for a few weeks and see what it is like in there.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46959 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25