Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #76
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

SlingingSammy???

VA Pizza Shop Offers 15% Discount to Anyone Who Brings in a Gun or Concealed Carry Permit | TheBlaze.com
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #77
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #78
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......


and....
Colorado House passes gun-control measures | Reuters
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #79
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
your post about kevlar suit (most people would assume bullet proof vest) was post #72 my post about not using an ar was #76.


#81
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #80
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,657
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......
Sheriffs in your bedroom.....wonderful.....
Great example of Big Brother.
I really hate timid people and all the new dumb ass laws they think up.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #81
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,396
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......
that's insane. conduct an inspection?
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #82
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Here's how I imagine this 'gun control' playing out:

1) Increase the tax of ammunition to the point where it's too expensive for average people to buy.

2) Introduce increasingly invasive 'checks' on gun owners that make it a complete pain in the arse to own a firearm.

3) Permit owners to store guns at a licensed facility (like a gun range) so as to avoid invasive checks.

4) Facilities are closed down and/or all firearms confiscated.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #83
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Yea right. You forgot that they would have to go door to door to collect these guns.
Already covered.

3) Permit owners to store guns at a licensed facility (like a gun range) so as to avoid invasive checks.

When I say 'permit' I actually mean coerce or subtly force.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,657
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Here's how I imagine this 'gun control' playing out:

1) Increase the tax of ammunition to the point where it's too expensive for average people to buy.

2) Introduce increasingly invasive 'checks' on gun owners that make it a complete pain in the arse to own a firearm.

3) Permit owners to store guns at a licensed facility (like a gun range) so as to avoid invasive checks.

4) Facilities are closed down and/or all firearms confiscated.
None of those will ever happen.
#2 and #4 are fairly ridiculous.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #85
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,270
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Still would not happen. To many people feel its their right to own a gun and would be to periniod (sp) to turn them in or check them in for any reason. One of the main reason people do not want background checks is it lets the gov. know your purchasing a gun that they could trace.
Those are the exact people I don't want to have guns. Gun ownership is not a right, a right is something that cannot be taken away -- guns are a privilege. Otherwise everyone regardless of felon status or mental health status would have the right to own one. If you're not willing to submit to a background check, the punishment should be steep.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #86
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,657
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Those are the exact people I don't want to have guns. Gun ownership is not a right, a right is something that cannot be taken away -- guns are a privilege. Otherwise everyone regardless of felon status or mental health status would have the right to own one. If you're not willing to submit to a background check, the punishment should be steep.
I'm all for background checks.....in todays modern society it has become necessary.
But you're wrong about the privelege part.
Its a right.

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States first ruled in 2008 that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #87
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,097
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

It's a right, that comes with a heavy responsibility.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #88
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,657
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's a right, that comes with a heavy responsibility.
werd
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #89
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Those are the exact people I don't want to have guns. Gun ownership is not a right, a right is something that cannot be taken away -- guns are a privilege. Otherwise everyone regardless of felon status or mental health status would have the right to own one. If you're not willing to submit to a background check, the punishment should be steep.

I understand how you feel but it is a "right" gauranteed by the Constitution but as I have said before it can't go unchecked.You have the right as all Americans to "Free Speach" yet the Surprem Court says it is not your right to scream "fire" in a crowded movie thearter.As always there must be checks and balances on everything,no way the founders of this country would sit back and justify the murder of 20 children it is the people (NRA) that believe that crap that scare me,they are not responsible gun owners.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's a right, that comes with a heavy responsibility.
Very!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28643 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25