Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #106
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
no way the founders of this country would sit back and justify the murder of 20 children it is the people (NRA) that believe that crap that scare me,they are not responsible gun owners.
Please show any evidence you have for the NRA justifying the murders of 20 kids, or is this yet another of your poorly constructed sentences that adds nothing to the discussion?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #107
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I understand how you feel but it is a "right" gauranteed by the Constitution but as I have said before it can't go unchecked.You have the right as all Americans to "Free Speach" yet the Surprem Court says it is not your right to scream "fire" in a crowded movie thearter.As always there must be checks and balances on everything,no way the founders of this country would sit back and justify the murder of 20 children it is the people (NRA) that believe that crap that scare me,they are not responsible gun owners.
Yelling "fire" is against the law just like killing people, carring a gun into a school, and stealing the gun so we do have a check and balance. If a person yelled "fire" would you then want to limit everyones freedom of speach? Also I'd say the member of the NRA are the responsable gun owners.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #108
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

What a dumb ass. He would tell his wife to take their double barrell shot gun out side and fire both rounds into the air to scare off an intruder. OK, if that does not work she is now out of ammo. LMAO

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #109
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I understand how you feel but it is a "right" gauranteed by the Constitution but as I have said before it can't go unchecked.You have the right as all Americans to "Free Speach" yet the Surprem Court says it is not your right to scream "fire" in a crowded movie thearter.As always there must be checks and balances on everything,no way the founders of this country would sit back and justify the murder of 20 children it is the people (NRA) that believe that crap that scare me,they are not responsible gun owners.
I think I did a poor job of illuminating my initial thought. However, let's first clear up free speech. Firstdown mentioned you can't scream fire in a crowded theatre. We are not actually entitled to free speech in this country, what we are entitled to, is that the government can't make laws limiting free speech. Private establishments are free to regulate speech however they deem fit, but the government can not make laws concerning speech on government land (arguable with things such as cussing bans, etc).

What I was trying to argue -- is I think the word right should not be used. I consider a right something that everyone is entitled to, regardless of their situation. There are very few 'rights' in this world, and they can greatly vary based on location. If owning a gun were a true right, then everyone would be entitled to have a gun. Felons, mentally handicapped, prisoners, etc. Everyone would be allowed to own a gun. I don't think anyone is in favor of everyone being guaranteed access to a weapon.

The 2nd amendendment reads:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Like everything else in this document, it was written to be ambigious. I can see many interpretations being justified different ways. All I was trying to say, is that calling it a right is a dangerous path. To me, gun ownership is anagalous to driving a car. You should have to meet some minimum standard, there are multiple classes of ownership (Handgun, Rifle, etc etc), and if you don't treat it responsibly - it can be taken away. I consider those types of rules a priviledge, not a right.

Regardless of the words used (priviledge vs right) I think most of us are in agreement that certain people should not be given access to firearms.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #110
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
If owning a gun were a true right, then everyone would be entitled to have a gun. Felons, mentally handicapped, prisoners, etc. Everyone would be allowed to own a gun. I don't think anyone is in favor of everyone being guaranteed access to a weapon.
I would agree. No one here is arguing that we arm everyone. You could also include NOT having to keep and bear arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
To me, gun ownership is anagalous to driving a car. You should have to meet some minimum standard, there are multiple classes of ownership (Handgun, Rifle, etc etc), and if you don't treat it responsibly - it can be taken away. I consider those types of rules a priviledge, not a right.
That's how it currently works. I had to pass a basic firearms exam, then if you opt for a CCW there are even more rigorous tests etc. Certain people lose their right to have a firearm, like felons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Regardless of the words used (priviledge vs right) I think most of us are in agreement that certain people should not be given access to firearms.
And they're not. It's a right that your forfeit if you demonstrate you can't be responsible.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #111
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Please show any evidence you have for the NRA justifying the murders of 20 kids, or is this yet another of your poorly constructed sentences that adds nothing to the discussion?
The NRA response to the killings in Conn and the Ad using the presidents children are proof enough for me.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #112
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
I would agree. No one here is arguing that we arm everyone. You could also include NOT having to keep and bear arms.



That's how it currently works. I had to pass a basic firearms exam, then if you opt for a CCW there are even more rigorous tests etc. Certain people lose their right to have a firearm, like felons.



And they're not. It's a right that your forfeit if you demonstrate you can't be responsible.


So what about Gun shows and lets say I sell my guns to joe Smith next door nothing illeagel about is there,no,do I have to perform rigorous tests etc on them,no.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #113
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So what about Gun shows and lets say I sell my guns to joe Smith next door nothing illeagel about is there,no,do I have to perform rigorous tests etc on them,no.
All Lic gun dealers have to do back ground checks at gun shows.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #114
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Correct:

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #115
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Prime example of why Gun Free Zones are only good for criminals:


Tough to hear her recounting the crime.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #116
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,301
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
All Lic gun dealers have to do back ground checks at gun shows.
Thats not true for rifles.
Not in Michigan anyways.
I've bought plenty of bolt action rifles at gun shows and all I needed was a drivers license and they just record info from it or take a digital picture of it and file it.
And you cant buy a pistol without first getting a permit from the cop shop so there is no need for a background check after that, the cops have already done it.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #117
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,301
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So what about Gun shows and lets say I sell my guns to joe Smith next door nothing illeagel about is there,no,do I have to perform rigorous tests etc on them,no.
It all depends on what kind of gun and what the state laws are.
Its not that simple.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #118
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Thats not true for rifles.
Not in Michigan anyways.
I've bought plenty of bolt action rifles at gun shows and all I needed was a drivers license and they just record info from it or take a digital picture of it and file it.
And you cant buy a pistol without first getting a permit from the cop shop so there is no need for a background check after that, the cops have already done it.
Here in Va there is no check if your buying the gun at a gun show from an individual. If its a lic. gun dealer then a back ground check is done for any type of gun.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #119
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,105
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Living here in Maryland I will admit this surprised me.

Washington Post poll finds support for stricter gun control laws in Maryland - The Washington Post

Maryland residents overwhelmingly support Gov. Martin O’Malley’s plan to force gun buyers to submit to fingerprinting, safety training and more background checks, according to a new Washington Post poll.
Across the state, fully 85 percent back the governor’s licensing plan and 73 percent do so “strongly.” They also support banning high-capacity ammunition clips and assault weapons — two other portions of O’Malley’s (D) bill, which in the wake of the December school shooting in Newtown, Conn., would give Maryland among the nation’s strictest gun-control laws.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #120
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,301
Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Jeez I am so tired of hearing about high cap magazines.
There are so many ways around that its effing ridiculous.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31094 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25